🤘🏻 Texas Longhorns 2024 🤘🏻

Just now, thegreatbambino said:

Just wait for Harbaugh to leave, then maybe some will hit the portal. 😂 

That is the best shot right now. 

I think all of the instant impact guys from Michigan will be going to the NFL though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

That is the best shot right now. 

I think all of the instant impact guys from Michigan will be going to the NFL though.

It’s going to be tough to replace what Texas lost, so hopefully the pass rusher improves and the secondary gets a lot better to help mask the lack of beef up front.

3 minutes ago, thegreatbambino said:

It’s going to be tough to replace what Texas lost, so hopefully the pass rusher improves and the secondary gets a lot better to help mask the lack of beef up front.

That's what everyone thought after 2022.

1 hour ago, Baron said:

I know, but it is a need. Hopefully some of the younger DT's step up.

Portal DT from Arizona is currently on a visit.  This one probably gets locked up this weekend.  Committed to UCLA when Nansen recruited him and followed him to Arizona.  21 tackles, 1.5 sacks this past year.

12247637.jpeg

Edited by Red90fly

T. (I'm not even going to attempt to spell his name) Savea signed with Texas out of the portal. At 6' 4" 305 lbs. with 3 years experience he is a good depth player.

Texas has hired Kenny Baker. A defensive assistant from the Miami Dolphins as its new DL coach. He's pretty much unknown, but seems to be a rising star in the coaching ranks according to some.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2024 at 6:47 PM, Baron said:

Texas has hired Kenny Baker. A defensive assistant from the Miami Dolphins as its new DL coach. He's pretty much unknown, but seems to be a rising star in the coaching ranks according to some.

I don't know much about him, but I'll trust Sark.

• 3 weeks later...

Not football related but the softball team went 5-0 over their opening weekend. 2 of those wins came over #8 UCLA, a 3-2 victory Friday night and a 16-1 win Saturday. With the new rankings out they moved up 3 spots to #2. 

Baseball gets going this weekend hosting San Diego. 

• Like 2

On 2/20/2024 at 7:12 PM, JustAFan11 said:

This is the kid that signed with Texas in December and asked to be released from his LOI after Bo Davis left for LSU. image.png

Bo Davis was the driving force for Robinson to commit to Texas over Florida. I can't blame the kid and good for him, taking care of his mother.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 7:48 PM, Baron said:

Bo Davis was the driving force for Robinson to commit to Texas over Florida. I can't blame the kid and good for him, taking care of his mother.

Completely agree, no problem with it. Just wish Texas could’ve given the same deal. 

7 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Completely agree, no problem with it. Just wish Texas could’ve given the same deal. 

I’m fairly certain Texas could’ve given the same deal. He didn’t back out of his Texas commitment because of NIL, but solely because Bo Davis left. 

• Like 2

On 2/25/2024 at 7:39 PM, Lobo97 said:

I’m fairly certain Texas could’ve given the same deal. He didn’t back out of his Texas commitment because of NIL, but solely because Bo Davis left. 

Someone at On Texas Football said he was iffy before Bo Davis left.

42 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

Xavier Worthy sets the NFL combine record in the 40, running a 4.21

Amazing time for him. I figured he’d be 4.3s. 4.21 is a ridiculous time. 

• Like 1

Murphy solidified his top thirty ranking. Did X-man and/or AD jump into the first round?

My guess is one but not the other. Worthy has a diminutive frame but the forty time elevates him. Just not enough in my opinion. AD Mitchell ran a 4.34 is 6'2" and has a history of big plays. Houston, Buffalo or KC?

37 minutes ago, Baron said:

Murphy solidified his top thirty ranking. Did X-man and/or AD jump into the first round?

My guess is one but not the other. Worthy has a diminutive frame but the forty time elevates him. Just not enough in my opinion. AD Mitchell ran a 4.34 is 6'2" and has a history of big plays. Houston, Buffalo or KC?

I could see Worthy going to KC.

Lot of big time recruits around the country visiting the next two months and setting up OV's.