Gilmer Buckeyes vs Celina Bobcats

BadWolf

Gilmer vs Celina  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Pick this battle of behemoths

Im not trying necessarily to take up for Celina, but you do realize Celina has beat more East Texas teams then they have been beaten by them?

As a matter of fact they have already beat 3 East Texas teams in the playoffs this year.

That is true,, and they may win friday night. But like I said earlier,, I'm not thinking Celina is going to waltz into the semi's like "Gilmer Who"???? We'll show up,,, win or lose, we won't quit, and we'll play you hard.

I believe Celina's only win vs Gilmer came last year. At least in recent memory.

If last year's game is any indication, Celina will be bigger than Gilmer, especially on the Offensive and Defensive line. But that has been the case this year for Gilmer against LE, Nac, and Jasper. All 3 of those teams significantly outweighed Gilmer on the lines.

The key question for me from a defensive perspective is can Celina pass effectively. Gilmer routinely beats running teams by loading the box and gang tackling. They did it with Jasper and Gladewater just the way you would draw it up. However, they couldn't do it to Carthage, because as soon as Gilmer would load the box, Carthage would beat them with the pass.

I think Gilmer can win this game. Offensively, if they play without a lot of mistakes, they can take the early lead and put pressure on Celina to play from behind. Then their defense can become disruptive and force turnovers and turn Celina over on downs. If they play without mistakes.

I thought WOS fans had their own thread so they wouldn't have to troll on others. Say what you want about last year's SC game, but it might have been a different type of game if y'all hadn't knock out the Celina QB early. Thing is to be able to hit anyone, you have to be able to catch them. Celina doesn't have near the speed that Gilmer does.

There would have not been any different outcome if the QB would have stayed in, except that Celina might have had 6 more points on the board.

One game away from the Semi final, and this thread is boring as a log. Is this from a lack of interest or what? I understand, not many Celina posters on this forum,,, so my guess is there isn't much interest from E. Texas posters. Heck there isn't a ton of stuff from Buckeye fans. Just curious,,,, I had actually figured there would be at least 10 pages by now. Ho hum,,,,, yawn. Think I'll go take a nap. -_-

AOB... You are truly one of a kind & I Understand that Fire in your gut & the snarl on you face, as well as that Deep Growl in your throat! And since 1. We beat Gilmer earlier this year already, &

2. Celina needs a good whipping...

Go Bucs!

Thanks man,, we can use all the support we can get. LOL

Im not trying necessarily to take up for Celina, but you do realize Celina has beat more East Texas teams then they have been beaten by them?

As a matter of fact they have already beat 3 East Texas teams in the playoffs this year.

Yeah, I remember one in particular. I'm feeling Celina this time.

What looked to be a promising game,, a payback game,, two Rocky Mountain goats locking horns, has turned into two flat land armadillos rolling up in little balls, if you go by the enthusiasm generated by this thread. Poll: 71 - 11 in Gilmer's favor?? You kiddin' me? Bunch of East Texas folks just hopin' for an East Texas win. Most of that poll isn't by Gilmer fans,,, nowhere near it, they have basically been MIA.

Best I recall, Gilmer jumped out to a lead last year against Celina, and it looked like an easy victory brewing for the Buckeye faithful. But oops,,,, Celina dug in like a Hitachi EX8000 excavator, and the next thing you know, us Buckeye fans were back on the road towards Gilmer with sad looks on our faces. Maybe that was from those bright AT&T stadium lights "from the future", (one game in front of us), blinding our eyes a little bit. Nobody,,, players and fans alike, need to take this game lightly. Celina is like the tortoise in the old Aesops fable. Slow and steady wins the race. Remember that ole hare jumping out to a mind boggling lead??? And that ole turtle's cousin, just kept ploddin' along. Again, my memory ain't the greatest,,, but I think the Tortoise got to go to the big dance last year. Of course I'm pretty sure that wasn't too comforting to the Bobcats last year after the Championship game against WOS. Celina has a score to settle with those Mustangs, a little unfinished business. And I'm pretty sure they would love to swat those pesky little Buckeyes out of the way in order to get that chance. If we waltz into Mesquite Memorial tomorrow night thinking we're gonna blitz through those slow hulky Bobcat linemen, without the effort, and focus that will entail, well, we may have to be scrapped up off the Memorial turf once again. A good clean game with few mistakes just might get us past those Collin County Behemoths. If we play without fire, focus, and aren't mentally prepared, it will be another long drive back to Tater Town.

I don't know where all the Buckeye posters are this week. I just hope there is more enthusiasm at the game than there has been on here. I have not heard by the way,,, will Gilmer be home or vistors tomorrow?

OldBuckeye, not everyone that is picking Gilmer is doing it because they just hope the Buckeyes will win. I've seen both teams and have no doubt Gilmer is better.

Thanks "NutfromanotherGtown" (we're all nuts at times right?) It's appreciated any way we get it. But, Celina won the last game against us, and no matter who we have handing the ball off or throwing it,, until "we beat Celina",, they have the bragging rights, and I want em back. Those kids with the orange "G" on a black helmet, have to believe they can win. And they have to go out there with a bit of a chip on their shoulder, and take care of business. I don't know what's going on in those kids heads,,, they "are" teenagers after all. But if they expect to beat the Bobcats, they better have their heads screwed on tight, and just go there ready to play Buckeye football. Anything less, and we'll be done. We shouldn't "fear them", but we have to respect what they bring to the game, and just flat out, outplay them. At this point in the year, you control your own fortune, you play better than the team lined up across from you, that increases your chances. Gilmer is a good team, without a doubt, but good teams can't have 100 yards in penalties, fumbles, and interceptions, dropped passes, missed tackles, ect. For me, a good description for that is controlled intense discipline. We've either got it, or we don't. I think we do, but it has to be proven, to move forward. If we win, I doubt it will be by more than a score to 10 points, so there will be no margin for error, unless they err as much as we do, and I don't want to rely on that happening. I know you guys have played both teams,, and I like to hear you think we are a better team, but you know the old football adage, "anybody can beat anybody on any given.....blah, blah, blah" that's true, but it goes both ways, and I'm sure Celina has heard that and believes it too.