Where does Jeff Traylor go next?

Mr. P

If it was me, I had to choose between Baylor and FSU I’d be sic’ing them the Bears. I don’t think I’d touch FSU unless it was for a paycheck. There were behind the scenes stuff, not on the field, that had Jimbo looking for greener pastures.

Baylor likes their high school football coaches. Traylor could be what Briles appeared to be headed for. Top tier Big 12 program. Big bowl every year. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Stoney said:

If it was me, I had to choose between Baylor and FSU I’d be sic’ing them the Bears. I don’t think I’d touch FSU unless it was for a paycheck. There were behind the scenes stuff, not on the field, that had Jimbo looking for greener pastures.

Baylor likes their high school football coaches. Traylor could be what Briles appeared to be headed for. Top tier Big 12 program. Big bowl every year. 

Agreed, and there's every indication that it's resume poison for any coach with ambitions for being a "program savior." 

Just now, LOL said:

Agreed, and there's every indication that it's resume poison for any coach with ambitions for being a "program savior." 

It’s weird seeing the blue blood programs of the 90s just fade into mediocrity. Michigan. Nebraska. FSU. Who else?

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Miami, is one that I always think about. 

Dude, yes! I was a childhood 'Canes fan, and it just bewilders me how they've let that program almost completely fall away since the late '00s. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LOL said:

You bring up another important point: would the TCU leadership force Patterson aside? And if so, how long will it take? And will Traylor wait long enough for that to happen? 

Does he go back to San Antonio and hope the TCU regents are willing to boot a guy who's smiling face is immortalized in bronze on their campus? Probably not...  not unless the Frogs a well below .500 and miss a bowl. Not impossible...  but somewhat unlikely. 

I think that Patterson's started to fall apart a bit...getting the "old man" syndrome (fussing about anything and everything - throwing out racist things that will greatly effect recruiting and making the craziest excuses for bad losses).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

He would have to be in the Coastal Carolina/Cincinnati talk of crashing the NY6 and get snubbed IMO for the bigger jobs...  But, just thinking out loud here...  what about Florida State?  That job is not attractive like it used to be and could easily be a decent landing spot if that admin chooses to go the route of Arkansas and hire a winner instead of a "big name".

FSU has already picked their next head coach--a former student and player--Neon Deion.

And besides, FSU has already went down and picked up a "hot" coach from the lower group--the current one. And he is doing an awesome job right now. So I don't expect them to be going after another --lower tier coach anytime soon. And while Deion is at a lower school right now, his star if very prevalent around the country, FSU, and a Florida Boy. Giving him the ability to recruit in the 2nd best state for find football players. Plus, having coached in Texas--at the high school level--gives him another step up in the GREATEST RCRUITING AREA IN THE COUNTRY--TEXAS!!!!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

FSU has already picked their next head coach--a former student and player--Neon Deion.

And besides, FSU has already went down and picked up a "hot" coach from the lower group--the current one. And he is doing an awesome job right now. So I don't expect them to be going after another --lower tier coach anytime soon. And while Deion is at a lower school right now, his star if very prevalent around the country, FSU, and a Florida Boy. Giving him the ability to recruit in the 2nd best state for find football players. Plus, having coached in Texas--at the high school level--gives him another step up in the GREATEST RCRUITING AREA IN THE COUNTRY--TEXAS!!!!!!

Deion at FSU... That's perfect.  Did you also see that he has like the 35th or something recruiting class in the nation... and that is at a FCS HBCU.  That's amazing.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Deion at FSU... That's perfect.  Did you also see that he has like the 35th or something recruiting class in the nation... and that is at a FCS HBCU.  That's amazing.

My wife is an FSU grad, and she already has said "yes" to that pick as coach. She knows that he will recruit--and recruit well. All he has to do is put together a great set of coaches and he could win there. 

37 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

All he has to do is put together a great set of coaches and he could win there. 

This is key. Deion may be an all-time great at CB, but that don't necessarily translate to the X's and O's. Dude needs to be the charismatic "CEO" and vocal leader, but hire quality coordinators to execute the gameplan. 

5 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

Houston- 3-1 with a loss to Texas Tech... which would suggest to me that they aren't that wonderful right now... last "major" bowl was 2015 Peach Bowl.

Texas Tech- currently 3-1...  last conference championship 1994.  Last "major" bowl 2009 Cotton Bowl (non-BCS)

TCU- currently 2-1... last conference championship 2014 (T-w/Baylor).  Last "major" bowl 2014 Peach Bowl...

COMPARED WITH BAYLOR (My top choice over these)

currently 4-0

currently ranked (24th)

Last conference championship 2014 (T-TCU)

Last "Major" Bowl 2019

I'd say right now, Baylor is the place to be.

I see Baylor as a flash in the pan success program  .... not sure they get back to the Briles era football program anytime soon ... I  just think both TCU and Houston are higher caliber programs ... yeah they are 4-0 right now but I don’t see them duplicating the Briles era success  ...

• Thumbs Down 1

7 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I see Baylor as a flash in the pan success program  .... not sure they get back to the Briles era football program anytime soon ... I  just think both TCU and Houston are higher caliber programs ... yeah they are 4-0 right now but I don’t see them duplicating the Briles era success  ...

Baylor Since 2011

8 Bowls, 5 wins, 2 NY6 Bowls, last appearance in a bowl 2019

TCU Since 2011

7 Bowls, 5 wins, 1 NY6 Bowls, last appearance in bowl 2018

Texas Tech Since 2011

5 Bowls, 3 wins, 0 NY6 Bowls, last appearance in bowl 2017

----------------------------------------------------------------------

You guys should know better than to keep throwing :poop: and hoping that it sticks to the wall when going against me :D  Come with facts... I encourage it.

• LOL! 2

1 hour ago, LOL said:

This is key. Deion may be an all-time great at CB, but that don't necessarily translate to the X's and O's. Dude needs to be the charismatic "CEO" and vocal leader, but hire quality coordinators to execute the gameplan. 

Man I was wrong about Herm Edwards going to ASU but he did the CEO hire pretty well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LOL said:

I think that is what he is doing at his school right now. 

If you can get the best athletes, even a 1/2 decent coordinator can win with that. And right now, they need just a win at FSU--but I don't see it happening anytime soon. 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:59 PM, DannyZuco said:

AFLAC!

On 9/30/2021 at 9:20 AM, Stoney said:

That’s Coach Prime Time next job at FSU!

On 9/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, Stoney said:

What’s the best job in Texas behind A&M and UT? With OU/UT bouncing for the SEC, you might wanna look at those Big 12 programs. Tell the big wigs “look, my main competition will be gone in 2-3 years.” Sell them on giving you those years to build your program, then take over the power gap left by the big dogs. 

1A Houston

1B Baylor

3 Texas Tech

Of those 3 I think Traylor would do better at Baylor, but Aramda won’t be gone.  I wouldn’t touch Tech, it’s too far from DFW and East Texas to recruit good athletes in droves.  I think he should sit tight for a few years and wait on aTm to open up.  If fisher isn’t canned in 5 years LSU may be 

• Like 1

On 9/30/2021 at 8:27 AM, MavGrad99 said:

He would have to be in the Coastal Carolina/Cincinnati talk of crashing the NY6 and get snubbed IMO for the bigger jobs...  But, just thinking out loud here...  what about Florida State?  That job is not attractive like it used to be and could easily be a decent landing spot if that admin chooses to go the route of Arkansas and hire a winner instead of a "big name".

Fisher absolutely ran FSU in the ground.  I liked the Memphis guy, but the cupboard was completely void of talent when he took over.  I think he’s given another year or two before FSU enters the coaching searches again

On 9/30/2021 at 9:20 AM, Stoney said:

Fisher and his agent was the problem at FSU.  Fisher tried to roll every big opening into an extension and raise. Hell he did it before a game was played at aTm this year