Sooners 2018 Thread

Mr. P

On 9/22/2018 at 7:28 PM, AKA said:

OU will never have a legit chance at winning a national title while Mike Stoops is on the payroll. 

#### you Mike Stoops.

On 9/22/2018 at 8:13 PM, AKA said:

Perhaps after we get the #### kicked out of us by a few more offenses Riley will have the leverage to fire him next season.

It's just a shame that it's gonna take us playing in the Alamo Bowl this season in order to make that happen. 

On 9/26/2018 at 9:05 AM, AKA said:

That was a consistent pattern last year and it continues this season: some random backup underclassman comes in and plays his Best Game Ever™ against OU's defense. 

I'm over it. I've made plans for this weekend that don't involve watching football on TV, and I've already set up a camping trip for RRS weekend. 

Tired of having to accept mediocrity. It's not my values. I don't tolerate mediocrity anywhere in my lifestyle. 

Mike Stoops may be good enough for the OU leadership, but he's not good enough for me. 

On 9/22/2018 at 9:37 PM, AKA said:

College football passed Mike Stoops by ten years ago. He's propped up and enabled because of his family connection. If he was Mike Smith or Mike Jones he never would've been hired back after s###ing his pants in Arizona. 

So long as he is the DC, the Sooners will remain "Choke-lahoma." 

On 10/4/2018 at 8:53 AM, AKA said:

This is the most galling thing about this team and this game: it. should. not. be. close. 

But it will be. Much closer than in needs to be. Hell, we might even lose the damn game. 

Those are facts that I simply cannot wrap my head around.

I can't think of a single coach in the modern era who has so consistently done less with more than Mike Stoops. 

I've got nothing to add. I've said my piece. 

I will not intentionally watch another OU game until he is gone. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, AKA said:

I've got nothing to add. I've said my piece. 

I will not intentionally watch another OU game until he is gone. 

I’ve already made plans to make a trip to Norman this year. I’m not going to cancel those, but I’m with you. 

It’s just insanity.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Valhalla said:

I’ve already made plans to make a trip to Norman this year. I’m not going to cancel those, but I’m with you. 

It’s just insanity.

I try to make a couple game each year, but not this year.  :( 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I said McNeal was an insurance policy for when he had to fire Stoops.  I bet he’s named interim DC and wouldn’t be shocked if later he’s named permanent replacement 

Dear lord, I hope not. We don't need more nepotism.

Ruffin gave Riley his start. I hope he doesn't stick around if we continue to s u c k. 

But for now, I'd take any improvement on defense.

Like opposing teams only converting 75 percent of their 3rd downs instead of 100 percent. 

Do you think OU's lack of defense was due to Stoops' scheme or lack of development? Or both? 

IMO, Stoops is awful. But even watching the defensive players they looked bad at the fundamentals. All Ehlinger had to do was run and make a simple cut and he would get an extra 5 yards. I mean 0-20 in the redzone? I know that's a lot on coaching, but it's a lot on the players too. 

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Dear lord, I hope not. We don't need more nepotism.

Ruffin gave Riley his start. I hope he doesn't stick around if we continue to s u c k. 

But for now, I'd take any improvement on defense.

Like opposing teams only converting 75 percent of their 3rd downs instead of 100 percent. 

Prepare yourself!!!!  I’ll bet Ruffin is the man

ill tell you my opinion on the Sooners.  They’re soft and not very physical.  Until the HC decides to make his team more physical, changing DC won’t matter.  Texas ran through arm tackles multiple times.  Your little bitty db’s got outplayed by bigger stronger receivers.  They got punished after catches and pushed around. Can acdifferent scheme help?  Sure, but the whining defensive players will still have to fire off the ball, wrap up, tackle, not get whipped, cover we’ll, etc,,,,  this has been the case for OU for about 5-6 years now.  Texas has been more physical for a while, just offensively inept.    Texas won because they were more physical and didn’t turn the ball over

36 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Do you think OU's lack of defense was due to Stoops' scheme or lack of development? Or both? 

IMO, Stoops is awful. But even watching the defensive players they looked bad at the fundamentals. All Ehlinger had to do was run and make a simple cut and he would get an extra 5 yards. I mean 0-20 in the redzone? I know that's a lot on coaching, but it's a lot on the players too. 

More on players in this case

• Mr. P locked this topic