164 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your winner

• West Orange-Stark Mustangs
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a simple repost with some edits from the Gilmer vs. Celina pregame hyp..
My predications are still the same, names have been changed to protect those that didn't relaize the impending doom.
I can respect Celina's WOS playoff history and records,BUT, Gilmer will line up and exploit every strength you've had up until know. They have receivers that line up everywhere and I think they have scissortail flycatcher in their blood because no matter how good your coverage is, you will be scratching your heads . While you are anticipating the pass, they will let go of the pack of buzzsaws the call running backs and its time to scratch and think once again. They have WAY to many weapons and too much depth. They can match anyone strength for strength, speed for speed. They are patient and on a mission. If they can't outplay you,they will out coach you. Like I say, too many weapons. Should be illegal.

I'm not from Gilmer, but I have too much respect for the Gilmer Buckeye Nation NOT to be pulling for them against Celina WOS.

Like I said before,Celina WOS has had a great tradition,and people from that area will not let little old east Texas forget it. Biggest difference I see is, Gilmer deserves respect from what they do year in year out, they don't rely on the past to win in the present.

I'm sure I will be getting slammed now. Henderson

lions are out, got beat by Navasota, so I am now an unlicensed, temporary, bleed orange and black, bust-em-up buckeye nation fan.2 weeks in a row

Good season Celina WOS,sorry it didn't work out for you in 2014 either.

Got to love some EAST TEXAS football!!!!!!!

You are not also a re-gifter are ya?!? LOL good stuff.

Not crazy at all. Gilmers O can't handle South/SE TX teams that has a good D. Face it Gilmer, your not playing the lil weak links from East Tx and DFW anymore. Game On!! :)

Lil weak links from east tx and DFW? This is quite possibly the most humurous quote I've ever read on this site. Are you serious bro?? When was the last time a team from setx won a state title? Hold on I'll answer that...Newton in '05. When was the last time a team from east Texas/dfw won a state title? Too many to count homie

People talking down on Newton don't know Newton. They breed them different over there. Always athletic and always competitive and it's no mistake that they are playing for the 3A title.

If they were bred that different this wouldn't be the first time they've played for the title in 10 years

I think this game will pose a good challenge for the Buckeyes. Should Gilmer win? Yes. Are they the better team? Yes. But the same Gilmer Buckyes that showed up last week against Celina needs to show up one final time to make 8 stand 4ever. Scary thing is, this team is "Peaking" and still has not played their best game in my view. I really think they will let it all hang out Friday against a team that is certainly more athletically gifted than Celina, but I honestly don't think it will matter if the BUX show up and play their best.

This all comes down to staying focused, taking care of the football, being the most PHYSICAL team on the field (code for TACKLING well) and executing on offense. This is by far and away the biggest game in the biggest stage in WOS history. But it is simply the final verse of a song these Gilmer Seniors have been singing for 4 years now.

Just stay in tune boys, and bring the house down! ST8... for Dez, for G-Town, for ETEX, for your rightful places in Buckeye history, for yourselves, for each other, for ever. Sorry WOS. It really never mattered who the "Other Team" was going to be when this day came. Fact is, this game has been DEZign8ed since the first practice in August. The race is almost over, the line has been drawn. It's time to finish.

Gilmer 56

WOS 29

I think this game will pose a good challenge for the Buckeyes. Should Gilmer win? Yes. Are they the better team? Yes. But the same Gilmer Buckyes that showed up last week against Celina needs to show up one final time to make 8 stand 4ever. Scary thing is, this team is "Peaking" and still has not played their best game in my view. I really think they will let it all hang out Friday against a team that is certainly more athletically gifted than Celina, but I honestly don't think it will matter if the BUX show up and play their best.

This all comes down to staying focused, taking care of the football, being the most PHYSICAL team on the field (code for TACKLING well) and executing on offense. This is by far and away the biggest game in the biggest stage in WOS history. But it is simply the final verse of a song these Gilmer Seniors have been singing for 4 years now.

Just stay in tune boys, and bring the house down! ST8... for Dez, for G-Town, for ETEX, for your rightful places in Buckeye history, for yourselves, for each other, for ever. Sorry WOS. It really never mattered who the "Other Team" was going to be when this day came. Fact is, this game has been DEZign8ed since the first practice in August. The race is almost over, the line has been drawn. It's time to finish.

Gilmer 56

WOS 29

It will not happen!! WOS too much for gilmer! you people haven't seen a defense like you will see this Friday! WOS is going to come out and pop your buck i in the mouth and you can take that to the bank. Gilmer will not score more than 21pts on the Mustangs defense! WOS 31 Buccees 21

Gilmer 56

WOS 29

obit-51171-PHOTO.jpg

Absolutely Agree!....I think the motto of this season, hits home this Friday at noon, in AT&T, and the Gilmer Buckeyes play their best game of the season,, and bring home the title for #8 Dezign8.....

It will not happen!! WOS too much for gilmer! you people haven't seen a defense like you will see this Friday! WOS is going to come out and pop your buck i in the mouth and you can take that to the bank. Gilmer will not score more than 21pts on the Mustangs defense! WOS 31 Buccees 21

Chunk, you are out of your mind.

wos has not seen a offense (maybe ever) like they will face this week.

Chunk, you are out of your mind.

wos has not seen a offense (maybe ever) like they will face this week.

It's Chuk not chunk buzzard! We have faced offenses like Gilmer's before! I doubt Gilmer has faced a team with an offense and defense like they will see Friday. At least you will have a short ride home after the buccee's get dismantled at Jerry's world! It will be early enough for you Gilmer fans to get a slice of humble pie after game to settle that sick feeling in your belly.

It's Chuk not chunk buzzard! We have faced offenses like Gilmer's before! I doubt Gilmer has faced a team with an offense and defense like they will see Friday. At least you will have a short ride home after the buccee's get dismantled at Jerry's world! It will be early enough for you Gilmer fans to get a slice of humble pie after game to settle that sick feeling in your belly.

Chunk, this game, for me, is a win win.

Will not be any sick feelings in my stomach.

Wow! These WO-S fans are a confident bunch! They should be with what they've accomplished this season. I don't have a problem at all with them believing in their team.

WO-S is a VERY good team, and deserves to be where they are. To underestimate them would most definitely be a mistake. I don't think the Buckeyes, knowing what this game means, will do that at all. They will be going over film continuously, and getting coached up all week to prepare for what the Mustangs bring to this game.

A very good week of practice and preparation, and to execute the game plan with very few mistakes will be tantemount to FINISH what they started this season. These young men are playing for a very real purpose, and that reason is not a selfish one.

One for all,

All for 8!

DEZign8!

LOL..Chuk, Eagle has you fooled, he's considered one of the biggest Buckeye haters in NET...funny!