👍🏻 Texas A&M Aggies 2023 👍🏻

Stoney

3 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

F4d9PhR.gif

Lol I'm glad he's working out there. Most OU fans were "happy" to see him go at the time because he overworked players or something. But he made a HUGE impact on our team.

We miss him BADLY here. So many injuries, getting shoved around on the line of scrimmage, running out of gas late in games.... I've been reading up on Elko's hire of David Feeley and he seems awesome. 

Edited by JohnnyFootball
  • Like 1

Podcast yesterday was talking about how folks underestimate the impact the S&C coach has on your team. These guys spend more time with the players. They know the guys putting in the work. They set the tone. I think we saw the impact losing Schmidt had on the program. Feeley seems like he'll be a positive for the program.

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Podcast yesterday was talking about how folks underestimate the impact the S&C coach has on your team. These guys spend more time with the players. They know the guys putting in the work. They set the tone. I think we saw the impact losing Schmidt had on the program. Feeley seems like he'll be a positive for the program.

It's so pivotal in a program. It's not just about strength, but injury prevention, nutrition, and what I think the most important is, mental toughness. Having a good S&C department contributes to a lot of the success programs have.

I mean, look at what Cochran built at Alabama and now Georgia.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2023 at 11:45 AM, Stoney said:

Texasfootballscoop is saying today that that Feeley guy is no longer coming??  IDK, maybe ya'lls boards know more?

4 hours ago, Red90fly said:

Texasfootballscoop is saying today that that Feeley guy is no longer coming??  IDK, maybe ya'lls boards know more?

****Internet rumor****

Rumor I've seen going around is that Feeley and Santucci aren't coming to A&M. One rumor went further on Santucci's reasons for not coming to A&M. There's another rumor that has none of Elko's Duke staff coming with him to A&M.

****247 reports****

Elko has been wanting to take his time building his staff. Making sure he's got the right pieces in place. Championship Saturday gets over with, movement could start happening.

49 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I assume there will be a few players leave because of this.

How do y’all feel about him leaving?

Really hate to see him go. He’s an elite recruiter. A&M offered to make him the top paid assistant in the country, but he has a very close relationship with the new Syracuse HC. Getting to progress his career by calling plays is something he deserves to do, but A&M just couldn’t offer that at this juncture. He will be missed but I assume a solid DC is expected. Elko stated he will not be calling plays so they will be going after someone with experience and is proven. 

Elko better have an ELITE option coming for DC. You’re likely better off with an experienced and very talented roster with a first time playcaller than compared to a experienced playcaller but a roster that’s either young or not as talented. 

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

Really hate to see him go. He’s an elite recruiter. A&M offered to make him the top paid assistant in the country, but he has a very close relationship with the new Syracuse HC. Getting to progress his career by calling plays is something he deserves to do, but A&M just couldn’t offer that at this juncture. He will be missed but I assume a solid DC is expected. Elko stated he will not be calling plays so they will be going after someone with experience and is proven. 

I can’t say I’m shocked. I heard he had a really close relationship with Syracuse’s coach that he valued above everything. Good for him, but a big loss.

• Mr. P locked this topic