STATE SEMIFINAL: Daingerfield vs Tidehaven Thursday 7 PM @ Randall Reed Stadium in New Caney

TigerBlue09

Daingerfield vs. Tidehaven   

88 members have voted

1. 1. Semifinal

This poll is closed to new votes

I have watched the Tidehaven vs Poth game a couple of times and I still do not know how Tidehaven won.  It was as if Poth got two scores up and quit running their offense and tried to hold on.  I do believe that if you hit the running back in the mouth every time and keep the QB from running on the back side that it will make them have to pass the ball and that will be the kiss of death.  Just like the last two running backs if he finds the middle clogged up he starts to bounce it quickly.  With the defense we have played the last two games he will have a hard time getting outside.  Poth had a lot of opportunities to throw the ball with open receivers every where but the QB was very inaccurate.  Tidehaven has a couple of very good defensive lineman and number 40 at line backer is a beast so running inside on a consistent basis is going to be tough.  The kicker goes endzone on his kickoffs.  They like short passes unless they can sneak the running back out on the wheel route.  All in all I think that if #8, the Daingerfield field general plays like he did last week along with the rest of the defense Tidehaven will have a tough time scoring more then the 21 that Newton scored, and I think that if the Daingerfield QB plays like he did last week and running backs stay in beast mode like they were last week and we cut down on the stupid penalties Daingerfield should score at least 35.  28-35 to 14 Daingerfield or 21 if Tidehaven scores a late TD.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, wildtigers said:

I have watched the Tidehaven vs Poth game a couple of times and I still do not know how Tidehaven won.  It was as if Poth got two scores up and quit running their offense and tried to hold on.  I do believe that if you hit the running back in the mouth every time and keep the QB from running on the back side that it will make them have to pass the ball and that will be the kiss of death.  Just like the last two running backs if he finds the middle clogged up he starts to bounce it quickly.  With the defense we have played the last two games he will have a hard time getting outside.  Poth had a lot of opportunities to throw the ball with open receivers every where but the QB was very inaccurate.  Tidehaven has a couple of very good defensive lineman and number 40 at line backer is a beast so running inside on a consistent basis is going to be tough.  The kicker goes endzone on his kickoffs.  They like short passes unless they can sneak the running back out on the wheel route.  All in all I think that if #8, the Daingerfield field general plays like he did last week along with the rest of the defense Tidehaven will have a tough time scoring more then the 21 that Newton scored, and I think that if the Daingerfield QB plays like he did last week and running backs stay in beast mode like they were last week and we cut down on the stupid penalties Daingerfield should score at least 35.  28-35 to 14 Daingerfield or 21 if Tidehaven scores a late TD.

Yeah exactly; from the bits and pieces I saw on various highlights from both, it seemed as if Poth was playing with no linebackers because they could NEVER be found, and if they made a play, it was 8-15yds down the field. I KNOW we got linebackers ready to make plays in space, and we got the DL to get after Tidehaven, especially when they want to run that QB counter 👀

1 hour ago, MuleSlicks said:

Getting ready to head South.  Got me a suite at Best Western. Will Rest up a while before game. Watch them Blue Tigers put an TobinFrost whooping on Tide Haven. Then spend the night hopefully sleeping before driving north.

Safe travels to you and all those making the trip! Go 🐅 s!

41 minutes ago, dfield68,83,85,08,09,10 said:

I hope a lot of people show up for us. I know a 💩ton of people going to be streaming it. All Canadian and Gunter fans. Tidehaven looks like they travel deep and they don't have but a two hour drive compared to our 3 1/2.

I think the Tigers fans will be deep tonight.

👀🐅