🀘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2023 🀘🏻

Baron

21 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Today! It's ninety-nine! Β 

Happy 99th Birthday to The University of Texas at Austin's Darrell K Royal -Texas Memorial Stadium, officially dedicated on November 27, 1924 as part of the Thanksgiving Day Texas vs. A&M College of Texas football game. (UT won 7-0.).

FB_IMG_1701209469035.jpg

image.png

How far we've come... from open fields to a concrete jungle.

• Like 2

On 11/26/2023 at 4:19 PM, JohnnyFootball said:

So what scenario are you guys hoping for? Do you see Ohio State falling below Texas in the rankings? If so, then a Bama or Louisville win (both likely) would mean Texas is back in, right?

If Texas wins they should jump Ohio St simply because they are idle.

36 minutes ago, Baron said:

Could the Big12 bias against Texas be anymore obvious?

Y’all kinda deserve it. Texas historically has benefited from them. However, the Big 12 wasn’t going to do them favors . I bet they’re rooting for their only chance to get into the playoffs. Good thing the playoffs were expanding cause without 0u and Tex , they don’t have a chance.Β 

• SMH 1

45 minutes ago, Baron said:

If Texas wins they should jump Ohio St simply because they are idle.

Yes I agree but Alabama probably a hurdle but the horns won. FSU losing is probably the most realistic chance at #4. What is interesting is Texas is a very big market and ratings matter. If the committee really wants $$$ thenΒ 
1. Michigan 2. Georgia 3. Texas. 4. FSUΒ 

If they going by four best it’sΒ 

1. Β Much ( assuming Β they beat Iowa 2. Georgia/Bama winner 3. Texas ( assuming they win) 4. Oregon/ Washington winner.

4 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

Y’all kinda deserve it. Texas historically has benefited from them. However, the Big 12 wasn’t going to do them favors . I bet they’re rooting for their only chance to get into the playoffs. Good thing the playoffs were expanding cause without 0u and Tex , they don’t have a chance.Β 

Puleeze! Give me a break. What about the ref intentionally bumped into Strong only to throw a flag against Strong? What about the Oklahoma State game(s)? Trust me, there are more.

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Puleeze! Give me a break. What about the ref intentionally bumped into Strong only to throw a flag against Strong? What about the Oklahoma State game(s)? Trust me, there are more.

Never said you didn’t get any go against but they benefited far more. Texas was the kingpin now they got no use for you.Β 

28 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

You went full Lion with this comment. Never go full Lion.Β 

• LOL! 4

32 minutes ago, Lion7000 said:

So you're saying if you announce your intention to leave your conference you deserve it? What then about A&M? I might do the research at a later date, but I would be interested how officiating/penalties changed after the announcement to change conferences.

5 minutes ago, Baron said:

So you're saying if you announce your intention to leave your conference you deserve it? What then about A&M? I might do the research at a later date, but I would be interested how officiating/penalties changed after the announcement to change conferences.

We got the short end of several calls that year. I remember specifically. And Nebraska did the year before when they left. A&M benefited from playing them in 2010 on calls.

Im not saying it SHOULD happen, but it’s been happening for ages. Heck I remember a game on a Thursday where Miami played Louisville as Miami was leaving the Big East and Louisville was joining. And the officiating was BAD in favor of Louisville lol

8 minutes ago, Baron said:

I kinda expected this treatment from the big 12. You know they’re devastated their two biggest programs and one gave them clout Oklahoma ( playoffs) were leaving.

12 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

I kinda expected this treatment from the big 12. You know they’re devastated their two biggest programs and one gave them clout Oklahoma ( playoffs) were leaving.

We knew it was going to happen. That's not the issue.

The issue is how blatantly obvious it has been. The comments from the Commissioner and his staff, the ridiculous discrepancies in penalties, and if you watch the games, the clear negative impact the officials have on any Texas (and OU for that matter) game. That's what insane to me.

I knew that we wouldn't get calls our way here and there and that some teams will be vocal about hating us, but this year has been on another level of sabotage. They were successful with sabotaging OU, but Texas has escaped so far. Saturday will be the final test.

• Thanks 1

• Mr. P locked this topic