Playoff Sites

TrumpisDump

On 10/31/2023 at 12:12 PM, TrumpisDump said:

If you know or hear anything about 1st round games and sites you can post here. Hopefully it's some ETX football out here around the Corsicana area. Any classification. 

We may have a game at corsicana or midlothian in the first round. Corsicana stadium is nice. Especially last post season when we got to play there twice

1 hour ago, Vandalman said:

I went to a playoff game many years ago at Royse City when that stadium was new. My jaw hit the ground when I saw that press box. I wasn't expecting to see something like that there. I remember when Royse City was just a dot on the map. Been to several games there since then and I agree it's a great venue.

Been there too. Nice.  If you are an East Tx School there are venues much closer.  I think round 3 is when it comes into play for 3A and below schools.  The schools around Dallas will keep Royse City busy Thursday thru Sat. In the first rounds.  Then the later rounds come in

On 10/31/2023 at 2:31 PM, wtlobos said:

Everyone says Pine Tree's stadium is really nice. I've been meaning to get to a game there since it opened.

It is very nice. The only problem is the visitors side is just a little small for some of the big time match ups. Otherwise a very good play-off venue.

On 10/31/2023 at 2:02 PM, LibTurd said:

Tell Governor Hot Wheels to fully fund education. 

Texas schools are fully funded.  We spend more than $12,500 per student according to TSTA.  That's a ridiculous amount for what they're providing.  It takes a lot to build some of the Taj Mahal buildings I've been in.  There's no lack of money, it's what they're choosing to spend it on that is the issue.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, OLEMAN said:

Been there too. Nice.  If you are an East Tx School there are venues much closer.  I think round 3 is when it comes into play for 3A and below schools.  The schools around Dallas will keep Royse City busy Thursday thru Sat. In the first rounds.  Then the later rounds come in

Nothing better than being there when that cold north wind comes blowing through. Always love going there. Pretty easy in and out. Big parking lot. Buccees just puts the cherry on top now. 

18 hours ago, blackngoldtiger said:

We may have a game at corsicana or midlothian in the first round. Corsicana stadium is nice. Especially last post season when we got to play there twice

Midlothian is one of my favorites for sure. Winny played there back in 08 and 09. 

On 11/2/2023 at 12:12 PM, Everide2016 said:

Texas schools are fully funded.  We spend more than $12,500 per student according to TSTA.  That's a ridiculous amount for what they're providing.  It takes a lot to build some of the Taj Mahal buildings I've been in.  There's no lack of money, it's what they're choosing to spend it on that is the issue.

Schools are not fully funded. Abbott literally says this when he keeps saying he’ll fully fund public schools IF vouchers pass. 

You might want to look at how stadiums are funded. (I’ll fill you in, they are voted on by the tax payers through bonds.) 

Edited by LibTurd

On 11/9/2023 at 2:48 PM, LibTurd said:

Schools are not fully funded. Abbott literally says this when he keeps saying he’ll fully fund public schools IF vouchers pass. 

You might want to look at how stadiums are funded. (I’ll fill you in, they are voted on by the tax payers through bonds.) 

If they're not fully funded, how much do you think is enough per student to be fully funded?  Is $12,500 not enough?  Give a number.

2 hours ago, Everide2016 said:

If they're not fully funded, how much do you think is enough per student to be fully funded?  Is $12,500 not enough?  Give a number.

I'd start with 15k per student that would put us I believe in the top 15 in the country and put us more in line w/the national average

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

I'd start with 15k per student that would put us I believe in the top 15 in the country and put us more in line w/the national average

Because the best way to make sure a student is getting the proper education is to judge it off of how much money we are spending.  That's a true indication of whether or not something is being done the right way.

9 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

That's a 20% increase.  Does this mean our property taxes go up 20%?  I don't know enough about the system to have an answer to that, but the money has to come from somewhere and my taxes are already too high.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

Because the best way to make sure a student is getting the proper education is to judge it off of how much money we are spending.  That's a true indication of whether or not something is being done the right way.

I think more funding is definitely a start...the cost to operate a school has gone up (much like the cost of everything), I'm not a math expert but if funding doesnt increase and operating costs increase there's a gap...clearly there's money available somewhere because increasing the funding allotment has been tied to the passing of vouchers...

Edited by MattStepp
  • Like 1