#4 Kilgore (8-1) (5-0) vs #8 Chapel Hill (8-1) (4-1)

WhoamI97539

Kilgore @ CH  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this top 10 week 11 showdown

• Kilgore
    • Chapel Hill

This poll is closed to new votes

The  Lindale lost  kinda  of send Chapel Hill back a little bit before the season even started I had this game as  the district championship game last week  the regular season going into the playoffs I pray nobody gets hurt this week this is going to be a battle the team that doesn't turn the ball over a whole lot and don't commit dumb penalties and Dosnt  make mistakes will win this game.

Edited by Coach ETX 1991

50 minutes ago, Coach ETX 1991 said:

The  Lindale lost  kinda  of send Chapel Himm  back a little bit before the season even started I had this game as  the district championship game last week  the regular season going into the playoffs I pray nobody gets hurt this week this is going to be a battle the team that doesn't turn the ball over a whole lot and don't commit dumb penalties and Dosnt  make mistakes will win this game.

Uh-oh. You mentioned the Tyler chapel hill Achilles heel - dumb knucklehead penalties. 

59 minutes ago, Coach ETX 1991 said:

The  Lindale lost  kinda  of send Chapel Himm  back a little bit before the season even started I had this game as  the district championship game last week  the regular season going into the playoffs I pray nobody gets hurt this week this is going to be a battle the team that doesn't turn the ball over a whole lot and don't commit dumb penalties and Dosnt  make mistakes will win this game.

3 or 4 of Ricky’s long runs today were called back with holding. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. I had hoped it would get better at this point in the season. This week every yard needs to count. 

I’m predicting a great game that could go either way depending on smart discipline play especially by CH. 

6 minutes ago, JugLine said:

3 or 4 of Ricky’s long runs today were called back with holding. Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. I had hoped it would get better at this point in the season. This week every yard needs to count. 

I’m predicting a great game that could go either way depending on smart discipline play especially by CH. 

I agree 100% with that sentiment. TCH hurts themselves a lot. 2nd half today they cleaned itup some & got a lead. 

2 hours ago, JugLine said:

The issue I see for Chapel Hill, as high scoring as their offense is.... is that it's pretty much all Ricky.

• Like 2
  • SMH 1

19 hours ago, Aggie98 said:

The issue I see for Chapel Hill, as high scoring as their offense is.... is that it's pretty much all Ricky.

Brisbon has about 2000 total yards passing and rushing. However, I would like to see more balance with the passing game. We will need some plays in the passing game in order to beat Kilgore. We have 2 really good receivers in #0 and #8....just gotta get the balls in their hands. Time will tell....if the past is an indicator then it should be a good one. 

Edited by CHDog77

40 minutes ago, Bulldogs12 said:

I don’t see CH winning by passing on Kilgore. CH didn’t look too sharp vs Athens. I didn’t see the Kilgore vs Athens game. I’m with others, Ricky is the stud on the team. You won’t stop him, but slowing him down some is the key to winning. 

Not to mention Kilgore’s pass defense is absolutely insane. I honestly think Kilgore will just be too much for CH this year

• Like 1

I know Lindale got the best of CH, but I’m still not sure how Kilgore is now the big favorite according to everyone now. 

Yes, we are a great team this year. But just a few weeks ago Chapel Hill had their name on the trophy and we supposedly weren’t on their level… CH homers words, not mine…. What’s changed?

I still think it’ll be a slobberknocker like the last several matchups 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JR88 said:

I know Lindale got the best of CH, but I’m still not sure how Kilgore is now the big favorite according to everyone now. 

Yes, we are a great team this year. But just a few weeks ago Chapel Hill had their name on the trophy and we supposedly weren’t on their level… CH homers words, not mine…. What’s changed?

It’s because of that loss to Lindale. Before that everyone thought of CH as almost unbeatable but Lindale showed they have a weak spot. And since Kilgore absolutely demolished Lindale it only makes since to think Kilgore should win this one. Not saying CH won’t put up a heck of a fight but I think Kilgore will be too much

7 minutes ago, JR88 said:

I agree. Think it’s a great game. But Kilgore just too much in the end. 

What Lindale did to CH is concerning!  Athens attempted it, and it seemed to work in the 1st quarter.  Then CH figured it out.  Dont think Athens RB and QB are as talented as Kilgore.  
CH has to get rid of the holding calls.  I swear, there must be like 5 or 6 TD's called back the past 2 games.  

• Like 1

I know this game has been circled for a long time for both teams. I will use a Lee Corso line "throw the records out the window" This is a Hatfield and McCoy battle. Everything up to this point doesn't matter, I still think Kilgore wind but I expect close and low scoring.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, jamonit said:

What Lindale did to CH is concerning!  Athens attempted it, and it seemed to work in the 1st quarter.  Then CH figured it out.  Dont think Athens RB and QB are as talented as Kilgore.  
CH has to get rid of the holding calls.  I swear, there must be like 5 or 6 TD's called back the past 2 games.  

Usually holding is the reason the TD was scored in the first place…. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2