STATE SEMIFINAL: Daingerfield vs Tidehaven Thursday 7 PM @ Randall Reed Stadium in New Caney

TigerBlue09

Daingerfield vs. Tidehaven   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

I was more shocked with the defense. I did not see all of the game, but saw most of it. From what I remember, 90% of Tide’s plays were the same 4 over and over.

That's all it took. That is the worse I've seen this team play all year and that's not a exaggeration.  

Edited by KrookedWolfe

Game shouldn't have went to OT. Dfield coach let 36 seconds run off then calls time out with 2 sec left. They could've got in field goal range with 36 seconds. Not using the receivers 8 . Just all around flat. No fire or desire is what I saw from my chair. Good season . Could've been better. 

• Like 2

On 12/5/2023 at 4:58 PM, MUSTANGS07 said:

Yeah sorry man you’re way wrong . Honestly at this point numbers don’t matter. It’s about matchups . What a team does good compared to what the other don’t . Tidehaven level of competition is so bad. I been keeping up with dfield this playoffs, this game won’t be close . You put Tidehaven in Region 3 they would be out the playoffs. It’s 3-4 teams better than Tidehaven in region 3. Dfield speed and size will kill them. Tigers beat newton by 21 and Newton is better than Tidehaven. I’m going Dfield by 28+

get back in ya stall Marty,,,,lol

Just typical Dangerfield. Gunna win every pregame but get hit in the mouth & it’s different. Their “speed” was eliminated by alignment, hustle & discipline. Way too many coaching mistakes: milking the clock before the half, Hamptons offensive facemask, the QB being comfortable taking 3 yard sacks instead of throwing it away. 

• Like 2

Tidehaven deserved to win.  Their gameplan hurry up offense tired out the D'field defense by the fourth quarter 

it took it's toll.  D'field had a great chance after the Tidehaven TD to tie by running kickoff back to Tidehaven 45

with 2 minutes left and 2 timeouts but for whatever reason D'field let so much time run off the clock and never

getting the ball to their best receiver the entire time. Best team and coaching staff won, maybe D'field learns

something from this loss.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

I'm proud of The Daingerfield Tigers for all they accomplished this season. A lot of the responses and comments from many we're out of frustration because we all know what they were capable of and it's really easy to point the finger. This team did a lot for the community. Continued support from KrookedWolfe.  GO BLUE,  TIGER PRIDE 🐅 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hwy35tigers said:

Great game to watch. Daingerfield you have some great players and I'm sure great kids. As a Tidehaven fan, I came earlier this week to talk football, but after all the stuff that was being said. I decide not to get involved. The level of disrespect shown the Tidehaven Tigers went beyond typical fan banter. Most of the fans and students at Tidehaven probably do not even know Smoaky.com even exists. Which is probably good. Good luck next year. I cant lie and not say the results brought a smile to my face.

Sadly the Edna Cowboys got manhandled by Franklin. I suspect many were dealing with the emotion that came with the murder of a fellow student and cheerleader.

As it should make you smile, Region IV has owned this half of the bracket for the last 4 seasons, nobody should be overlooked. Good luck next week! 

Frustrating end for sure, but definitely nothing to hang your head on. Few miscues, play here or there and it's a slightly different ballgame. Through regulation, if you were to tell ANYONE that we'd only given up 14pts, EVERYONE including Helen Keller would have said it would have been a Daingerfield Victory and I'd venture to say we'd win this game 9/10 times, with that sole loss being last night. Was hoping for DF-Gunter/Canadian cause I don't really wanna see GT/C roll Tidehaven by 30 but I guess that's what we get.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

Frustrating end for sure, but definitely nothing to hang your head on. Few miscues, play here or there and it's a slightly different ballgame. Through regulation, if you were to tell ANYONE that we'd only given up 14pts, EVERYONE including Helen Keller would have said it would have been a Daingerfield Victory and I'd venture to say we'd win this game 9/10 times, with that sole loss being last night. Was hoping for DF-Gunter/Canadian cause I don't really wanna see GT/C roll Tidehaven by 30 but I guess that's what we get.

For many years if you look back through or if you know Tiger history you will see that each team with the exception of a few lost the next game after beating the Tigers. Melissa in 2011 and Newton in 2018 went on to win State. Southlake Carroll went on to win State in 1987 and Jefferson in 86. So I was wrong. 

Edited by KrookedWolfe