College Coaching Carousel 2017

MrBuddyGarrity

11 hours ago, MavGrad99 said:

I have my shortlist for Mississippi St:

1. Chad Morris- if A&M doesn't want him...

2. Scott Frost- If Florida doesn't want him...

3. Nick Saban

Seriously though, either of those guys would be a great hire at Miss St... and a good situation for both with the QB coming back.

wildcard..Lane Kiffen. and Frost winds up at Braska.

5 hours ago, cats69 said:

I've seen nobody mentioning that A&M was even considering him. They will be going for a head coach. 

You should go to the Aggie thread. It was mentioned that A&M was getting ready to throw a lot of money around after the Fisher hire and get Pruitt.

A LOT of rumors floating around right now.

43 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

A&M showing no limits on his staff. They might keep Chavis if they want to. Hiring the best OC/DC is a must through.

I believe Chavis and Jimbo have worked together before. Considering how much the Aggies D improved in two years, he may be a good keep. 

2 hours ago, Lion70 said:

A&M showing no limits on his staff. They might keep Chavis if they want to. Hiring the best OC/DC is a must through.

You should want your HC to hire the best coordinators that he knows or has a relationship with. Not just the best money can buy. The staff has to work well together or it won't matter how great they are individually. 

A lot of people at Texas wanted Herman to hire LSU DC Aranda(sp?) but he brought his guy in Orlando and it worked out pretty good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Mavgrad is this correct? 

Ross Dellenger: Per this, #LSU OC Matt Canada is "seeking an interview" for the Rice head job. https://t.co/FX2aIhUyGr

Coaches interview for jobs all of the time.  Who knows how interested he is in it... they can’t be paying that much more than he is currently making...

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

If yall want free comedy this morning check out Lane Kiffin's Twitter feed, he is freaking hilarious!! 😂😂

On 11/26/2017 at 7:10 PM, Valhalla said:

The biggest problem at Texas A&M is you are signing up for somewhat unrealistic expectations.

You will be expected to come in and make them into something that they have never been before and in in trying to accomplish task you will be in a division with a top 5 program with arguably the greatest HC of all time, and at least two other schools with more established success present and historically than you have.

This is just extremely naive thinking... I understand not wanting to coach against Saban, but past success has NOTHING to do with that. You act like expectations at A&M are unrealistic, and that’s ludicrous. A&M has EVERY resource available to be successful. Every single one. Money, alumni support, facilities, recruiting grounds, national exposure... There isn’t a single thing a coach could want or need for at A&M. Just because you as a fan care about wins from before these recruits were born means nothing. I don’t know how old you are, but LSU waS as mediocre as A&M if not more prior to the right coaching hire (Saban) nearly 15+ years ago. The entire country looks at them as “elite” now... It was all started with Saban. They were as “average” as A&M before that. A&M is just like that if not better because there’s more money and better recruiting depth in Texas. Stop thinking as a rival fan and think as a prospective coach for a second. If you can tell me one thing A&M doesn’t have that they need to be successful, I’m all ears. 

25 minutes ago, stoneykelly said:

What AD in their right mind and without a personal grudge would hire Herm Edwards over Kevin Sumlin?

What's gonna be hilarious is if Sumlin catches on with a Pac school and proceeds to make ASU his whipping boy. :lol: 

• Like 2

• Mr. P changed the title to College Coaching Carousel 2017