Joaquin @ Beckville

Lambo

Joaquin @ Beckville   

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???

This poll is closed to new votes

Too close to call. On one hand the Bearcats scored 13 points on maybe the best 2A team in the state. On the other hand Joe scoredt 6 on a team picked fourth in a class 3A district. On the other hand Bussey was out and on yet another hand this will in effect be a home game now for the Bearcats. Guess I am gonna go with the blue and white.

Edited by Doomer

9 minutes ago, Doomer said:

Too close to call. On one hand the Bearcats scored 13 points on maybe the best 2A team in the state. On the other hand Joe scoredt 6 on a team picked fourth in a class 3A district. On the other hand Bussey was out and on yet another hand this will in effect be a home game now for the Bearcats. Guess I am gonna go with the blue and white.

I think it’s safe to say there won’t be any “scorefest” going on with this one by either team.  I see a defensive battle.  First one to 28 wins.

• Thanks 1

Hopefully we can get a win. I am hoping for a different game plan but expect to see same ol show. I think we will win just because we are better than Joaquin this year. I think they lost a lot with their seniors last year. May be wrong though. After last week nothing will surprise me. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bearcat1981 said:

Hopefully we can get a win. I am hoping for a different game plan but expect to see same ol show. I think we will win just because we are better than Joaquin this year. I think they lost a lot with their seniors last year. May be wrong though. After last week nothing will surprise me. 

Definitely lost a lot. Whole oline gone. I have so much faith in Wade Lawson and Co but when you got youngens you're gonna take a few whippins.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lambo said:

Definitely lost a lot. Whole oline gone. I have so much faith in Wade Lawson and Co but when you got youngens you're gonna take a few whippins.

Exactly why I was not surprised the Rams had a difficult time in the first game. 
I basically said the same thing about our Bulldogs going into the game at Kilgore.  I said it’ll be a really close game, and the final score was 30-27.

Jett threw three interceptions, one not his fault, but that doesn’t mean he’s not going to be a great quarterback. 

You don’t lose so many of your key players from one season to the next and expect to be just as good right off the bat, things take time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Exactly why I was not surprised the Rams had a difficult time in the first game. 
I basically said the same thing about our Bulldogs going into the game at Kilgore.  I said it’ll be a really close game, and the final score was 30-27.

Jett threw three interceptions, one not his fault, but that doesn’t mean he’s not going to be a great quarterback. 

You don’t lose so many of your key players from one season to the next and expect to be just as good right off the bat, things take time. 

You are pretty much spot on about Joaquin, but there’s another factor: basically all 9 opponents on the schedule SHOULD be better this year than they were last year. I do believe that this group of kids is willing to do what it takes to prepare to win. How long it takes before they all come together and play as a team and eliminate the mental mistakes that cost them the Arp game is a mystery. They have quite possibly the two biggest district games on the schedule in weeks 5 and 6, so these next three weeks are going to be key. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 8/28/2023 at 4:50 PM, Bearcat1981 said:

B'Cats gon eat. We struggled last week but the Bears are gon give everybody they play fits this year.

On paper Rams are a clear underdog. Even in reality they are still an underdog. But on paper is not where the game is played….. Interested to see how the Rams compete against a top team in their division…. Also wanna see if Bville can regain their form from a year ago since they returned basically their entire team…. Ultimately it’s a chance for both to improve and get back in the winner’s circle.

1 hour ago, Lambo said:

GameDay. Prayers for no injuries for both squads. If Joaquin can buckle down up front I feel like they win this one. Is that a big if? We'll see.  Go Rams.

Sometimes ya gotta get whooped a couple times before ya get mad enough to turn that wolf loose and let him eat.. Early dont really matter, it's district that counts.. This one could possibly go either way, I'll take the rams by 2.and if I'm wrong so be it ✌️

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2023 at 3:02 PM, Doomer said:

That’s a lot of hands.😂

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Yes. You can catch it on KGAS 104.3 with two guys who sound like they auditioned for and were rejected for the role of the radio guys in Varsity Blues, or KQBB 100.5 with the legendary Don Wall. 

No video stream?