PG HAWKS at GILMER BUCKEYES

HawkNation12

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Man ain’t nobody in this Region beating them 

Maybe, and I mean Maybe in the Region, they don't get beat. But I don't see them going all the way this year.

If Gilmer had a mediocre defense, they would have a dang good shot at beating PG and Carthage and going all the way. Unfortunately, Gilmer has NO defense and the coaches are not doing their jobs, and I don't care what some other critics say when they blame the kids instead of the coaches.  

We will see on Friday.

I think PG will run all over Gilmer and beat them. Then I think PG will play Carthage in round 3 and win in a tough game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BlackShirtD said:

How did PG get this sched with the success they have had?   Not a very tough schedule.   

being up in the far north east corner of the state makes it hard to find games would be my guess … playing at home I would assume Gilmer will be up for it. Johnson at QB for Pg will be tough to stop tho. 

53 minutes ago, metalhead10 said:

Maybe, and I mean Maybe in the Region, they don't get beat. But I don't see them going all the way this year.

If Gilmer had a mediocre defense, they would have a dang good shot at beating PG and Carthage and going all the way. Unfortunately, Gilmer has NO defense and the coaches are not doing their jobs, and I don't care what some other critics say when they blame the kids instead of the coaches.  

We will see on Friday.

I think PG will run all over Gilmer and beat them. Then I think PG will play Carthage in round 3 and win in a tough game.

You just in your feelings because u can’t have seen PG play to think they will beat Carthage 

11 minutes ago, RogerDorn said:

being up in the far north east corner of the state makes it hard to find games would be my guess … playing at home I would assume Gilmer will be up for it. Johnson at QB for Pg will be tough to stop tho. 

Go look at Johnson numbers and look at Tennison numbers and u tell me 

• Like 1

Just now, Sportsguru02 said:

Go look at Johnson numbers and look at Tennison numbers and u tell me 

he’s a good player . I think they both could show out…Gilmer giving up the amount of points they have has me thinking Johnson for PG will be a problem again this week. 

9 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

We will see on Friday.

Well I disagree on PG beating Carthage in the 3RD round but time will tell. 

23 hours ago, Lion7000 said:

Didn’t realize Brock was down this year like that. Christian usually better than that but Gilmer has faced some hard hitters. I picked Pg but should be a good match.

Brock has lost to PG, Wimberley, and Gunter. I believe back to back to back weeks, I think they will be just fine. Just a gantlet of a schedule to start the year. 

Heck, I'm just praying the coaching staff finds a way to get players in a position to get stops.  No arm tackling, and it will take lots of players flying toward the ball carrier to get the stops we will need to win.  If we can force PG to play at our pace we have a solid chance at beating them.  If we play at PG's pace we will have to score on every possession.  PG normally "hawks" the ball, taking the air out of it, so their pace can keep our offense from getting into a rhythm.  The thing that bothers me tremendously is we are susceptible defensively to the RPO type of offense, and that is PG in a nutshell.

I just don't understand how one year would make this extreme of a difference in our defense.  Losing six starters definitely doesn't help, but I know we have the talent.

The good news is that we make up for our shortcomings by being younger, smaller, slower, can't fight off blocks, miss gap assignments, and can't get penetration.  Good news....., for PG that is.

It's hard to tell right now, but we do seem to be getting better.  Whether it will be enough yet is up in the air at this point.

Do I think we can beat PG?  Absolutely.  We will really have to be disciplined and fired up in all phases of the game.  Being a homer, I will take Gilmer for the win, 36-28.

I don't see this game being a low scoring game at all. I see a 40-50 something type of game with whoever gets the crucial turnovers will win. Gilmer usually finds a way somehow to get a turnover at the right time of the game to pull ahead. Since PG is running the spread this year, it will be interesting to see the matchup. I'm rooting for Gilmer and Friday can not get here fast enough. For the PG fans, how is their depth compared to Gilmer?

2 hours ago, SportsFan1984 said:

I don't see this game being a low scoring game at all. I see a 40-50 something type of game with whoever gets the crucial turnovers will win. Gilmer usually finds a way somehow to get a turnover at the right time of the game to pull ahead. Since PG is running the spread this year, it will be interesting to see the matchup. I'm rooting for Gilmer and Friday can not get here fast enough. For the PG fans, how is their depth compared to Gilmer?

Most of pg goes both ways if they don't is huge drop off

• Like 1

12 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

Heck, I'm just praying the coaching staff finds a way to get players in a position to get stops.  No arm tackling, and it will take lots of players flying toward the ball carrier to get the stops we will need to win.  If we can force PG to play at our pace we have a solid chance at beating them.  If we play at PG's pace we will have to score on every possession.  PG normally "hawks" the ball, taking the air out of it, so their pace can keep our offense from getting into a rhythm.  The thing that bothers me tremendously is we are susceptible defensively to the RPO type of offense, and that is PG in a nutshell.

I just don't understand how one year would make this extreme of a difference in our defense.  Losing six starters definitely doesn't help, but I know we have the talent.

The good news is that we make up for our shortcomings by being younger, smaller, slower, can't fight off blocks, miss gap assignments, and can't get penetration.  Good news....., for PG that is.

It's hard to tell right now, but we do seem to be getting better.  Whether it will be enough yet is up in the air at this point.

Do I think we can beat PG?  Absolutely.  We will really have to be disciplined and fired up in all phases of the game.  Being a homer, I will take Gilmer for the win, 36-28.

I know Tennison is great, but I've seen both and Johnson will likely be a defensive back at next level. He's the best qb in East Texas and I know surratt at Carthage is great. The difference is PG has good receivers, Gilmer great receivers and Carthage has great receivers. I'll pick PG in a close game. Fellows I live a 100 miles from Texarkana.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Texlov said:

I know Tennison is great, but I've seen both and Johnson will likely be a defensive back at next level. He's the best qb in East Texas and I know surratt at Carthage is great. The difference is PG has good receivers, Gilmer great receivers and Carthage has great receivers. I'll pick PG in a close game. Fellows I live a 100 miles from Texarkana.

I disagree respectfully about him being the best QB in ET. I think he’s a great athlete that makes things happen when the play breaks down but doesn’t throw with great accuracy. 

12 hours ago, Texlov said:

I wouldn't call Surratt great...yet.  He has to prove it.