dave campbell 3a d2 preseason rankings

lionpride08

A lot of football will be played til the big dance, if newton stays healthy they should make it but I wouldn't count the other top contenders out the dragon has been slayed many times b4.... TIME TO PUT IN THE WORK BOYS

1 hour ago, jett2010 said:

A lot of football will be played til the big dance, if newton stays healthy they should make it but I wouldn't count the other top contenders out the dragon has been slayed many times b4.... TIME TO PUT IN THE WORK BOYS

Thought you got lost after the last time I seen you lol...

10 hours ago, OPC said:

Newton 2017- 2018  is every bit as good as Dfield in 2008, 2009, and 2010. Dfield can only hope to last long enough to face the purple monster from SE TX.

I am not sure they could have beaten the 2008 Newton team, the 2010 Yoe team or any of those teams above, but I do know this that when comparisons are made the Daingerfield teams always come up, so as Bill Murray once said we got that going for us.

30 minutes ago, EastTxFinest said:

How yall looking coming into this season?

Return all the skilled players, but no size on the line, these boys going to be running for their lives this year... who knows what we will do this year.... we have a lot of speed and talent that's been on varsity for 3 years now so maturity should be there but lack the depth and size

58 minutes ago, jett2010 said:

Return all the skilled players, but no size on the line, these boys going to be running for their lives this year... who knows what we will do this year.... we have a lot of speed and talent that's been on varsity for 3 years now so maturity should be there but lack the depth and size

What district yall in? Who's in it

28 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Remember last time y'all played a East Texas team. Newton the real deal I give you that but don't pretend they don't have arguyly the most difficult schedule in 3a . 

I remember that team struggling through 3 quarters too. Depth kicked in about halfway into the 3rd and it got ugly.

13 minutes ago, WestRusk2009 said:

I remember that team struggling through 3 quarters too. Depth kicked in about halfway into the 3rd and it got ugly.

Hey the same thing will happen to them I don’t think they will hold up with our depth. And I know they have never faced an offense like ours 

2 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Newton heard that same thing all last year in the playoffs.  "they havent seen an offense like this".  

Im not saying they dont have a tough road, they do!  Probably the toughest in 3A. But i do not think they will be beat. 

Haha we ain’t no team that y’all have faced trust me one thing for certain is we gonna put up points just try and keep up 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Haha we ain’t no team that y’all have faced trust me one thing for certain is we gonna put up points just try and keep up 

On the flip side that “black flag defense” is a thing of the past..... Newton is more than capable to play keep away. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

On the flip side that “black flag defense” is a thing of the past..... Newton is more than capable to play keep away. 

We will be waaaay better this yr on defense. Got some talent that’s coming up from the younger teams that might would have played on varsity if traylor was still here. Coach Turner believed in playing upperclassmen even if some of the young guys were better.

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

We will be waaaay better this yr on defense. Got some talent that’s coming up from the younger teams that might would have played on varsity if traylor was still here. Coach Turner believed in playing upperclassmen even if some of the young guys were better.

Interesting

5 hours ago, rykerx144 said:

Newton heard that same thing all last year in the playoffs.  "they havent seen an offense like this".  

Im not saying they dont have a tough road, they do!  Probably the toughest in 3A. But i do not think they will be beat. 

I don’t either