Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

2 hours ago, WETSU said:

I still wouldn’t even remotely trade classes with Texas. I think several of your class got laughable bumps in the rankings.

guys like Tyler Owens and Hoofkin who have essentially not one noteable power 5 offer other than Texas (Hoofkin had auburn but that’s it) and see tremendous jumps in the rankings in the once Texas showed interest. You are not a 5/high 4star safety and your two best offers are Texas and Baylor. I’m sorry but it’s laughable that the rankings think they know better than the offer list of schools. There are 3 stars with offers from all the big boys and then high 4 stars with offers from like 2 decent programs. I’ll give you a hint when the rankings jumped up for them and who they committed to when it happen. 🙄

OMG now that's laughable...I can say this. many times a player won't get but 1 offer or only a couple offers if he/she is set on a place early on. no reason for other schools to be spending their time (that is a commodity) on a player there is no chance in getting.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

OMG now that's laughable...I can say this. many times a player won't get but 1 offer or only a couple offers if he/she is set on a place early on. no reason for other schools to be spending their time (that is a commodity) on a player there is no chance in getting.

That is absolutely false. You don’t have a clue about recruiting. Give me 5 examples of high end players that no other respectable program offered simply because they were interested or committed to a certain school. You won’t be able to because that’s nonsense. 

5 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Late bloomers.....

baylor Cupp got jumped to a 5* at the last adjustment.  The recruiting guys must be conspiring to help fisher live up to his word on having the #1 or 2 class, right?!?!

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

This is a discussion board.... are we not here just for this purpose? To debate things like this? Coming here and comparing classes is what it’s for.

What were you debating Wet? What exactly were you comparing?

The comment of yours that I questioned had nothing to do with a comparison. You truly seem bothered by the fact that Texas had a few guys get higher ratings. As I've said before, it really seems to bother you personally anytime anything positive happens for Texas. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, WETSU said:

That is absolutely false. You don’t have a clue about recruiting. Give me 5 examples of high end players that no other respectable program offered simply because they were interested or committed to a certain school. You won’t be able to because that’s nonsense. 

Absolutely false???  Weren’t you the one advising others not to speak in absolutes?!?!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

You truly seem bothered by the fact that Texas had a few guys get higher ratings. As I've said before, it really seems to bother you personally anytime anything positive happens for Texas. 

You have to understand that the Texas season didn't go the way they were predicting/hoping it would and the Georgia win really broke them down.  The whole month of December aggie boards were filled with topic after topic talking about how Georgia would "destroy the sips", "Georgia will show them what big boy SEC football is about"  "Texas is soft", and on and on.  Nick was laughing when some on here said Texas matches up with Georgia and wetsu said Texas's front 7 would be like a JV compared to what Georgia had faced in the great SEC.

Deep down they know what this means going forward into this year as far as recruiting and such.  All these 2020 guys are talking about is Texas.

They fact they have a top 5 class and instead of enjoying it all that's being talked about is Texas's class and crying about a few guys that got bumps

You'll continue to see this kind of stuff going forward, hell I've already seen screen shots of them saying "just wait until September, LSU will destroy them and they'll see what SEC is all about!  Georgia wasn't interested in that game!"  Rinse, repeat.  They bash Herman about the stuff he does and being immature but let's not forget the almighty Jimbo and the whole Winston affair, not to mention just a little over a year ago when Jimbo's little-man syndrome kicked in yelling at FSU fans to "Bring your @$$ down here and say that!"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Red90fly said:

You have to understand that the Texas season didn't go the way they were predicting/hoping it would and the Georgia win really broke them down.  The whole month of December aggie boards were filled with topic after topic talking about how Georgia would "destroy the sips", "Georgia will show them what big boy SEC football is about"  "Texas is soft", and on and on.  Nick was laughing when some on here said Texas matches up with Georgia and wetsu said Texas's front 7 would be like a JV compared to what Georgia had faced in the great SEC.

Deep down they know what this means going forward into this year as far as recruiting and such.  All these 2020 guys are talking about is Texas.

They fact they have a top 5 class and instead of enjoying it all that's being talked about is Texas's class and crying about a few guys that got bumps

You'll continue to see this kind of stuff going forward, hell I've already seen screen shots of them saying "just wait until September, LSU will destroy them and they'll see what SEC is all about!  Georgia wasn't interested in that game!"  Rinse, repeat.  They bash Herman about the stuff he does and being immature but let's not forget the almighty Jimbo and the whole Winston affair, not to mention just a little over a year ago when Jimbo's little-man syndrome kicked in yelling at FSU fans to "Bring your @$$ down here and say that!"

I believe the phrase I’ve seen most from Aggies referring to LSU playing  Texas is “going on dry”.  There must be some erotic attachment they have to that or a fantasy of some sort.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

5*, and #11 overall, 2020 CA RB Kendall Milton will visit Texas Feb. 23. 

Texas is definitely starting to put a stamp on CA.

Yeah, every D1 school in that state besides Fresno played like garbage this year (probably previous years as well)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

5*, and #11 overall, 2020 CA RB Kendall Milton will visit Texas Feb. 23. 

Texas is definitely starting to put a stamp on CA.

I hope that the LB and DL that Texas has offered in California visit at some point.  They've also offered a big 5* WR.

On 1/26/2019 at 2:42 AM, WETSU said:

are you kidding me...I did it for a living for nearly 15 years...I absolutely know what the heck I'm talking about chief... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Footwork King.  The trainer that’s been taking him everywhere.  It’s been implied he’s charging families to take them on trips, getting PWO offers, etc.....

Gotcha. I wasn't aware he had a trainer taking him on his trips. 

16 hours ago, Lobo97 said:

Derrian Brown has been hospitalized with an undisclosed health related incident. 

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I think the young man has had a stroke.  He and his family could use some prayers.

That's terrible. I pray the young man's health is restored and he makes a full recovery.