Longhorns 2019 Thread

JustAFan11

15 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

they won't even make the NCAA tournament this year...pretty serious...pretty bad...some disgusting losses

Meh.. they are injured and very young. He got us to the CWS last year so I'm not gonna throw in the towel on him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, eagle34 said:

I'm sure he figured that out when he ran the 4.75 at the combine after losing weight. I would be surprised if he gets drafted. 

All these young guys have dreams of playing and getting paid.  They need to look realistically at their decisions instead.  Yea you can sign quicker if you leave early.  But to leave early with one season of film and stats is really dumb.  You’d think these young guys would notice when others like Malik Jefferson and Deshon Elliot leave eArly and fall down the draft board after getting feedback to stay in college.  LJH is just as stupid as they were.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

You should only leave early if you get a day 1 grade

So you should only leave early if you're a 1st rd pick? Disagree. 

I would say, however, that if your grade is beyond the 3rd rd, you should not leave early. 

55 minutes ago, Lobo97 said:

So you should only leave early if you're a 1st rd pick? Disagree. 

I would say, however, that if your grade is beyond the 3rd rd, you should not leave early. 

Hard to say.  Too many have been given a round 1/2 grade and fell way down (through the years).  Those guys giving those grades are just going by the kids talent alone.  Those grades don’t always mean there’ll be a team in need of your position willing to pick you there.  Round 1 grade is the only way I think they’re a lock and should leave early.  

Don't expect many to get drafted next year either.  Brandon Jones and possibly Colin Johnson.  IDK if guys like McCullough, Duvernay, Roach, Parker Braun, and Shack would get drafted or not.

In 2 years is when you'll start to see guys go in the early rounds.

So LJH got a draft grade of middle round pick and was encouraged to go back to college.  He is an undrafted free agent.  He should feel stupid now.  I know, you’re not going to improve your speed a whole lot, but go back and work on your game and get more film for them to see.  He ran a 4.79.  I really could see him shaving that down to a mid 4.6 range.   These kids get $$ in their eyes and can’t think.  

7 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

I still think he would be a very good possession receiver  ...

Well evidently the NFL teams like their receivers to run a little faster than a 4.79 if they’re going to draft them.  He will prolly make a team but it won’t be making the money he hoped for. 

14 hours ago, eagle34 said:

Players picked from Texas Universities.           A&M -7.    Houston-3,   TCU -3, UT - 2, Baylor -1, Tech - 1, Tarleton state-1

Looks Herman did a hell of a job this year winning 10 games and beating Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

yep, if you get that solid ROUND 1 grade!!!

After reading about the signing bonuses that ufa’s get (only guaranteed money) I believe that even more.  I think Poona Ford signed for $8,000.  Had he even drafted in the 7th he’d have signed for way more than that.  Is leaving early with a low draft grade and advice to go back to school one more year worth that possibility????  

The contract signed by an UFA isn’t much less than those of the 7th round picks, but there’s a lot less guarantee to the UFA