Will Carthage Be Able to Play Crosby ?

Hagar

I hope the game chat on the Friday app comes back up. There's a Crosby poster I gotta punk. He was saying how tired Carthage would be in the 4th due to enrollment difference and that both Carthage QBs looked horrible in 7 on 7 so it wouldn't be close. Yeah......I got something for that guy lol. If I can remember his name lol. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Heart of a champion was what we witnessed to night. 
All those O linemen and running back missing. Wow my hat is off to the young guys starting their first varsity game. They will be a force on that O line for the next two years. They had to start against a very good 5A defense. 
Cuff was as cool under pressure as any QB I have ever seen. 
Put Rock in the back field with his blazing speed and knowing he could pull up and throw. How in the world do you defend that. What a ball game. 
The Dawg D is bad to the bone. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

21 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I hope the game chat on the Friday app comes back up. There's a Crosby poster I gotta punk. He was saying how tired Carthage would be in the 4th due to enrollment difference and that both Carthage QBs looked horrible in 7 on 7 so it wouldn't be close. Yeah......I got something for that guy lol. If I can remember his name lol. 

If you watched the same game I did you saw the Dawgs getting better at the end.  They rose to the occasion.  Give him hell!  Lol!

Just now, DAWG91 said:

If you watched the same game I did you saw the Dawgs getting better at the end.  They rose to the occasion.  Give him hell!  Lol!

Definitely. Also watched a QB come into his own. Kid stared into the face of pressure time and time again and never folded. He looked good. Made some great throws. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, house said:

the way this game played out, i'm looking at 5-a a little differently now.  partly because i think crosby is really a pretty good 5-a team.   

They are a VERY good team.  They just ran into a defense tonight that just doesn't let people move the ball.  Some plays here and there but they just won't allow for any consistency.  Special group no doubt.  And hat's off to all those guys on offense playing tonight.  By the end,  they looked like Dawgs!

• Thanks 1

Carthage will be a different team next week.........Might be more players missing, might have everyone playing..........Who knows.....................But I have a good feeling, the San Antonio school will be every bit as good as Crosby and probably better...............The Dawg players will probably see the hardest practices they have seen so far on Monday and Tuesday.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lambo50 said:

Also... I just wanna say I work with 95% of these kids family members and they all went to Carthage. Idk where the recruiting rumors come from.

We used to get the same thing back in 05-07. When you win, people gonna hate. 

3 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

We used to get the same thing back in 05-07. When you win, people gonna hate. 

I remember those days when people said that about Tatum! And have heard the same thing for Gilmer, PG, Carthage and several others over the years.  

The one thing all those schools had in common when people talked that mess... SUCCESS

3 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I remember those days when people said that about Tatum! And have heard the same thing for Gilmer, PG, Carthage and several others over the years.  

The one thing all those schools had in common when people talked that mess... SUCCESS

Nobody ever accuses SH of recruiting.  🤠

• LOL! 2

One thing the Crosby folks learned last night - if you’re successful in the first half against Carthage, at halftime change everything you’re doing.  We all hear about adjustments at halftime.  Imo, most Coaches/Staffs aren’t capable of doing it.  Surratt & his Staff not only do it, but do it very, very well.  Perhaps the best I’ve ever seen.

Congrats to both programs for an absolutely great opening night football game.  If that game didn’t have you on the edge of your seat, you don’t like HS Football.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

One thing the Crosby folks learned last night - if you’re successful in the first half against Carthage, at halftime change everything you’re doing.  We all hear at about adjustments at halftime.  Imo, most Coaches/Staffs aren’t capable of doing it.  Surratt & his Staff not only do it, but do it very, very well.  Perhaps the best I’ve ever seen.

Congrats to both programs for an absolutely great opening night football game.  If that game didn’t have you on the edge of your seat, you don’t like HS Football.

If you don't win the first half by 30 points against Surratt and Preston, you are in trouble.  Because the halftime adjustments these guys make is unreal.  

• Like 1