DCTF Football Fridays app

LetsGoEagles

Clunky. In past you could drill down to from the conference to the region to the district. I understand wanting to improve the program to sell ads, etc. But if the users enjoy using the core, not sure why you are reinventing  it. After the misstep last year, it is sad to see a repeat launch issues.

Man, I just got around to really using the app again and it is atrocious. I cannot for the life of me understand what they’re trying to accomplish. After all the uproar a year ago and then having a FULL YEAR to engineer something better, this is what they settled on. I get needing to update/refresh and patch vulnerabilities. But this isn’t what that is. This is a whole new aesthetic, and it’s a bad one. Poor navigation. Clunky. Ugly design. The scores portion is so poorly conceived it looks like DCTF has unpaid interns doing their UX/UI jobs. I love DCTF, but this is a piss poor effort on their part. Two years worth of piss poor effort.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 1:56 PM, TIMRIGGINS said:

For the record, I hear your argument and agree. 300 miles was the most used part of the app for me. 

Why they screwed up the best feature of the app (near me - 300 miles) is beyond belief ....

• Like 1

For the record, I hear your argument and agree. 300 miles was the most used part of the app for me. 

Instead of reducing the functionality down to 100 miles which only gives you a few local scores, I would like to see an option to select STATEWIDE scores .... now that would be a real enhancement for people that keep up with scores statewide  .....

• Like 1
  • Prayers 1

9 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Instead of reducing the functionality down to 100 miles which only gives you a few local scores, I would like to see an option to select STATEWIDE scores .... now that would be a real enhancement for people that keep up with scores statewide  .....

I want statewide too! I want to see whats going on in West Texas

1 minute ago, bordertown said:

Folks might want to look at an app called “scorestream”. Want to support DCTF, but concerned if my rising blood pressure using their app is worth it!

That's what I use for all sports regardless. So much easier.

I emailed them and asked if they could restore the near me 300 mile scores option and possibly add a statewide scores option .... they reponded and said they would pass the requests on to the development people ....

3 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I don’t like the small window it opens when you open up an option. It only shows 2 or 3 games .... this is a really poor layout .... not to mention you can't scroll ....

What is funny is that it will scroll this morning. I don’t know if the sheer amount of traffic is bogging down their server or what. I don’t know how much they paid for the new app to be rewritten but they should definitely be seeking money back. 

17 hours ago, bordertown said:

Folks might want to look at an app called “scorestream”. I want to support DCTF, but concerned whether my rising blood pressure using their app is worth it!

I installed that last year when Football Friday tried the new format, then reinstalled FF after they went back to the old app. I think I'll try Scorestream again. Are the scores usually updated reliably on there?