πŸ† Grandview (13-2) vs. Malakoff (12-2), Class 3A (D-I) STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

Guest Tiger03lb

Who Wins State?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins the 3A Div I State Finals?

• Grandview Zebras
    • Malakoff Tigers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/21/2018 at 01:00 AM

Congrats Grandview, it was fun keeping up with this bunch throughout the postseason.Β That staff and those players hadΒ a special thing going for β€˜em, and with how young this ZebraΒ team wasΒ it won’t surprise me if we see them make another push for state next year.Β 

Just now, Nick2011 said:

First time I’ve ever seen a player get both offensive and defensive MVP. Much deserving for #3 though. He is one heck of an athlete. The scary thing is that he’s only a sophomore.Β 

Yeah.....he's a special player and the difference maker in tonight's game, no doubt.

2 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

Hmmm...

Go back through and read the thread...Malakoff has some great stud athletes,Β  but made silly mistakes. GV has good athletes,Β  good size,Β  but didn't commit a lot of unforced errors or drop multiple passes. It was a good game,Β  there can only be one winner.Β 

Folks must keep in mind too, that the Grandview coach went fairly conservative in the second half, protecting the lead. Grandview executed to near perfection. If the Gv running back would have seen more carries, in the second half, he could have very well won the offensive MVP. Just my opinion( and yes, I was watching the same game!)

Guest Tiger03lb
6 minutes ago, 88YoePride said:

So did Malakoff have drives or scores that were killed by penalties?

We killed ourselves with turnovers and dropped passes. Penalties were more in our favor but it went back and forth on both teams

36 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Congratulations to Malakoffi onΒ a sensational season. Coach Driskell has really built something special over the last decade. Before he came, it was pretty dismal and not a whole lot of success. The players and community bought in to what he has worked hard to build and hisΒ loyalty toΒ the school and program have been rewarded with a trip to state. I doubt many at the beginning of the season predicted a state appearance with such a young team. It stings right now, but hold your heads up Tigers. What an experience and what a journey! Congratulations!

Thanks Sting we are proud of themΒ