Week 3 Marshall @ Carthage

PantherNation2015

Who you got?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/14/2019 at 12:00 AM

3 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

@Mavchamp I have a serious question.  Do you think it’s time to scrap the current game plan and put the best Athlete at QB and read option + RPO teams to death?

At this point anything is an option. 

But it looks like we found our QB. He’s actually got the offense moving. 

Penalties and turnovers have cost us a score or two.   Credit to Carthage on that though. 

But it appears we found our guy. 

Now we got 2 weeks to make it work. 

Luckily.... No one in 9-5A is even in the zip code of Longview or Carthage. 

Last I looked...  everyone in our district was losing tonight. 

2 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

At this point anything is an option. 

But it looks like we found our QB. He’s actually got the offense moving. 

Penalties and turnovers have cost us a score or two.   Credit to Carthage on that though. 

But it appears we found our guy. 

Now we got 2 weeks to make it work. 

Luckily.... No one in 9-5A is even in the zip code of Longview or Carthage. 

Last I looked...  everyone in our district was losing tonight. 

We aren’t!!!:)

only because we take our beating tomorrow!!!:)

• LOL! 2

There is no question who the Marshall QB should be. Leave him at QB and build your offense around him. Feel bad for Marshall cause they look really good as far as personnel. Big on both sides of the line. They have some guys. 3 is a beast. Defense is good, just can’t expect them to stay on the field all night and not give up a buncha points. Get better Mavs. Will be rooting for you guys. Hope y’all figure it out and have a great season. Really hope to see you guys again next year.

I like the thought of Savion getting 2 full weeks of practice at qb, with offense catered around DeDe and Rawls. Could still have enough offense to help this defense win some games. They played tough VS two great offenses until the several offensive stalls came into effect. . It's hard going through a major qb change VS possibly 2 future State Champs in their division. 

I agree. 

Savion should get every. Single. Snap  in practice leading up to Lindale. 

Maybe stability at QB will help the O line. 

Too many weapons on offense to make this work. Maybe not like we had anticipated all summer... but effective enough to win some games. 

Defense should look much improved playing some teams not ranked in the top 4 lol. 

I sure hope things get better real quick. To this point it looks like the Mavs went backward all spring and summer. Lots of kids returned on both side of the ball but it sure doesn’t show it. Looks like coaches and players all out of sink! Not giving up on them yet but please show some improvement! Out of two freshman teams, junior varsity, and varsity, 12 games played and The freshman whites team are the winners they are 2-1. All others 0-3. Congratulations to the freshman white team!

If you didn’t see improvement tonight (when Savion was at QB) then you weren’t paying attention. 

The offense stalled most when they were switching QBs. 

The chains actually moved with him. 

Mid the offense can piece together some sustained drives, the defense will improve with less time on the field. 

Special teams are a mess. Snaps still a problem. 

Work to do. 

But I definitely saw improvement. 

8 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

If you didn’t see improvement tonight (when Savion was at QB) then you weren’t paying attention. 

The offense stalled most when they were switching QBs. 

The chains actually moved with him. 

Mid the offense can piece together some sustained drives, the defense will improve with less time on the field. 

Special teams are a mess. Snaps still a problem. 

Work to do. 

But I definitely saw improvement. 

Punt team ------ From tackle to tackle they tried to make a little contact, but did not try to block...…….The back 3 can not block 4 or 5 guys coming at full steam

• Thumbs Down 1

10 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Punt team ------ From tackle to tackle they tried to make a little contact, but did not try to block...…….The back 3 can not block 4 or 5 guys coming at full steam

I agree with you that Savion is the way to go at QB. Hope the coach will go with him and quit switching QB’s out!

I hope they do improve. It was neat to see Marshall do well in the playoffs last year.

Non-district games are just that. They count on the record, but have zero consequences for your standing in district and ability of making the playoffs (Captain Obvious here). But, I hope they don’t get too down on themselves and pull it together. Anything can happen from here for Marshall.

12 hours ago, mav01 said:

Carthage is not Longview. We ran the clock down to 1 second VS Longview. The 17 points Carthage has was well earned and on way more snap opportunities. Marshall has no offensive identity. We have the talent to score but unfortunately hard to utilize them now. We have had 3 different players try out at qb so far in this half. I feel like this game and last week was more about finding a guy to lead the offense before the big games. 

you are correct that Carthage is not Longview but they are a good football team. I sure hope the Mavs coach knows what he is doing. It has not appeared that way in the last few games on the field and off the field in the last several months. 

The offense will have to be able to throw the football down the field and find ways to use the passing game in substitute of the running game. How do you balance developing young talent and win at the same time.