Tyler John Tyler in 14- 4A

eagles66

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Whitehouse having spring ball? I heard from another website they weren't and was just going to do after school and in-school workouts.

If that means they can start earlier in the fall, then I'm all for it. Maybe they are going to change some other things too. Like hitting.

D-1 Talent? Besides Trey? Who? Where? Man I hope you are right. Otherwise, how is the "Whitehouse Dynasty" gonna keep on rolling?

Hey GB, do you know who wolfpack is referring to as D-1 talent? They still hiding kids from those infamous 8th and 9th grade teams? WH will do good just to have a winning record and possibly snag a 3rd or 4th place in district. This could be a very very competitive district, a few good or bad breaks may make the difference between 1st and 5th. I expect "Logjam city" on that last week of district play.

I don't know about any D1 talent other than Metoyer but they do have a lot of excellent team players that, if they gel, could cause some trouble in the district. I don't know of any other team in the new 14-4A that claim anything more than Whitehouse is coming with and that is potential. I completely agree, this could be logjam city at he end of district play. I don't think WH will be "scared" of playing JT at all and I certainly don't think they will go into district play without confidence that they can win. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the WH defense is gonna surprise some folks and actually win a game or two this year. I just have a feeling. If that happens, look out.

If that means they can start earlier in the fall, then I'm all for it. Maybe they are going to change some other things too. Like hitting.

Yeah..but with Spring ball..you get WEEKS to sort out the question marks on your team..you also get an annual scrimmage to end spring ball.

Starting early in the Fall is good..but its only a week.

I don't know about any D1 talent other than Metoyer but they do have a lot of excellent team players that, if they gel, could cause some trouble in the district. I don't know of any other team in the new 14-4A that claim anything more than Whitehouse is coming with and that is potential. I completely agree, this could be logjam city at he end of district play. I don't think WH will be "scared" of playing JT at all and I certainly don't think they will go into district play without confidence that they can win. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the WH defense is gonna surprise some folks and actually win a game or two this year. I just have a feeling. If that happens, look out.

Quincy Aldridge for one. He will be a better college player than Metoyer. Scouts want to see him at camps to make sure he is 100% healthy and then his offers will blow up. That is pretty well known in the recruiting circles.

I don't think WH will be "scared" of playing JT at all and I certainly don't think they will go into district play without confidence that they can win. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the WH defense is gonna surprise some folks and actually win a game or two this year. I just have a feeling. If that happens, look out.

I don't thing they were scared to play LV. Just over matched. If they change their practice habits they could be pretty good most seasons. The way they have done things in the past has limited success. If they want more they will have to do more.

I once wondered about Rush early on, because the program was down, numbers were down, and so on. But he made a believer out of me when he is given the tools, everybody else has to work with. He knows what to do with it. What really impressed me is his willingness to adjust to the kids he has. He's not a this guy or a that guy, he will take roll every week and line up with what he has from wherever has has to get it from, and run whatever offense and defense that puts his size and speed to their best advantage on any given week. He had to grow up fast playing in 5A with a 3A ball club early on, but he took his lumps and kept working. He has put interest back in the program, and now has a little better numbers, and just needs some more time to put his stamp on the program. As bad as I hated to lose JT to 4A, I think it is the best thing that could have happened to them. They have done more with less than ANY school I know of in the past 10 years. I know they will represent well in 4A.

The success Rush has has was 95% because of Sam Parker at OC. We will see if Sam's replacement keeps the same offense( I am sure they will) but that doesn't always work out as the playcaller goes on his instincts and either you have it or not. Just one of 1,000 examples. When June Jones left Hawaii, they kept the same O and we see how that turned out.. Sam's offenses carried JT and we will see how he does after the next few years. He did catch a break in moving back to 4A so his tumble should not be as dramatic as it would have been if they would have stayed in 5A and delt with the loss of Parker.

People will scream, but the proof is in the record.

Quincy Aldridge for one. He will be a better college player than Metoyer. Scouts want to see him at camps to make sure he is 100% healthy and then his offers will blow up. That is pretty well known in the recruiting circles.

He is good. Hope things work out for him along the lines you are saying. But even when WH has had their better teams, the talent is in the skill postions. In general the line play on both sides of the ball has been mediocre if not outright bad.

Then the skill players can't get loose. And the good safety's and corners they have had get tired making tackles 25-30 yards down field by the third quarter.

Do we have your permission to claim "dyanasty" over Marshall if we beat you one more time, this time in 2010?

2004- Marshall wins 42-7 (35 point win)

2005- Marshall wins 39-0 (39 point win)

2006- WH wins 35-34 (1 point win)

2007- WH wins 27-23 (4 point win)

If that meets anyone's definition of a "Dynasty over another" (by either) then by all means.....call it as you see it.

and to the post that stated that Mav fans are complaining about being picked as #3 or #4 in the district, I want to see what post complains about where Marshall is being picked.

Most of this thread has centered on two things:

1. Why is JT assumed to take #1 when there are multiple schools with more kids coming back than JT.

2. Why Longview is or is not a Powerhouse 5A team.

I cant find one post that has a Mav fan complaining about their placement by the predictions. And Mav fans haven't been the only ones questioning the reasons why some have picked JT on top given the numbers that have been shared.

I have no problem with Marshall being picked 3rd or 4th. Dave picked us 4th last year, but that didn't keep us from getting second. I would rather be picked low and surprise some teams than picked high and have to deal with a bulls eye every week.

The success Rush has has was 95% because of Sam Parker at OC. We will see if Sam's replacement keeps the same offense( I am sure they will) but that doesn't always work out as the playcaller goes on his instincts and either you have it or not. Just one of 1,000 examples. When June Jones left Hawaii, they kept the same O and we see how that turned out.. Sam's offenses carried JT and we will see how he does after the next few years. He did catch a break in moving back to 4A so his tumble should not be as dramatic as it would have been if they would have stayed in 5A and delt with the loss of Parker.

You are right that Parker's scheme was a HUGE help to JT but you are DEAD wrong if you think it was him alone that was the reason JT won. JT's TALENT running his scheme was what help JT win. Any coach will tell you no matter how good of coach you are you still have to have the players to EXECUTE the scheme. Trust me I know alot of other teams who run the same scheme as JT with varying degrees of success. Parker was a good fit for JT no question at all, but he is no new football GENIUS or guru by no means of the imagination. I don't know where got that #### from.

I have no problem with Marshall being picked 3rd or 4th. Dave picked us 4th last year, but that didn't keep us from getting second. I would rather be picked low and surprise some teams than picked high and have to deal with a bulls eye every week.

You are right. Who cares where you are picked? All that matters is what you do on the field. Two years in a row Dave Campbell's mag has picked WH as a 4A "darkhorse" to make some noise in the playoffs. I think they had them winning district the last two years too and none of that came to pass.

Anybody dismissing Marshall's chances is a dope.

He definitely has the tools. Just need the consistency and the drive. If that comes, I agree, he'll get some looks but probably a DII player.

If that meets anyone's definition of a "Dynasty over another" (by either) then by all means.....call it as you see it.

and to the post that stated that Mav fans are complaining about being picked as #3 or #4 in the district, I want to see what post complains about where Marshall is being picked.

Most of this thread has centered on two things:

1. Why is JT assumed to take #1 when there are multiple schools with more kids coming back than JT.

2. Why Longview is or is not a Powerhouse 5A team.

I cant find one post that has a Mav fan complaining about their placement by the predictions. And Mav fans haven't been the only ones questioning the reasons why some have picked JT on top given the numbers that have been shared.

Mavchamp, you're too touchy lately. Lighten up. If WH wins this year we'll call it mini dynasty. Is that ok?

GB is just having fun. Marshall just happens to be the only good team that WH has a winning streak ( 2 games!) against.

Those two games 2006 & 2007 were great.

He definitely has the tools. Just need the consistency and the drive. If that comes, I agree, he'll get some looks but probably a DII player.

Wait till you guys see the Shelton kid from Whitehouse. He has worked harder then Trey or Quincey this offseason. Knee injury from the Distract Track meet last year hurt his season last year. But the kid is easily top 3 athlete at any school in the district (maybe even JT). If he stays healthy, most r gonna wonder where this kid came from. He is the best tackler on the team. Anybody who watches W'house football knows he can lay the wood. He is a Corner that easily Benches 3 + and probably squats 4 +. Don't know for sure but this is just what I've been told. I have however, seen him working out. I think he was #2 last year. Anybody know what Im talking about with this kid.

-out

Mavchamp, you're too touchy lately. Lighten up. If WH wins this year we'll call it mini dynasty. Is that ok?

Whose being touchy?

I've been a part of this thread since the get-go.

You didn't really join in until someone said something about WH you didn't like.

And you can call anything WH does a dynasty. Whatever helps you sleep at night. But I do want to move to that area. Apparently there is something good in the water!

Sure the record speaks but the numbers tell the story. JT totaled over 6100 yards of offense with Johnson accounting for 3750 yards both passing and running. Of the 579 points JT put on the board, Johnson had a hand or foot in 240. Percentage wise Johnson's exerience and athleticism accounted for 62% of the yardage and 42% of the points offensively. Not knocking Parker but JT's offensive play calling wasn't rocket science, "Toka" Johnson was the man. Unfortunately, he and Parker are both G-O-N-E.

Seniors was the 95% you are talking about, along with Sam. Rush has brought back a toughness on both sides of the ball. I like his style. Never say die.

[/

I don't think he is touchy.... Besides Longview Marshall was the best team in that district and ignorant people who should have been 5a to begin with are going to dog on them. I think e white house Marshall game is going to be a 3 way tie breaker for 1st with jt in the mix.

First of all, Brooks didn't leave JT in bad shape. JT graduated key positions from that 2005 team that played for an outright district championship then the 2006 team that made the playoffs also graduated key positions. So, graduation had the most to do with the 1-9 record, not Brooks. Secondly, JT as a program has NEVER experienced the same success like the programs you mentioned. So to imply the JT football program is anywhere near ELITE is a BIG stretch. JT has a champion type team every blue moon and even during Wilson's era the program wasn't considered as ELITE. Finally, I agree, 2010 should fare better than 2007 but I imagine the 10 teams JT has on the schedule also expect to win. Like you said, JT will be prepared which is a credit to the coaching staff. I the same breathe, how fast 2010 matures as a team will definitely be the difference between winning and finishing.

I beg to differ with you on JT not being ELITE during the Wilson Yrs,Especially from 94-2000.They won state in 94,made it to the 5th round in 97,and state runner up in 2000.They also made it to at least the 3rd round of playoffs in 95,96,97,2000.And they made the playoffs every yr from 94-2000 in a tough district. Not to mention the winning streak from 94-95 and the countless numbers of weeks in the top 5 of the state.And alot of those weeks were at #1.I think that is pretty elite.