Hawkins open

et_football

51 minutes ago, darktower said:

went 2-8 with talent to go 8-2.   Hooks and Beckville were sure losses Frankston and Harleton possibles but other 6 should have been wins

8-2 talent 😂

Community might need to relax and temper their expectations a bit if this is how someone actually feels.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

8-2 talent 😂

Community might need to relax and temper their expectations a bit if this is how someone actually feels.

Not part of the community---Have never lived there. Have watched their films and see there athletes on the basketball court. Have also won 8-10 games per year with less talent than what I see.   There could be a lot of reasons why the job is open but I do know they underachieved this year

20 minutes ago, darktower said:

Not part of the community---Have never lived there. Have watched their films and see there athletes on the basketball court. Have also won 8-10 games per year with less talent than what I see.   There could be a lot of reasons why the job is open but I do know they underachieved this year

I agree with you that they underachieved...my point is that 8-2 is probably a little overboard. They were coming off of a 4-7 season overall.

Now, I do believe that they are significantly better than 2-8. Will be interesting to find out more about the behind the scenes stuff here.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:30 PM, Valhalla said:

All of the talent stayed in the gym.

That’s false. I caught two of their games this year and have seen them play basketball. Only kid it seems they didn’t have playing both sports is their super tall kid in the gym. He looks to be 6’7 plus and I don’t remember seeing anyone that tall play during football! 

On 12/1/2023 at 10:49 AM, playactionpass39 said:

I would say there is definitely more here than just a 2-8 record.

There was definitely a "disconnect" between coaches and players.

Level of talent did not equal level of production.

Sometimes things just are not a good fit.  Good for him if he recognizes it after just one year.  Usually turns out better for everyone involved.

On 12/1/2023 at 2:53 PM, Luther said:

Hawkins hasn't had 8-2 talent since Edwin Simmons graduated

Thats funny---They went 10-1 in 2020.. I dint know Simmons was that young.  I could have sworn I played against him back in 82.  They had a 6'6 300 plus lineman with really good feet that was benching over 400, another lineman that benched 450 last spring, several other good linemen,  a 1500 yard rusher, and 3 WR that were between 6'2 and 6'4 that can run and are dunking the crap out of the basketball. That is usually good for 8 wins in 2A football

1 hour ago, darktower said:

Thats funny---They went 10-1 in 2020.. I dint know Simmons was that young.  I could have sworn I played against him back in 82.  They had a 6'6 300 plus lineman with really good feet that was benching over 400, another lineman that benched 450 last spring, several other good linemen,  a 1500 yard rusher, and 3 WR that were between 6'2 and 6'4 that can run and are dunking the crap out of the basketball. That is usually good for 8 wins in 2A football

So......

What happened?

4 hours ago, playactionpass39 said:

So......

What happened?

I think we all know what happened. They didn't hire Daniel Swaim when they had the chance. Had they done that they would have gone 19-0 in 2020,2021,2022 and 23-0 in 2023. I know you are saying that is impossible but when you hire Daniel Swaim that's the thing. Nothing is impossible. 

• Thanks 1