Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30

Wild74

Waskom vs Idalou at Mineral Wells Friday at 7:30  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Idalou's Grind It Out Offense Vs Waskom's Defense who takes it

for the majority on this site, I heard nothing but class, I stand firm on my opinion about waskom. Their style of football works because of the amazing athletes they have . Good luck to your coach when returns next season, back to 14-0 seasons

How did that last part get changed?

no I would rather stay up and talk to east Texas hicks like you....son, and remember your pathetic life will still be there after next Thursday

Lol this dude is a wanna be biker I'm sure. His life is amazing and no one from Waskom could have a good life lol. Congratulations on a great year Idalou. Roadking you're a #### bag. You're lucky you didn't swallow your dentures tonight.

no I would rather stay up and talk to east Texas hicks like you....son, and remember your pathetic life will still be there after next Thursday

Well I understand that you would like to stay up and chat, but your Mom will spank that ,,,,, and yes I will still be here after next Thursday as I Love ole East Texas....Good Night JR.

for the majority on this site, I heard nothing but classless BS, I stand firm on my opinion about waskom. Their style of football only works because of the amazing athletes they have right now. Good luck to your coach when he doesn't have it, back to 1-9 seasons

You need to take some lessons from your team, coaches, and some o the families that I spoke with tonight. Well mannered, respectful, and very classy. My hat is off to the Idalou team they left everything on field as did Waskom. Congrats to both teams for a great game and great sportsmanship.

for the majority on this site, I heard nothing but classless BS, I stand firm on my opinion about waskom. Their style of football only works because of the amazing athletes they have right now. Good luck to your coach when he doesn't have it, back to 1-9 seasons

Bye Felicia
  • Like 1

You obviously know nothing about football then. There are a BUNCH of teams that run the Wishbone. Most run it because they do not have great athletes and they are able to use that offense because it allows them to maximize what talent they do have.

Wow sounds like I missed a great game. Had the online feed playing in my truck and just as waskom was kicking off for the final time I lost my feed. Couldn't believe it. Sorry to hear the shilling kid was hurt hopefully it wasn't anything too bad. They didn't say a whole lot about it before I lost the feed. Sounds like waskom came out of this one with some bumps and bruises. Hopefully those kids can get healthy before Thursday. Great season idalou and waskom Wildcats, See yall in Houston.

Hats off to the Idalou Wildcats. Sloppy play on our part really made it close. SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA I guess you could say, two fumbles on what ordinarily would have been scoring drives took at least 14 points off the scoreboard that would have been in Waskoms favor. That's the game of football though. Difference in the game and reason it was close was the play of the Idalou offensive line. Those hosses got out there and ran interference biggest part of the night. Congrats to #21 of Waskom, Mike "Gimme a" Reason. Mike made several key stops in the backfield on the sweeps that single handedly stopped the momentum swing that was headed in Idalous favor.Believe it was #8 that caught Logans halfback pass that kept the game winning drive going. Almost the exact spot on the field that he dropped a pass earlier in the game. Chan "Da Man" Amie came through as usual, close to 2400 yards on the season I believe. Good game Cats, from both teams. Look out H-Town, here we come.

Hats off to the Idalou Wildcats. Sloppy play on our part really made it close. SHOULDA WOULDA COULDA I guess you could say, two fumbles on what ordinarily would have been scoring drives took at least 14 points off the scoreboard that would have been in Waskoms favor. That's the game of football though. Difference in the game and reason it was close was the play of the Idalou offensive line. Those hosses got out there and ran interference biggest part of the night. Congrats to #21 of Waskom, Mike "Gimme a" Reason. Mike made several key stops in the backfield on the sweeps that single handedly stopped the momentum swing that was headed in Idalous favor.Believe it was #8 that caught Logans halfback pass that kept the game winning drive going. Almost the exact spot on the field that he dropped a pass earlier in the game. Chan "Da Man" Amie came through as usual, close to 2400 yards on the season I believe. Good game Cats, from both teams. Look out H-Town, here we come.

Just a few thoughts from the old guy in Idalou. I'm sure we saw the state championship game tonight. My hats off to the Waskom team. The folks there tonight were priviledged to see what small town Texas football shold be. Two teams from 500 miles apart playing their hearts out for the school they attend. Both teams extremely well coached and prepared. Great athletes on both teams. A game where a little break here or there changes the winner. The one pass Waskcom completed was a killer, well defended but your guy came down with it. We were stopped with a first and goal at the three. We get seven instead of three, all else being equal the game would have gone into overtime. This game had five lead changes! Folks, it doesn't get any better than that! We could talk all night about what woulda, coulda ,shoulda for both teams, sure I'm dissappointed we won't be playing next week but our kids left it all on the field as did the Waskom team. This was a contest that it's a shame that there had to be a loser. Both these teams are winners extraordinaire. But one more thing, not only was this a hard hitting ballgame but it was cleanly played by both teams. Your guys helping our guys up snd vice versa and then go back and try to smash him again. One of the things that irritates this old geezer more than anything in today's athletics is the jump up after a TD or just good play and start some assinine celebration that mainly says "look at me"! Folks, I didn't see that tonight on either side. There's been some talk about class or lack thereof on this forum, but for those of us there tonight we saw real CLASS on the field tonight. It is so refreshing to see that for a change! Good luck to the Waskcom team next week. I'm dure you'll get your back to back championships!

• Like 5

Just a few thoughts from the old guy in Idalou. I'm sure we saw the state championship game tonight. My hats off to the Waskom team. The folks there tonight were priviledged to see what small town Texas football shold be. Two teams from 500 miles apart playing their hearts out for the school they attend. Both teams extremely well coached and prepared. Great athletes on both teams. A game where a little break here or there changes the winner. The one pass Waskcom completed was a killer, well defended but your guy came down with it. We were stopped with a first and goal at the three. We get seven instead of three, all else being equal the game would have gone into overtime. This game had five lead changes! Folks, it doesn't get any better than that! We could talk all night about what woulda, coulda ,shoulda for both teams, sure I'm dissappointed we won't be playing next week but our kids left it all on the field as did the Waskom team. This was a contest that it's a shame that there had to be a loser. Both these teams are winners extraordinaire. But one more thing, not only was this a hard hitting ballgame but it was cleanly played by both teams. Your guys helping our guys up snd vice versa and then go back and try to smash him again. One of the things that irritates this old geezer more than anything in today's athletics is the jump up after a TD or just good play and start some assinine celebration that mainly says "look at me"! Folks, I didn't see that tonight on either side. There's been some talk about class or lack thereof on this forum, but for those of us there tonight we saw real CLASS on the field tonight. It is so refreshing to see that for a change! Good luck to the Waskcom team next week. I'm dure you'll get your back to back championships!

+100

your a fool around f you think the state championship was last night. Sorry. Franklin will beat Waskom.

Agree 100%

Well said ... I was at the State Championship game Idalou won a few years back ... great community and great team!

Idalou was in your face saying stop this power pitch left or right and we got whipped pretty good as their lineman blocked extremely well. Idalou played almost a mistake free game while Waskom turned the ball over twice on fumbles one of those was a killer on the two yard line. Hats off to Idalou the game was always on the line

Proud to share that Mascot with you guys.

your a fool around f you think the state championship was last night. Sorry. Franklin will beat Waskom.

Maybe so jj but we are 1 of 2 teams left standing. Theres no shame in that. Quit being a butt hurt cry baby. We beat arp not once but twice. If arp was moving on waskom would be in arps corner cheering for one of our district 8 teams. It makes you look like a pouting 2 year old who didnt get their way.

• Like 1