District 11-2A (D-I) Football

upullinmychain

Roll call: give us your first and second week scrimmage schedules, and The Who/ what/ where of your week 1 opponent.

Joaquin will host Logansport in a scrimmage on the 18th. On the 25th, we travel to Harleton to scrimmage them and Winona. Season opener is at The Pit against Tenaha. A Class A Louisiana State Champion, a Texas 3A 3rd round playoff team, and a 2A regional finalist in 3 weeks.

Roll call: give us your first and second week scrimmage schedules, and The Who/ what/ where of your week 1 opponent.

Joaquin will host Logansport in a scrimmage on the 18th. On the 25th, we travel to Harleton to scrimmage them and Winona. Season opener is at The Pit against Tenaha. A Class A Louisiana State Champion, a Texas 3A 3rd round playoff team, and a 2A regional finalist in 3 weeks.

Read a lot of descriptions of The Pit's visitor side. Best one was bad lol. Hopefully the officiating will be good. Think the speed in Joaquin's backfield will give the Tigers trouble. I think the Rams keep it close.

Read a lot of descriptions of The Pit's visitor side. Best one was bad lol. Hopefully the officiating will be good. Think the speed in Joaquin's backfield will give the Tigers trouble. I think the Rams keep it close.

The last two have been very close. Joaquin won a shootout in '15, and Tenaha took a defensive win last year. A lot of the same players on the field for their final season this year, for both teams.
  • Like 1

We just had 2 more move in's... a cb and lb

Sure they didn't mean to move to Evadale? We have an old mid-wife that lives here who can kill the olfactory systems so they won't smell the paper mill. Recently had a big company move in (Dollar General), so employment is up. Great night life for our youths - very few sightings of Game Wardens, & the D. General sells powerful lights that'll stop a deer dead in its tracks at night for that easy shot. In the last year, two new families moved in, and only one left, so population is growing by leaps & bounds. G'daughter grad in 2016, with 26 in her class, so good chance of making valedictorian, but if not, being in the top 30 is almost a lock. :rofl:

New slogan here - Be somebody, move to Evadale.

• Like 1

Was told around 60ish, But that's unconfirmed at this point. Haven't been over there to see for myself. Been down in Tenaha all week working.If anybody is wondering, the visitors side of the pit, well it ain't changed any, them bleachers look hard .... Hahaha

Aluminum bleachers are always hard. My problem with them is there ain't near enough of 'em, and half of them are below field level. Other than that, they're great.

Yes sir, they own acarage across from school and have plans for a complex in the future..

The House that ROCK built? Seriously, when they build a new stadium, it should have his name on it. He turned a perennial doormat into one of the most consistently good programs in East Texas.

LOL, suuuurrrrrre. And lemme guess: every single player on last year's team graduated too, right? :lol:

The media might fall for that #### but ain't nobody else fooled. Carlisle ain't sneakin' up on anybody.

Nawl, head bb coach is receiver's coach, told them not to take off from line too fast, didn't want em to pull a hammy and miss any basketball season.. Hahaha

• Like 1

Jacket is it true your getting the QB from Elkhart?

Kid from Elkhart looks pretty stout from what I've seen. Playing ILB ( think he played that at Elkhart and was pretty good ) and looks like on O' will play some HB/FB and some WR. Thacker is on D' this year at DE/OLB and been moved to RB, he's north of 250 lbs.

Kid from Elkhart looks pretty stout from what I've seen. Playing ILB ( think he played that at Elkhart and was pretty good ) and looks like on O' will play some HB/FB and some WR. Thacker is on D' this year at DE/OLB and been moved to RB, he's north of 250 lbs.

Thought that's where Thacker should have been all along, that's a load to bring down wit a 3 yard running start and lower to the ground, short yardage downs, he gonna be hard to stop.. Drive sustainer, keeps defense a little fresher, keeps spread offenses on the sidelines more... Js

I see the AP Poll is not giving Carlisle any respect again this year.

High school football polls are a joke, especially at our level. They do their rankings based strictly on reputation. That's why I pay them no attention whatsoever. If we had a screwy system like Louisiana does, where rankings matter at playoff time, I would probably care. But here in Texas, it's settled on the field, where it should be. I haven't looked at a poll in five years.