San Augustine vs. Overton

SAWolfman

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

It was originally homecoming when they had Colmesneil scheduled before they decided to bail on the second year of the playing commitment...school saw no need to change since it was on schedule that went out to everybody.

Maybe you should bring your JV and get them some Friday night playing time.

Now see why the Overton coach was applying for other jobs

oh, it's so easy to criticize and be a troll...who can really fault a young man with two small children for putting in for better paying jobs, I guess you can because you are so much better than everyone else...when he was applying there were projected to be 8 offensive and 8 defensive starters returning, so he wasn't exactly leaving the cupboard bare...he had no idea that two all-district upper classmen (Jr and Sr) lineman would decide to not play and would have to now replace three all-district linemen instead of one...and another would be changing schools due to parental issues...and that he would have to dismiss another two-way all-district returner who had multiple disciplinary infractions, that took fortitude when that player was the fastest player on the team...

Yeah, go ahead and continue to criticize...oh, by the way, would you like some stones to throw since you are perfect?

• Like 1

I will say this. The FEW that we have that aren't afraid to make contact, or to play hard will give SA some resistance, and will do so for four quarters. The others...Nah. Pretty much 11 against 5-6 every down. I haven't seen kids so afraid to make contact on the defensive side of the ball since little league football. I truly believe some of them are actually scared. I understand that if this year was going as planned, most of these kids would be backups, or even JV kids. This is the chance you've been waiting for. A chance to get out there and prove something. Sometimes a little effort results into an outcome that can be a great confidence builder.

• Like 2

I will say this. The FEW that we have that aren't afraid to make contact, or to play hard will give SA some resistance, and will do so for four quarters. The others...Nah. Pretty much 11 against 5-6 every down. I haven't seen kids so afraid to make contact on the defensive side of the ball since little league football. I truly believe some of them are actually scared. I understand that if this year was going as planned, most of these kids would be backups, or even JV kids. This is the chance you've been waiting for. A chance to get out there and prove something. Sometimes a little effort results into an outcome that can be a great confidence builder.

Mania is correct in his analysis...they have too many who are first year starters who haven't gotten there yet...their football IQ is lacking...and if they could just understand effort equates to results...there are like 18/19 players with 2 years or less high school football experience out of 31 left on the squad...there about 52 quality athletes in Overton that could be playing and that would enable them to have a JV...but many want to be one sport kids.