STATE SEMIFINAL: Canadian vs Gunter Friday 6 PM @ ACU in Abilene

THEHARDWAY

Canadian vs. Gunter  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Thought this was pretty cool. Do I think we will throw for 295 this week, no. But to have stats mentioned in the same vacinity as Kyler Murray is pretty damn cool. Obviously, talent level at 6A is way different.

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

That’s bad azz

1 minute ago, THEHARDWAY said:

All good man! 

100% mistake on my part again; Never in no way, no how is Canadian ever the beneficiary of move-ins, cheating, etc like previous poster was potentially suggesting. Just an overall Great Program with solid athletes and coaching staff [Still hate to hear about the health issues from previous guy]. Those stats about the QB and only playing in 1/2 of each game is insane!

5 hours ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Thought this was pretty cool. Do I think we will throw for 295 this week, no. But to have stats mentioned in the same vacinity as Kyler Murray is pretty damn cool. Obviously, talent level at 6A is way different.

IMG_5976.jpeg

IMG_5975.jpeg

Thats some awsome stats!!

On 12/4/2023 at 8:10 PM, THEHARDWAY said:

The area is growing, but that doesn’t necessarily mean Gunter is. Their numbers are in line (with growth) with what TEA showed for last realignment. Last years class was big, and this years senior class is small. They aren’t accepting transfers, so unless growth is in the district, or move ins, won’t change that much. I’d be curious to see Gunters district square miles vs East Texas. It seems like there is a town every 10 miles over there. 

Canadian is opposite. This years senior class is small, but 10th grade is big, and so is the 8th. If we stay up, that is what will cause it. Every class 7th and below is 55 or less, with some in low 40’s. 

I lived in Newton for eleven years, and am familiar with the area. Newton County is a humongous county it is narrow but very long. If I’m not mistaken the School District is as big as the County. No growth at all in Newton Proper, but the county no doubt is growing some. The area is mostly Timber Company dominated, so not much growth possible. I believe there has been some talk of Newton dropping down. Most of the Residents commute to Beaumont, Orange, and Port Arthur. It was a good place to live. Good people.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newtonres7586 said:

I lived in Newton for eleven years, and am familiar with the area. Newton County is a humongous county it is narrow but very long. If I’m not mistaken the School District is as big as the County. No growth at all in Newton Proper, but the county no doubt is growing some. The area is mostly Timber Company dominated, so not much growth possible. I believe there has been some talk of Newton dropping down. Most of the Residents commute to Beaumont, Orange, and Port Arthur. It was a good place to live. Good people.

That’s awesome. I was not insinuating anything! Over here, towns are 30-40 minutes apart. Looking at a map they are every 10 miles out east. 

39 minutes ago, THEHARDWAY said:

That’s awesome. I was not insinuating anything! Over here, towns are 30-40 minutes apart. Looking at a map they are every 10 miles out east. 

Pretty sure no one in their right mind would accuse Canadian of move ins,and recruiting. Y'all get it out the mud just like Daingerfield. We both produce ours. Now Gunter....... 👀👀👀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, THEHARDWAY said:

Never thought for a second you were. You mentioned about East Texas, And I thought it was a good time to explain my knowledge of it.

GoWildcats💪🏼

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2023 at 5:19 PM, THEHARDWAY said:

Newton has 3 school in Newton county.  Burkeville, Dewyville and Newton.