Brock @ Gunter

Ballboy23

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

No, just going on what other posters say. Looks like this should be the game of the week. 

I respect what Surratt had to say about Gunter no doubt.  But I watched Brock go toe to toe with Wimberley & PG and beat Hirschi by 14.  I expect this to be a very good football game.

Brock is better than last year.  They have played toe to toe with the 4A boys that they will face next year.  PG game they lost on a fumble.  No fumble and they take a knee to end it.  Wimberly owned them the first half and Brock showed great character to make it a game.  Hirschi was better than I expected but couldn't handle Brock.  Gunter is good but I think they lose this week.  This week is going to go slow.

52 minutes ago, iRockNewbzz said:

How exactly are teams like Gunter/Franklin so good year after year? Pretty remarkable feats to have such a solid program in today's day n age.

The kids buy in to the system. If even a small amount don't then you won't win. But when they see what works and they want to win they buy in.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, chevyman said:

Gunter must be a machine. Big win right here

It’s early in the season. They are good, no doubt, but they aren’t firing on all cylinders yet. Same as every year at this point in the season. They’ll be well oiled by the end of district play.

I watched this one and the game was more one-sided than the 35-12 score. Brock lost their cool in a very physical game.  Gunter’s offensive and defensive line controlled the game. Walker Overman rushed for 149 yards and passed for 51. Gunter was up 35-6 at the half.  

• Like 1