EF

Ijustwatch

2 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I don't know about 0-10 but Atlanta is a tough first week game 

Ouch!! That is a tough start...what seems to be the problem at EF?? Have they lost a lot of kids or just a down cycle?? We lived close by and followed them when they were pretty salty but that's been a while ago. I think Coach Castles was there then.

3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

That guy knew what was coming up and got out lol.

Always felt they wanted him gone. Seems like the exodus of kids happened after he left. Always thought he did a descent job 

Edited by Haymaker

Interested to see how this season goes I know the boys have lived in the weight room the past year and physically look different but the numbers are still down and lost the best athlete in the school this past spring to a tragic accident. Kids look leaner and stronger walking around so going to be a better product on field this season I think but results might not be what EF is used too in the past but I believe the boys will give it all they got. No matter what #JacketPride 

• Like 4

Shelbyville has EF for homecoming in week 3 I think? 

I know for years and years EF always gave Shelbyville fits! We were actually in the same district several different times. 

I'm sure they hold the upper hand on the all time series but I don't know what to expect this year? 

Football has changed so much it's hard to predict these days. It seems the gap has widened between the top tier teams and the middle tier. 

It seems to me once you get outside the top 30 or so the overall quality of teams has dropped a lot. 

I guess it's always been that way, but It seems more exaggerated now. 

I also believe the culture changed a lot with 4 teams making the playoffs. A lot of 2-8 or 3-7 seasons are accepted simply because the team ends up in the playoffs. It doesn't matter that they lose in the first round 83 to 0! Or 55 to 12 in the first half and the game is called. 

1 hour ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Shelbyville has EF for homecoming in week 3 I think? 

I know for years and years EF always gave Shelbyville fits! We were actually in the same district several different times. 

I'm sure they hold the upper hand on the all time series but I don't know what to expect this year? 

Football has changed so much it's hard to predict these days. It seems the gap has widened between the top tier teams and the middle tier. 

It seems to me once you get outside the top 30 or so the overall quality of teams has dropped a lot. 

I guess it's always been that way, but It seems more exaggerated now. 

I also believe the culture changed a lot with 4 teams making the playoffs. A lot of 2-8 or 3-7 seasons are accepted simply because the team ends up in the playoffs. It doesn't matter that they lose in the first round 83 to 0! Or 55 to 12 in the first half and the game is called. 

How is Shelbyville this year? What did y’all lose? What did y’all return?

27 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

They lost their top RB to Carthage. Was one of the better RBs in the district last year as a freshman. I suspect that will be a hit. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 89Falcon said:

They lost their top RB to Carthage. Was one of the better RBs in the district last year as a freshman. I suspect that will be a hit. 

Actually one of the best running backs in the state. Rushed for 1500 yards in five games. 

The kid barely even knows how to play football yet!! There is no one on any level with better balance or vision. He is very strong too and runs a legit 4.5. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeBerryJacket said:

They lost a good running back and a few good linemen. 

They have 10 Sr's that pretty much all played last year so that will help. 

They have a good quarterback/athlete and they can score. They also play good pass defense. 

I'm always very optimistic and I'm usually fairly good with predictions. I think they will surprise a few people. 

One thing that does hurt is low participation numbers and a few kids not playing that should be. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gen7Dragon said:

Actually one of the best running backs in the state. Rushed for 1500 yards in five games. 

The kid barely even knows how to play football yet!! There is no one on any level with better balance or vision. He is very strong too and runs a legit 4.5. 

Probably never play RB again. Would have loved to see what would have happened if he had stayed at SV. 

2 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Probably never play RB again. Would have loved to see what would have happened if he had stayed at SV. 

If he's as good as they say, he might. KJ Edwards will be a sophomore as well and is gonna be incredible. If that kid is as advertised....Carthage would have one of the better 1-2 tandems in Texas high school football the next 3 years. 

Just now, Eagle8 said:

If he's as good as they say, he might. KJ Edwards will be a sophomore as well and is gonna be incredible. If that kid is as advertised....Carthage would have one of the better 1-2 tandems in Texas high school football the next 3 years. 

They got another one that came from Pine Tree as well that is a freshman. 

My Son is in the 5th grade. I graduated from EF and Love it. I'm just giving you my take on things. Its an opinion not a fact.

Its not just EF its the little schools around here. Waskom wont ever be the Waskom of the last 10 years. I saw there Varsity Picture sure doesn't look the same Team Keeling Had. My father in law is from L.K and he Graduated from the in late 80's they were dominant now I saw where they have 15 kids playing. 

Kids are moving to carthage/longview/dallas/houston. The days of the small town football I feel is going down hill and its sad to me

I think my son will be a decent athlete unless something changes Im sure i will move him to carthage as well

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Eagle8 said:

10 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

They got another one that came from Pine Tree as well that is a freshman. 

Lots of job opportunities in Carthage 👀

• Like 1
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

That kid probably got his first significant workload in the game with us. It’s obvious he’s gonna be a good one. I didn’t know he transferred. 

On 8/16/2023 at 6:11 AM, 89Falcon said:

He played running back and MLB with the 1's tonight. 

The scrimmage ended early due to a fight but I'm pretty sure the young man did well. He is going to surprise some people as he really learns to play the game of football. 

Edited by Gen7Dragon