Week 6: Atlanta Rabbits @ Tatum Eagles

H3llR4z0r

Rabbits VS. Eagles  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets back on track this week??

• Atlanta
    • Tatum

Still giving Tatum the benefit of the doubt. Comparing both teams on paper it's easily a Tatum victory. I am still scratching my heard @ Pittsburgh. I going to chalk it up as a bad game. Atlanta hasn't really beat a decent team yet for me too pick them.

Have you even seen both of the teams "papers"?

• Like 1

Yep, Tatum, Atlanta, Gladewater, and Spring Hill are all on the verge of a possible drop. If what I hear on Atlanta's numbers are true.... they're a for sure drop as they have less than the last cutoff number. Spring Hill is at 488 or so, Gladewater at 490ish, Tatum a bit below them. Last cutoff was 479. Will be interesting to see how much it goes up.

We all have to remember that with 5A splitting into two divisions next year, the bottom of 5A may actually go down a little bit to equal out the districts and divisions. If that happens then the bottom of 4A might actually go down a little bit also. No telling what the UIL is going to do, but it is a sad state of affairs for those of us that love East Texas football and the old rivalries.

How's that Atlanta running game been going?

Seems to be getting better each week. We now how 2 backs we will swap out. #22 King, and #8 Nelson. Nelson is a little guy, probably 5'8"ish, but he is quick. Let me see if I can find a video of him. Pretty impressed with how hard he runs for his size.

Have you even seen both of the teams "papers"?

Can assure you we have "papers" on all of the Tatum players; some of the sub-varsity we have played looked a little suspect.

They may have got held back several years or a smudge on their "papers"

And all the Tatum players all have green cards. Kelly Green True Eagle Cards.

Tatum JV won 32-22

That JV has some real solid freshmen on the team. The freshmen class is loaded. 8th grade class right behind them is even more loaded with athletes.

Tatum 7th A won 32-24

Tatum has a few good looking athletes in 7th grade highlighted by RB/LB #2 Jacoby Norris and RB/LB #30 Nick Calhoun. Atlanta 7th grade QB was probably the best athlete on the field. Kid is really fast, has good vision, and can throw a tight spiral 40-45 yards....often on the money. Just didnt have anyone that could catch it.