How'd your team look

Eagleborn

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this much if WO just gets decent defensive play this yr we will win a ton of games because our offense is very explosive. Our new DC only has been here a couple of months..He is a good one so I expect the Roughneck defense to really improve as the season goes on. WO's coaching staff is top notch. Gonna be a fun ride.

Pleasant Grove put a pretty good whooping on L-K...............L-K could not move the ball at all on P.G................L-K's defense did very well for a small 2A vs. 3A during the controlled scrimmage............During the "semi" live quarter, PG's offense moved the ball fairly well/fairly easy-----being a homer, I will say that L-K's defense got tired

I know this much if WO just gets decent defensive play this yr we will win a ton of games because our offense is very explosive. Our new DC only has been here a couple of months..He is a good one so I expect the Roughneck defense to really improve as the season goes on. WO's coaching staff is top notch. Gonna be a fun ride.

You're right. Weapons are all over the field for the necks with one of their main ones being hurt in Nichols. Good first scrimmage.

Spring Hill looked terrible. Mostly because of learning a new complex offense. Flex bone I think.

Secondary needs to learn how to tackle.

Troup looked really good. Line and backs looked great. Defense fast and aggressive. Some breakdowns in coverage. They could win their district.

Spring Hill looked terrible. Mostly because of learning a new complex offense. Flex bone I think.

Troup looked really good. Line and backs looked great. Defense fast and aggressive. Some breakdowns in coverage. They could win their district.

Naaaaw

If Spring Hill looked so bad, how can you tell how good Troup looked. Could it be that Spring Hill was just so bad that Troup looked good, or Troup just looked so good that it made Spring Hill look bad?

Over Tatum and White Oak? I dunno about all that. Time will tell, though.

Overton looked pretty rough today against a mediocre Hawkins squad... saw way too many blown assignments and mental errors on defense. Offense showed some serious potential (especially in the passing game) but line play was inconsistent.

Of course, it's still waaay early and I'm confident that next week's scrimmages with West Rusk/Grapeland will be a much better barometer of where this team stands.

If Spring Hill looked so bad, how can you tell how good Troup looked. Could it be that Spring Hill was just so bad that Troup looked good, or Troup just looked so good that it made Spring Hill look bad?

Oh Troup IS good. Probably will be better than they have been in 5 years.

Joaquin offense looked really good, especially the running game. Wyatt Hairgrove 2 carries, 60 & 63 yd tds. Run D looked pretty good also. Pass D still needs a little work. Some kids in new positions in the secondary, still learning coverage responsibilities.

It seems strange watching Garrison line up in the spread and sling it around, but their kids are picking it up nicely. They completed about 10 passes, 2 for tds.

Their D needs to tackle better. Saw several Rams run through some arm tackles.