Week 2- QC/Winnsboro

qc2014

Looking forward to this game. Raiders had a little trouble making plays on the ball in the secondary the other night so I would like to see some improvement there this week. Also would like to see the offense clean up just a little bit with the penalties and fumbled snaps. I foresee Winny coming out strong and dominating with the power running game.

17 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Chevyman, you don’t have to be Miss Cleo to make this prediction. I hope y’all have a good year. Winnsboro is one of my favorite towns. Not talking football. I go there often. I like towns that still have a vibrant downtown like the good ole days. 

I understand that, just stating some areas of improvement that I would like to see. It is a pretty special place I would agree.

41 minutes ago, chevyman said:

I understand that, just stating some areas of improvement that I would like to see. It is a pretty special place I would agree.

Chevyman - Natureboy don’t understand yet that the Raiders are building for a tough district run.  They didn’t get the memo about battling for last place.  😂. They are going to have to execute at a high level in 4 district games to have a shot at a playoff spot.  Correct those mistakes now so when the chips are on the table the kids will make the plays.  Raiders will take another step forward toward that goal this week.

3 hours ago, qc2014 said:

QC offense looked impressive in first game, but defense looked bad. Winnsboro I’m sure is predicted to win. I think it’ll be more competitive than people believe. 

I hate to tell you but from what I've heard Winnsboro is a different animal than Harleton.  Finney has those kids flying around.  QC will get hit in the mouth and not like it.  QC kids will quit.  This one will be over by halftime.  

3 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

What are you talking about? All 10 of your opponents will be predicted to win. I feel for you. I feel for the boys. I don’t know what it’s going to take to get QC to a level where they can compete. My sophomore year in ‘95 QC actually beat us. Y’all were huge on the o line. 300lb plus average from tackle to tackle. Junior year we won convincingly. Senior year we went 3 rounds as the smallest 3A school in Texas and got beat by 7 to Commerce. They went on to get beat by a touchdown in the Finals to Sealy which gave them a 4 peat. That game my senior year we beat QC 14-10. Y’all had some big dudes.  What happened?

Obviously there’s not as much size anymore. It’s going to be a long process to get qc to being competitive year in and year out. But i think that Friday night was a step in the right direction. They looked better offensively than i expected- and yes i know that Harleton isn’t very good. But scoring 40 on anyone was an encouraging thing to see. Too often in the past qc has just tried to run the ball and keep the clock running. So seeing them throw and actually have some success at it was good to see. 

3 hours ago, DawgNation2015 said:

Chevyman - Natureboy don’t understand yet that the Raiders are building for a tough district run.  They didn’t get the memo about battling for last place.  😂. They are going to have to execute at a high level in 4 district games to have a shot at a playoff spot.  Correct those mistakes now so when the chips are on the table the kids will make the plays.  Raiders will take another step forward toward that goal this week.

I think that is precisely where I was going with that post. Also looking to improve for the MV game but more importantly for district. Most crucial thing is to not have any injuries the next two weeks in games that should be non competitive if the Raiders play to their potential. Great opportunities to improve and get better.

51 minutes ago, qc2014 said:

Obviously there’s not as much size anymore. It’s going to be a long process to get qc to being competitive year in and year out. But i think that Friday night was a step in the right direction. They looked better offensively than i expected- and yes i know that Harleton isn’t very good. But scoring 40 on anyone was an encouraging thing to see. Too often in the past qc has just tried to run the ball and keep the clock running. So seeing them throw and actually have some success at it was good to see. 

Coach, y’all lost, to Harleton!!!!

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Hooks outta be ashamed. Harleton was a good pick. Who’s over QC’s predistrict scheduling. Winny and Hooks though? Try to find them boys a couple of cupcake games where they at least have a snowballs chance of winning. 

I think the School of the Blind was booked those 2 weeks.  Might could have found a 6 man team to have a fighting chance.  

2 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Hooks outta be ashamed. Harleton was a good pick. Who’s over QC’s predistrict scheduling. Winny and Hooks though? Try to find them boys a couple of cupcake games where they at least have a snowballs chance of winning. 

I could be wrong, but isn’t that the schedule left by previous coach ?

And no I’m not coach Droddy so i don’t get a say in the schedule 

26 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Yeah it wasn’t his schedule. Not saying it was his fault. QC has been down since Moses wore short pants. Those teams should’ve never been on their non district schedule. 

Probably hard to find bad teams compared to QC. Plus those schools don’t want to be known for getting beat by QC

9 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They that bad that QC would have a chance?

Our coaching staff worked really hard in the second half to not hang a hundred on them. With a first and ten at their 20 yard line with 4 minutes left, we kapernicked it three straight plays and kicked a 44 yard field goal. 

7 hours ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Queen City best try to schedule Maud, Quitman and Clarksville in pre-district. At least they got a chance of 1-2 after those three.

1 minute ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Maybe the should shutter the football program. I hate to say that. Going 1-9 (if they’re lucky) and 0-10 year end and year out isn’t helping the school or the kids. Focus on sports they can compete in. They’ll never land a young up and coming coach. No one is going to risk having a 2-28 record on there resume. Sounds like QC folks are fickle too. This thing has to be be fixed from the ground up. It’ll take a big money 10 year guaranteed contract for a good coach to consider it. He’s got to start molding 7th and 8th graders. Upperclassman are probably to set in their ways. Losing is a hard habit to break. I kid on this thread, but I do feel sorry for the boys. 

I remember seeing last year that they had a promising young group. Maybe in jh but it's still progress. QC hasn't had pooh since 98 when we played them. They had a oline that was massive. They called them the bruise brothers. We still beat them but those boys were humongous