★ UIL Realignment 2023-25 ★

Panther89

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

That 4A Div I district would be no easier to make the playoffs for PT than 8-5A has.

2 playoff appearances for PT in the last 20 years if I recall correctly.  

Well at least the playoff would’ve been easier. No Melissa or Lovejoy is in Bi district.

So far in Grayson County and nearby, all the "rumors" I have heard are:

* Going to be real close on both Howe and Gunter moving up to 3A-I.  More than likely both do though.

* Leonard real possibility of moving down to 2A-I.  

* Bells has a large current freshman class that has around 30 more than the others so they are going to be up quite a bit on numbers but well below 3A-I cutoff

* Whitewright will stay 2A-I

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

HOPEFULLY West Hardin drops to D2 and we get this district....

Colmesneil

West Hardin

Evadale

Hull-Daisetta 

Sabine Pass

Deweyville 

I’ll be glad for you to take our place. Deweyville going back to back district champs if so

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Lion1996 said:

I’ve heard we are moving up so it be nice to get back in with Centerville again we’ve had some great games with them. 

Yeah that’s true we have. Sure would beat our long travels to Louisiana boarder and boxing matches with mosquitoes in Sabine pass. 😂😂😂

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lion2001 said:

Yeah that’s true we have. Sure would beat our long travels to Louisiana boarder and boxing matches with mosquitoes in Sabine pass. 😂😂😂

Or they could keep y'all over this way and put you in with Newton.......those should be some good games.......:rofl:

50 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Or they could keep y'all over this way and put you in with Newton.......those should be some good games.......:rofl:

If newton drops I’m sure they will be in it too. Normangee would probably go back to region 4 

• Like 1

Move the top X up. This helps the numbers in particularly 4A and 5A from there numbers being so far from each other. Makes the top and bottom numbers closer. Would benefit epically in Basketball. where you could play someone with almost 3x your enrolment at some levels. 

21 hours ago, LetsGoEagles said:

Lindale’s schedule wouldn’t change a-bit. We already play PT every year. 

I'd see them moving Athens to District 8 to make that district 7 teams and then PT would be the 7th team in District 9. That's if PT moves to 4A D1 and all these teams stay in 4AD1 

District 8

Athens

Anna

Kaufman

Mabank

Nevada

Paris 

Sulphur Springs

District 9

Henderson

Jacksonville

Kilgore

Lindale

Palestine

Pine Tree

Chapel Hill

3 hours ago, TrenchWarrior09 said:

I'd see them moving Athens to District 8 to make that district 7 teams and then PT would be the 7th team in District 9. That's if PT moves to 4A D1 and all these teams stay in 4AD1 

District 8

Athens

Anna

Kaufman

Mabank

Nevada

Paris 

Sulphur Springs

District 9

Henderson

Jacksonville

Kilgore

Lindale

Palestine

Pine Tree

Chapel Hill

Anna definitely is moving up

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MattStepp said:

Anna definitely is moving up

If Anna is moving up i still see UIL moving Athens to District 8, if PT drops, just makes more sense logistically. Will Nevada move down? If that is the case then Athens and Lindale may move to District 8 

Paris 

Sulphur Springs

Kaufman

Mabank

Lindale

Athens

Chapel Hill

Pine Tree

Kilgore 

Henderson

Jacksonville 

Palestine

image.png

On 10/24/2023 at 8:01 PM, Valhalla said:

Possible drops to 2AD1:

Waskom

EF

Pewitt

Dekalb?

Newton?

Arp?

Possible Move Ups from 2AD2:

Alto?

Linden Kildare?

Tenaha?

EF is definitely dropping they only missed being 2A by 3-4 kids last time at 248 and have lost a bunch of kids to transferring out the district and the senior class is losing 75 kids and the incoming freshman class is less than 60 I was told. I expect EF number to be around 225 this go around maybe less.  I would be shocked if the number is more than 230 I would probably ask for a recount lol. 

7 hours ago, TrenchWarrior09 said:

If Anna is moving up i still see UIL moving Athens to District 8, if PT drops, just makes more sense logistically. Will Nevada move down? If that is the case then Athens and Lindale may move to District 8 

Paris 

Sulphur Springs

Kaufman

Mabank

Lindale

Athens

Chapel Hill

Pine Tree

Kilgore 

Henderson

Jacksonville 

Palestine