Tyler High @ Lufkin

cujoforlife

7 5A D1   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

This poll is closed to new votes

The Pillow fight is finally here! 

It’s actually kinda sad. Two programs that are just a shell of their former selves. Athletes everywhere, coaching and scheming just horrible. If Lufkin pulled that win out last night, I’d say we win this thing easily. But I’m willing to bet we come out very flat. Not just this game but the remaining afterwards. One thing this staff has showed us over and over again is that they struggle to have the kids ready to play. Especially now. They know their playoff hopes are gone. This happened last year and we got worse than we already were. This years team really had so much potential. When things are clicking, they can be good. Kedren young has to be spent. Kid broke the single game rushing record with over 300 yards last night for nothing. I’ll take the Pack in this one just because I’m a homer and I believe Cujo is that bad right now. 

Pack 35

Cujo 21 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ANTI said:

Toss up.

Bad coaching happening on both sides....

Nope Lufkin got this. Even with the terrible coaching at Lufkin. They are still 3 touchdowns better than JT. At least 2 tds better. But then again Lufkin does know how to lose a game. On the other ✋️ JT doesn't know how to win a game. You are right it's a toss up. 🤣

Edited by VonG
  • LOL! 1

7 minutes ago, VonG said:

Nope Lufkin got this. Even with the terrible coaching at Lufkin. They are still 2 touchdowns better than JT. At least 2 tds better. But then again Lufkin does know how to lose a game. On the other ✋️ JT doesn't know how to win a game. You are right it's a toss up. 🤣

How were y'all able to shut out West? Didn't expect that at all.

3 hours ago, VonG said:

Nope Lufkin got this. Even with the terrible coaching at Lufkin. They are still 2 touchdowns better than JT. At least 2 tds better. But then again Lufkin does know how to lose a game. On the other ✋️ JT doesn't know how to win a game. You are right it's a toss up. 🤣

I felt like JT had the talent advantage over Lufkin coming into the season. Still feel that way....but it's a toss up. Could see either team winning it in a mistake filled game.

20 minutes ago, gtee2 said:

The whole city of Tyler is full of athletes. I don't know ### is going on up there

Trust me it's not like it use to be. Alot has to factor into this. Quite a few school choices to choose from and kids just being plain sorry. 

21 hours ago, Mojo1000 said:

Agreed I still can’t believe they beat A&M . Hate seeing the pack like this.

Because A&M is a little overrated. And Lufkin can be good at times. We show flashes of it. We were stomping McNorth. Literally about to go up 24 points on them, fumbled at the goal line and then all heck broke loose. Idk man. Lufkins staff is a major issue. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, VonG said:

Nope Lufkin got this. Even with the terrible coaching at Lufkin. They are still 3 touchdowns better than JT. At least 2 tds better. But then again Lufkin does know how to lose a game. On the other ✋️ JT doesn't know how to win a game. You are right it's a toss up. 🤣

Honestly this game is probably gonna be a banger 🔥😂

On 10/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Mavchamp said:

Inconsistency seems to be a theme for several East Texas 5A programs this year.

SIGH.

Yes but Marshall has made a huge improvement. Whereas, Tyler High is still in the same boat that they have been in. Not being able to generate offense, and the defense not bring able to stop the run.

11 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

Yes but Marshall has made a huge improvement. Whereas, Tyler High is still in the same boat that they have been in. Not being able to generate offense, and the defense not bring able to stop the run.

Oh...we're definitely improved.  I can't argue that.  

But still maddening.  (4-4) is mediocre.  But it's frustrating because we are 1-2 plays from possibly being (5-3) and 4-5 plays from possibly being (6-2).

My hope is that we are much better than our record shows when we get to the playoffs and some folks underestimate us.

-----------------

LP and Tyler are not short on talent IMHO.  Their problems appear to be on the sidelines.... and in the administration buildings that refuse to make changes.  

Marshall can't seem to keep a coach.  LP and Tyler can't seem to get rid of them.

• Like 1