3 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Wow! 

Yall ever met in the playoffs?

Negative. Never even come close either shockingly. 

Complete opposite of our rivalry with Lufkin, which of course being as far south as Lp is…a lot of those have come in the first round. But yea rivalry with JT is based off district title meetings (believe we’re at 18 of those 100 specifically deciding district). 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

How about tell me Longview signature win and don’t say forney there not getting past 1st round and talk away I mean y’all do have the stadium the size of a 1a school so y’all got to be happy about beating bad teams every year by 80 points 😂😂carry on good luck in playoffs 

Lol You do know rose stadium isn't much bigger then lobo only 1300 more seats .enjoy basketball season early again maybe can make the playoffs there 🥱

Edited by WolverBean
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Lol You do know rose stadium isn't much bigger then lobo only 1300 more seats .enjoy basketball season early again maybe can make the playoffs there 🥱

Well seeing as chapel hill will go further than Longview most likely i think I’m good for trip to Dallas in December 

• LOL! 2

On 10/30/2023 at 8:45 PM, ANTI said:

The whole entire scenario is weird.

JT beat Lufkin....but are in a worse situation than Lufkin scenario wise to get in.

I tried to tell people Tyler shouldn't have kneeled the ball vs Lufkin. It just didn't make any sense when the 3 way tie breaker was probably their best shot. Granted Lancaster probably beats Lufkin anyway making this point mute. I also don't think Forney is going to rest players and give Tyler a easy win. They will try to run it up Friday. That's just what they do.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

I tried to tell people Tyler shouldn't have kneeled the ball vs Lufkin. It just didn't make any sense when the 3 way tie breaker was probably their best shot. Granted Lancaster probably beats Lufkin anyway making this point mute. I also don't think Forney is going to rest players and give Tyler a easy win. They will try to run it up Friday. That's just what they do.

bruh, your suggestion at that time would have been too risky and not made any sense because JT had no idea what the tie breaker situation would be. 

What if JT would have tried to score and fumbled or threw an INT and Lufkin scores and win the game.   Also, there was 2 games left. Im sure JT thought they had a chance to compete in both games.  Win and all the other tie breaker stuff would have been irrelevant. 

It would only make sense to try for tie breaker points during the last game, when you know 100 percent what the tie breaker scenario would be. Otherwise, you would have been risking a loss, which would making any tie breaker scenario pointless.

1 hour ago, 3rdcoastent said:

Well seeing as chapel hill will go further than Longview most likely i think I’m good for trip to Dallas in December 

Classic deflect 🤭

Having to hop on another team bandwagon cause jt dont cut it eh

You probably believe chapel hill would beat Longview huh 😳🫣 chapel Hill has easier road playing other etx teams why we playing the big boys out of DFW 

On 10/30/2023 at 4:57 PM, ANTI said:

Enrollments of note from this district:

Lancaster:  2,322

Forney:  2,353

Longview:  2,280

3 programs that have a pretty good chance of moving up to 6A. 2,220 was the 6A cutoff last time.

Rest of the district will remain in 5A more than likely.

Sort of a shocker...

But McKinney North turns in 2,273. That'll put them pretty close to 6A too.

Man travel sounds like it's going to be hell for Tyler High and Lufkin next year.

• Wow 1

22 minutes ago, WolverBean said:

Classic deflect 🤭

You probably believe chapel hill would beat Longview huh 😳🫣 chapel Hill has easier road playing other etx teams why we playing the big boys out of DFW 

my boy supports JT and CH. I think he may have went to CH too.

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Classic deflect 🤭

Who even to say jt not making playoffs there’s still one game and I’m not bandwagon I went to chapel hill and something I created is still done there to this day .. so once again make u look bad again

1 hour ago, WolverBean said:

Classic deflect 🤭

And ch is Light year better offensively than Longview y’all have a qb that really cant throw I watched ch play mutiple games #8 would have a career night vs the lobo secondary 

Edited by 3rdcoastent

5 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

And ch is Light year better offensively than Longview y’all have a qb that really cant throw I watched ch play mutiple games #8 would have a career night vs the lobo secondary 

If he's not having career nights in 4A, you think he gonna do anything against the stifling D that Longview has? 👀

• Like 2

19 hours ago, 3rdcoastent said:

How about tell me Longview signature win and don’t say forney there not getting past 1st round and talk away I mean y’all do have the stadium the size of a 1a school so y’all got to be happy about beating bad teams every year by 80 points 😂😂carry on good luck in playoffs 

Proving my point with this post……football iq is lacking. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Ain't being funny but where n da hell is chapel hill at anyway?

very eastern fringe of Tyler on Hwy 64. 

If you ever been to Oil Palace for a concert...that's Chapel Hill. Some consider UT Tyler area borderline Chapel Hill area.

11 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

very eastern fringe of Tyler on Hwy 64. 

If you ever been to Oil Palace for a concert...that's Chapel Hill. Some consider UT Tyler area borderline Chapel Hill area.

A lot of that area is zoned Chapel Hill isd.

I almost bought a house in Chapel Woods subdivision years ago. I didn't because it was zoned Chapel Hill. I'm Tisd to the core.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

Ain't being funny but where n da hell is chapel hill at anyway?

We do have a city called New Chapel Hill, Texas which is located past Chapel High school going east towards Arp. It was incorporated in 1968.

Edited by VonG
  • Like 1