STATE FINAL 4AD2 - Gilmer vs Bellville

kingwolf

Gilmer vs Bellville  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got??

This poll is closed to new votes

18 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

Nick Saban says Gilmer has not seen DL “just like him all year”. 

Would love to hear which DL you think is “just like him”? 

It depends on which play we are looking at.  When he decides to give maximum effort, he is tough to block and would require a double.  When he gives half effort, both Gilmer OT’s can block him man up.

2 minutes ago, Blimblat said:

Does #99 from Bellville play offense and special teams as well? I bet he's also the DC & OC, right?

No, got some more dudes. Gilmer defense is going to get them coming straight away on every play. No vertical set pass defense, just OL and RBs coming every play. 

I am not sure if you recall but Bellville has the #1 offense and #1 defense in the state. You could say it has been a collective effort by the whole team.

2 minutes ago, 89Falcon said:

No, got some more dudes. Gilmer defense is going to get them coming straight away on every play. No vertical set pass defense, just OL and RBs coming every play. 

I am not sure if you recall but Bellville has the #1 offense and #1 defense in the state. You could say it has been a collective effort by the whole team.

Yeah man we got it. #1 offense, #1 defense and the #1 rated player in Texas HS football 1A-6A.

• Like 2

I think it’s fair to mention that the Silsbee All-World player Dre’lon Miller almost didn’t play because of an injury and was pretty much a non-factor. Not sure how much of that was pain or how much was Bellville but one of the states best athletes being less than 100% definitely played a roll. 

3 minutes ago, poisoned10 said:

I think it’s fair to mention that the Silsbee All-World player Dre’lon Miller almost didn’t play because of an injury and was pretty much a non-factor. Not sure how much of that was pain or how much was Bellville but one of the states best athletes being less than 100% definitely played a roll. 

That’s definitely fair to say…… He was healthy enough to take some direct snaps from the wildcat though so I’m not sure how hurt he was but I agree he wasn’t 100%… but it kinda didn’t matter because the Bellville defense was blowing up the offensive line and their QB didn’t have time to throw anyways. The Silsbee RB who is committed to Rice didn’t do anything either… but the lack luster Silsbee O line was a good bit to blame for that.

13 hours ago, 89Falcon said:

Understood, most DL do not lead teams in tackles. It will always be LBs and S that lead teams in tackles. 

Nick Saban has him ranked high.

Funny, we have two DL in the top 5 on our defense…. Maybe they should be “ RaNkED nUmBeR OnE in TeXaS”. Hahahaha

I watched the 1st half of the Silsbee game and it was obvious #1 was not part of their original game plan. Very few targets and very few rushing opportunities. On top of that the Silsbee QB was off on several throws by what looked like 5 yards. 

In my very non-professional opinion, the Silsbee game plan was awful and the execution was even worse. Their offense left their defense in terrible situations and Belleville was able to keep things simple. 

I saw some things out of Bellville’s defense that I think Gilmer can take advantage of. I think Gilmer will be able to score some points. The biggest question is how many stops Gilmer’s defense can get?