District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

Hughes only has one vote ;) and the Tyler/Longview sports press guys don't really care about the sub-3A schools.

Yeah, what would those guys know about Iron man football, except what they read in history books? About 90% of 2a players don't leave the field till half time, or if they do its just for a play or two. Takes fortitude to play 46 of the 48 minutes in a game.. Js

• Like 1

I'm ready to see the outcome of a couple of early games. It's time to see what stanadard is gonna be set.

Who do y'all have week 1? We have Tenaha, and Shelbyville has Elkhart. I only see one game on Carlisle's non-district that looks like a possible challenge (Timpson), so we won't know how good they really are until they meet y'all in week 2 of district. I'm interested in Alto, Joaquin and SA in week 1.

Who do y'all have week 1? We have Tenaha, and Shelbyville has Elkhart. I only see one game on Carlisle's non-district that looks like a possible challenge (Timpson), so we won't know how good they really are until they meet y'all in week 2 of district. I'm interested in Alto, Joaquin and SA in week 1.

Winona will come to Alto, week one.

Then BS, Garrison, Arp and Rusk. Then week 2 & 3 of district should be a couple of head turners.

Week two might be inneresting in district. As for our nondistrict schedule, well you know, it is what it is. So yall don't beat up on us two bad, we gotta beat Shelbyville and Cushing you know, come on fourth place.. We slow... Slow.

I'm not knocking the schedule. Last year proved beyond any doubt that y'all are a force to be reckoned with. I'm just saying that we won't really know how good y'all really are until you play Alto. Timpson should give you a good look for a half, but those Yellowjackets are your first real test. Judging by the last 5-8 years, Rocky's schedule is working.

Yeah our new quarterback is good, kids gotta cannon for an arm, big dude, bout 6'4"and weighs bout 215-220 ish. His little bro is a beast in the backfield, 6 foot and maybe 200.. Starting qb from last year is a killer receiver and pretty quick. New coaches son is gonna be electric at d end, tall, lanky, and show Nuff got a nose for the counter and reverse plays... Only problem is, yeah, you know, we slow.. Had a couple move ins last year, lineman types, one got a crooked eye and I think a couple assault charges pending, but hey, you gotta have some aggressive linemen.. Hahaha Js. As for our defense, well I'll just say it like this, saw a complete defensive shift in practice tha other day, they all fell down, so it's a work in progress.. But slow, mighty slow. Maybe it all comes together by third or fourth week of district play, we'll see. But on a brighter note, heard a couple of the cheerleaders benched 225 the other day, so our piramids should look decent this year, and if need be they can spot for the guys lifting. Lets see, we slow, weak , and uncoordinated, and yeah everybody graduated last year so that about checks all the boxes so there ya have it Matthias, we gon play with a lot of heart tho. Also heard we gonna have some killer tamales at homecoming this year,so there is that going for us. Heard today that our first scrimmage is against union Hill, they only suiting up six, so maybe they won't won't score too many on us, although I've heard they are pretty quick for six man ballers,so ima little nervous bout the rock setting that one up this early in the season. Js

• Like 1

Winona will come to Alto, week one.

Then BS, Garrison, Arp and Rusk. Then week 2 & 3 of district should be a couple of head turners.

So you're conceding the loss to us in Week 1 of district? I mean, I know we layed the SMACKDOWN on you last year, but I never thought you'd give up before the season starts. Times are definitely changing.