C Dawgs versus K Dogs

cowboyandchrist

30 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

The 9th grade game was every bit as competitive as I thought it would be.  Just a great game.  It’s a shame one of them had to lose.

Wow that was one of the coolest freshman games I’ve ever been to. Kilgore and Carthage’s 9th grade have been throttling people all year, and they get together and the final ends up being 22-21. I can’t remember seeing a freshman level game where both sets of coaches were coaching that hard as well as both sets of fans getting that loud for a Thursday night game. Excellent job to both teams, I have a feeling Kilgore/Carthage is going to be awesome the next few years.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

Wow that was one of the coolest freshman games I’ve ever been to. Kilgore and Carthage’s 9th grade have been throttling people all year, and they get together and the final ends up being 22-21. I can’t remember seeing a freshman level game where both sets of coaches were coaching that hard as well as both sets of fans getting that loud for a Thursday night game. Excellent job to both teams, I have a feeling Kilgore/Carthage is going to be awesome the next few years.

Great game!  I think the final was actually 28-21.  From what I gathered the penalty on the final play that ended in a pick 6 for Carthage was against Kilgore and was declined.

Just now, DawgNation2015 said:

Great game!  I think the final was actually 28-21.  From what I gathered the penalty on the final play that ended in a pick 6 for Carthage was against Kilgore and was declined.

I was wondering that, someone said after the game there was a block in the back on the return and they offset so I’m not real sure, either way, that was as fun a freshman game as I’ve ever watched.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Hlion said:

Anyone giving Kilgore a chance ? Last chance at perfection

Going out on a limb and saying next week will be tougher than tonight

Going out on a limb and saying this game will be tougher than last week! Go Dawgs!!

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, KilgoreFan said:

Kilgore and Carthage JV squads are Co-champs.  Two years in a row for Kilgore to carry the crown. It would have been nice to see them play, but the longer we waited, the worse the lightning got.

I would have liked to have seen the two 9th grade teams play under optimal conditions.  The rain cut a lot of the passing game out of the playbook for both teams.  They still threw the ball but not as effective as they normally are.  Plus the moisture caused at least five fumbles with a lost possession and countless more low snaps/bad snap exchanges between QB & Center.  All that said it was still a monster 9th grade game.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

The varsity is mainly juniors and sophomores. Moving more sophomores up would add a little depth, but none of the guys currently on JV would crack the starting lineup on varsity.

This confuses me. You guys are so excited about this JV team that's 9-0 but they can't even crack the starting line up in a down year for Kilgore? With there being mainly Jr and Soph on the team now, how does that equate to a monster year in 2019. Just don't get the logic. If the K-dogs were winning now, then i'd be a little nervous. Please explain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This confuses me. You guys are so excited about this JV team that's 9-0 but they can't even crack the starting line up in a down year for Kilgore? With there being mainly Jr and Soph on the team now, how does that equate to a monster year in 2019. Just don't get the logic. If the K-dogs were winning now, then i'd be a little nervous. Please explain.

I am understand his optimism for next year...…………...Probably have a bunch of sophs that are almost equal in talent -------the ones a little better are on varsity and the others got 9 games of playing experience on JV...…………………….those JV players may grow more, get stronger than the varsity players, and/or get faster by next year and become varsity starters...……….Kilgore thinks they will be loaded with depth the next 2 years --- and probably so

Carthage thinks they will be good for several more years, based on what is coming from the JV, freshman, and 8th grade teams...………..It is okay, for other teams like Kilgore, who  have those same good teams, to think the same way.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

.………..It is okay, for other teams like Kilgore, who  have those same good teams, to think the same way.

I was just trying to understand the logic and in the first paragraph you explained it very well but with the smart remark at the end?

3 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I think this may help you. May.    Imo, I believe what he is trying to tell you, the juniors and sophomores that would have been brought up this year, were not, as the positions they play are already filled by pretty good sophomores and juniors on the varsity. Kilgore's junior and sophomore classes are pretty talented. The varsity is relying heavily on juniors and sophomores. I believe we have or have had 5-7 sophomore starters, at least that I can think of off the top of my head, and several more I'm sure I either don't know about or can't think of at the moment.   

Now lets go back and talk about JV teams.  Our JV has a few talented backs. Why would we move those backs up to the varsity just to ride the pine. Would you rather see that, or have them develop on the JV squad, where they will actually play. Same thing with our d-line and linebackers. 3-4 of those kids could be playing on the varsity right now, but guess what, that's hard to do when you have 5-6 other guys at the same positions already there. I would rather see those kids get playing time on the JV over riding the pine on varsity.

Third thing.  Why would we NOT be excited about a JV team that is the first to go undefeated in approximately 20 years, and is 16-2 over the past two seasons?  It's quite an accomplishment. Does that mean we think that they will translate that to going undefeated on varsity and destroying everyone?  Of course not, however, it is an indication of the talent we have coming, and or their ability to play together as a team. Take it how you will.

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KilgoreFan said:

Kilgore and Carthage JV squads are Co-champs.  Two years in a row for Kilgore to carry the crown. It would have been nice to see them play, but the longer we waited, the worse the lightning got.

I would have liked to watch the JV game too, they have been battling since Jr High. It will be fun to watch this year's Sophmore class on varsity next year, 12 for Carthage are on Varsity. Tons of talent coming for the next few years. The Freshman game sounded very interesting, those are also 2 good teams. Looking for forward to the district games next year. Go Dawgs!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CDAWG68 said:

I would have liked to watch the JV game too, they have been battling since Jr High. It will be fun to watch this year's Sophmore class on varsity next year, 12 for Carthage are on Varsity. Tons of talent coming for the next few years. The Freshman game sounded very interesting, those are also 2 good teams. Looking for forward to the district games next year. Go Dawgs!!

What's the jv scores.

2 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

I was only able to catch the last minute or two of the Freshman game. Both crowds were definitely in to it!

1 hour ago, KilgoreFan said:

I think this may help you. May.    Imo, I believe what he is trying to tell you, the juniors and sophomores that would have been brought up this year, were not, as the positions they play are already filled by pretty good sophomores and juniors on the varsity. Kilgore's junior and sophomore classes are pretty talented. The varsity is relying heavily on juniors and sophomores. I believe we have or have had 5-7 sophomore starters, at least that I can think of off the top of my head, and several more I'm sure I either don't know about or can't think of at the moment.   

Now lets go back and talk about JV teams.  Our JV has a few talented backs. Why would we move those backs up to the varsity just to ride the pine. Would you rather see that, or have them develop on the JV squad, where they will actually play. Same thing with our d-line and linebackers. 3-4 of those kids could be playing on the varsity right now, but guess what, that's hard to do when you have 5-6 other guys at the same positions already there. I would rather see those kids get playing time on the JV over riding the pine on varsity.

Third thing.  Why would we NOT be excited about a JV team that is the first to go undefeated in approximately 20 years, and is 16-2 over the past two seasons?  It's quite an accomplishment. Does that mean we think that they will translate that to going undefeated on varsity and destroying everyone?  Of course not, however, it is an indication of the talent we have coming, and or their ability to play together as a team. Take it how you will.

I hope this helps!

I couldn't have said it any better.

• Like 1