Hughes Springs vs Mineola

HS1988

Hughes Springs vs Mineola  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/18/2017 at 01:00 AM

7 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

The Jackets still have a handful of players that have a championship ring and they know what it takes to win in the playoffs. There are some seniors that will be playing in their 18th playoff game on Friday......don’t know what’s going to happen this game but the Jackets have been there done that.......got the T-shirt, hat, etc. They will be ready. All this other talk is just noise.

Been there done that, means nothing come Friday.  Yay, glad yall got the hat and the shirt, maybe yall can wear last years bi-district, area, etc. playoff shirts, so that we can be intimidated.

LOL,   Championships mean nothing once that ball is snapped.  just saying.  Not hating on ya'lls "ship"  just stating that, that "ship" wont help you win that game.

7 hours ago, Racer55 said:

I see I missed some action today. I’ll be back on in the a.m. to try to wade through this dudes BS. Looks like I’ll need the slicker suit and waders cuz it’s getting deep! 

Good morning racer. I'm trying a new approach just to tell you I here to talk football all the rest you can find someone else to talk about. If you can't then I'll ignore you post. Like to be friendly but that's your call. You are one of the others made a comment that I've been on since 2009 and haven't posted till this year. That's true because I had the same thing happen then. It just happen to be a Mineola fan. He is still on and now his post are great. I guess winning does help. Hope we can talk football your choice.

13 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

I can take it been thru a lot worse. Listening to you guys smack talk is a walk in the park. I guess I'll go back to the old folks home now and practice my chess or checkers so when racer 55 team loses in the near future not this week. I can challenge him so he can lose again.

How can you say this, then get clearly upset when someone “yanks your chain” In your words remember.

12 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Agreed you are welcome to take me off if you need to. I don't want to play this game.

12 hours ago, 3rdand5 said:

Don't try to play me a######

Don’t like your chain yanked do ya? How bout u get off and quit yanking everyone else’s chain? Can dish it but not take it. Hypocrisy and BS is deep with this one. Cry fool you shall when chain is yanked. 

1 minute ago, 3rdand5 said:

Good morning racer. I'm trying a new approach just to tell you I here to talk football all the rest you can find someone else to talk about. If you can't then I'll ignore you post. Like to be friendly but that's your call. You are one of the others made a comment that I've been on since 2009 and haven't posted till this year. That's true because I had the same thing happen then. It just happen to be a Mineola fan. He is still on and now his post are great. I guess winning does help. Hope we can talk football your choice.

I don’t mind talking FB or smack talking either. I like either of which. Critical, homer, or smack talking. It doesn’t matter to me.

14 hours ago, HS1988 said:

I think every team we played or scrimmaged in preseason are in the playoffs. 2 or 3 are district champs i think. Not much difference in d1 or d2. Bring your red jersey to Hallsville friday night and back them Stangs! Might let you have a little input in the scheduling process next year.

Come on man.

4 of the 5 preseason opponents were 3rd or 4th place in lower classifications than y'all.

One of them was 3rd in 2A.

Let me know and I'll help on that scheduling for next year!

11 minutes ago, BlueBacker said:

Come on man.

4 of the 5 preseason opponents were 3rd or 4th place in lower classifications than y'all.

One of them was 3rd in 2A.

Let me know and I'll help on that scheduling for next year!

How many kids difference between us and the teams we played? Just think, yall would be lucky to get 4th if we were in your district. And wouldnt even get a sniff in this district. I know how bad it hurts you to have daddy spank you the last 2yrs. Just remember, theres more where that came from. If you did help, first thing you would do is take YALL off the schedule.LOL...😣

48 minutes ago, HS1988 said:

How many kids difference between us and the teams we played? Just think, yall would be lucky to get 4th if we were in your district. And wouldnt even get a sniff in this district. I know how bad it hurts you to have daddy spank you the last 2yrs. Just remember, theres more where that came from. If you did help, first thing you would do is take YALL off the schedule.LOL...😣

This year's snapshops of Hughes Springs non district opponents.

Hughes Springs 351

Daingerfield 278

Arp 263

Paul Pewitt 240

Garrison 201

Hooks 352

6 minutes ago, 2017Patriot said:

Hughes Springs 351

Daingerfield 278

Arp 263

Paul Pewitt 240

Garrison 201

Hooks 352

Looked at the other day when all the smack talking going on. Thought maybe they only played the Piney woods gang. It might be the school wants no travel. Will say Arp usually a tuff game. Not so much this year.

58 minutes ago, 2017Patriot said:

Hughes Springs 351

Daingerfield 278

Arp 263

Paul Pewitt 240

Garrison 201

Hooks 352

Picking bones between D1 and D2, in this classification? Really? The pickings aren't nearly as large as you are making out Chief, as that doesn't necessarily translate to athletics, in most schools. You only put 11 on the field at a time, and our 11 beat your 11...2 years in a row. If you play such a STRONG, "beefed up" non-district schedule, beating a little ol school like HS should be a breeze. And some of ya'll are already talking about beating Gunter? :shhh:

1 hour ago, 2017Patriot said:

Hughes Springs 351

Daingerfield 278

Arp 263

Paul Pewitt 240

Garrison 201

Hooks 352

Schedule was made 2 years ago hoss... boys play who's put in front of them 

1 minute ago, Horns85 said:

Schedule was made 2 years ago hoss... boys play who's put in front of them 

The question was how many kids difference between the teams hughes springs  played. I just answered the question. You can make up all the excuses you want but we all know Hughes Springs has never scheduled up.

1 minute ago, 2017Patriot said:

The question was how many kids difference between the teams hughes springs  played. I just answered the question. You can make up all the excuses you want but we all know Hughes Springs has never scheduled up.

Well maybe this is a reason... coaches don't wanna face certain styles

20171114_145643.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2017Patriot said:

No need for excuses. You made my point by posting the numbers.  Thanks. 

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Only 27 boys are on Varsity? Are the JV and freshman squads carrying a good number? We don’t have a freshman team and JV was widdled down to nothing after bringing the better players up. We’ve got terrible numbers. Got some great players but we’re one twisted knee away from being a possible 0’fer team. Zero depth

Honestly I couldn't give you an accurate number on those.  Our problem is the amount of kids who have no interest in athletics

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Only 27 boys are on Varsity? Are the JV and freshman squads carrying a good number? We don’t have a freshman team and JV was widdled down to nothing after bringing the better players up. We’ve got terrible numbers. Got some great players but we’re one twisted knee away from being a possible 0’fer team. Zero depth

Double post.

1 hour ago, StangtilDeath said:

Honestly I couldn't give you an accurate number on those.  Our problem is the amount of kids who have no interest in athletics

That seems to be a problem in all small schools. I've been watching Mineola a lot this year was surprised at their numbers. Van has kids everywhere. I heard they had 48 freshman out. That's more than a lot schools have out in their High school program. Just lot offered in school today. Lot of kids in Ag because they make money off their animals.

On 11/13/2017 at 6:58 PM, Mustang4life said:

Do you even have a team? Everyone understands you like football, but you have to hitch your ride to a team, most if not all people have a team, so who is it?

chances are you're not gonna say, it's okay, that speaks volumes about you if you don't. Colonel Sanders.

Ok since all the bs has calm down. I will answer your question. Yes I'm backing three teams this week. Mineola who I have followed this year. I agree with another post the state championship was last year and they are not the same team. I called this a toss up game in my first post. Still think it is. Looked at both teams schedule. If HS would have the four 4A teams in preseason they records would be close to the same. Of the 4A games 2 are district champs and one runner up (in the same district) Not sure about the fourth. They lost to Commerce that they should have won. Just one of those nights no excuses. Mineola would have loved to play yalls preseason schedule. But saying that I still call it a toss up game because they have given up to many big plays on defense. Your running game keeps this game a toss up. MT. Vernon hurt them and that's what concerns me. No smack talk just looking at schedules and this is just my opinion. Good Luck looking forward to the game.

Mineola was tied up basically in the 3rd with winsboro. Also losing to commerce. Did anyone forget Winsboro was beat by Sabine? Commece losing to some div 2 district 8 3a teams. I think HS wins this one either way. In a close game or by a comfortable lead.