Hughes Springs vs Mineola

HS1988

Hughes Springs vs Mineola  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

2 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

Toss up game. Neither team will go very deep. Mineola is trying to rebuild from losing 18 seniors that won a state championship. Again HS is in a district where no one established a dominate team.

What does that have to do with playoffs, that no team in the district was dominant?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It has a lot to say about the competition level. In the playoffs after the 1st or 2nd round you meet teams that are good playoff teams. The first round is really just a warm up since they have four teams in the playoffs. Just a way for th UIL to make more money and keep interest in football. Get real you have teams with 2-8 records in a playoff game. It like everyone gets a participation trophy. You are supporting your team and I respect that but I have no team just enjoy football.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

It has a lot to say about the competition level. In the playoffs after the 1st or 2nd round you meet teams that are good playoff teams. The first round is really just a warm up since they have four teams in the playoffs. Just a way for th UIL to make more money and keep interest in football. Get real you have teams with 2-8 records in a playoff game. It like everyone gets a participation trophy. You are supporting your team and I respect that but I have no team just enjoy football.

Ok, I'll give you that, but you yourself said, after the 1st or 2nd round....

this is is I think the first round, and I think this is a Mineola vs Hughes Springs thread..... so with that being said, what does that have to do with this game??  Your knoedlefe I assume is immense, but we aren't talking about 2-8 teams here.  

And as far as competing level of the district, I may understand that  in other dist it's but the 4 playoff teams in this district I believe got there and played competitive ...  dominant team, I'd say white oak did that this year in this district.  

They have a darn good team.

11 minutes ago, Mustang4life said:

Ok, I'll give you that, but you yourself said, after the 1st or 2nd round....

this is is I think the first round, and I think this is a Mineola vs Hughes Springs thread..... so with that being said, what does that have to do with this game??  Your knoedlefe I assume is immense, but we aren't talking about 2-8 teams here.  

And as far as competing level of the district, I may understand that  in other dist it's but the 4 playoff teams in this district I believe got there and played competitive ...  dominant team, I'd say white oak did that this year in this district.  

They have a darn good team.

White Oak did play a shoot team in Harmony and believe they lost. I'm not arguing with you over this game. HS probably will win because I've watch Mineola and they are not a good playoff team this year. I'm just saying that looking st schedules I don't see any team but Harmony playing with the teams up toward the metro plex. Enjoy your third place playoff spot and I hope HS proves me wrong. Winona did last year and I was proud of them. I can say I'm wrong when I am.

5 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

White Oak did play a shoot team in Harmony and believe they lost. I'm not arguing with you over this game. HS probably will win because I've watch Mineola and they are not a good playoff team this year. I'm just saying that looking st schedules I don't see any team but Harmony playing with the teams up toward the metro plex. Enjoy your third place playoff spot and I hope HS proves me wrong. Winona did last year and I was proud of them. I can say I'm wrong when I am.

Thanks for your input Mr. Babbitt

11 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

Just looking at schedules doesn’t always paint a bright picture. White Oak clearly sand bagged in pre season mainly because they didn’t want to get Hood hurt. He was injured in the 2 other seasons on varsity, so they didn’t run with him at all in pre season. Then once district started if you would have seen them play u would understand that having a balanced run attack with Hood and Reddic coupled with WO’s passing ability I’d say WO is a stout team. Their losses come by way of a very good TK gorman team, a very good Spring Hill team if you’ve kept up with their district, and of course Harmony. All those games were without running the ball with Hood. Also the first 3 games 2 of which were losses, White Oak was without their best and fastest WR. He came back from an injury against Harmony. 

Good points. Hope they do well. Knew their coach for years and always backed him. Not putting WO down just trying to tell the other member how I look at games. Not a hometown fan and I haven't any loyalty to a certain team. I did in the past when I had kids or friends play and I was just like Mustang for Life.

3 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

Good points. Hope they do well. Knew their coach for years and always backed him. Not putting WO down just trying to tell the other member how I look at games. Not a hometown fan and I haven't any loyalty to a certain team. I did in the past when I had kids or friends play and I was just like Mustang for Life.

M4L just likes to argue lol

10 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Just looking at schedules doesn’t always paint a bright picture. White Oak clearly sand bagged in pre season mainly because they didn’t want to get Hood hurt. He was injured in the 2 other seasons on varsity, so they didn’t run with him at all in pre season. Then once district started if you would have seen them play u would understand that having a balanced run attack with Hood and Reddic coupled with WO’s passing ability I’d say WO is a stout team. Their losses come by way of a very good TK gorman team, a very good Spring Hill team if you’ve kept up with their district, and of course Harmony. All those games were without running the ball with Hood. Also the first 3 games 2 of which were losses, White Oak was without their best and fastest WR. He came back from an injury against Harmony. 

AND this is almost exactly what I said after HS/WO. WO did lots of things on offense and had different formations in that game than all year. It was good coaching to hold back. Entirely different levels but Carthage does that same thing every year. 

2-4 in this district could have been in any order with Jeff,HS, and RW but it played out like it did. I feel those 3 were pretty equal but the chips feel good and bad for some. I feel District 8 has a good shot of going 4-0 or 3-1 this week. 

9 minutes ago, 3rdand5 said:

Cool beans but u obviously haven’t kept up with this Region. U act like the metro plex teams can’t be beaten, but isn’t Farmersville basically one of those teams. I mean they’re 30 minutes from McKinney and an hour at most from Van Alstyne and Howe. Also if u’d have kept up with the teams then you’d have seen that top ranked Grandview was beaten 2 weeks ago by Maypearl that finished 4th in that district. Maypearl is also barley ranked in the top 50 teams in Division 1 & closely ranked with Redwater. Imagine that a 1st place team getting beaten by a 4th place team. I guess all these eastern teams should just not play at all. Let the metro plex teams take it.