REGIONAL FINAL: CARTHAGE vs. GILMER @ Rose Stadium in Friday at 7 PM

RETIREDFAN1

Carthage vs. Gilmer   

117 members have voted

1. 1. Regional Finals

This poll is closed to new votes

11 minutes ago, VonG said:

I know it's going to be more than 4000 people there. Whether it be just casual fans looking for a game to go to. I know it's quite a few good games going on tonight. I willing to bet the game will be damn near packed if it's not completely sold out. 

Players, band, drill team, cheerleaders, etc..will make more than 4000 on location……..but you would lose that bet on it being packed. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

Players, band, drill team, cheerleaders, etc..will make more than 4000 on location……..but you would lose that bet on it being packed. 

I doubt it. Gilmer always bring a damn near sale out crowd when they play at🌹 Stadium during the playoffs. I can't speak on Carthage crowd. The very few times they have played their. Carthage fans have never sold their allotment out.

1 hour ago, cotton84 said:

Yep I agree. I went and watched the gilmer va Sunnyvale game at rose and gilmer was visiting team that night also and there was room everywhere. Wasn’t a ton of gilmer fans there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bansheefan03 said:

Carthage side will have a good showing always do in playoffs not sure about gilmer

Does it really matter? All they do is react to big plays. Whenever we get down in a game, they are as quiet as church mice. Took my wife to the Glen Rose game and I spent the whole first quarter explaining why we couldn't sit on their side. She said the energy was much better. Sorry, had to get that out.

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Does it really matter? All they do is react to big plays. Whenever we get down in a game, they are as quiet as church mice. Took my wife to the Glen Rose game and I spent the whole first quarter explaining why we couldn't sit on their side. She said the energy was much better. Sorry, had to get that out.

It was not like that at last week’s game. I have never Carthage fans yell that much at a game including myself. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Would love for you to include tonight's crowd in your game summary.

The way our fans were into the game last week was what it should be all the time.

It was good, still not much interaction with or response for the cheerleaders, but that’s the way we’ve always been and it’s not really something that’s easily changed, especially now that we’re so accustomed to winning.

However, the crowd was so much better Surratt even mentioned how pleased he was with the fan support while hosting Chalk Talk the other day.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Would love for you to include tonight's crowd in your game summary.

It was certainly like that in my section last week. I was complaining and explaining to my son and nephew how such "LOW ENERGY" Carthage fans can have. As a collective whole, we've been spoiled.

PG side was WAAAAAAAAAAAAY more enthusiastic and amped. When the horn sounded at the half, you would have thought they had won the state championship as their fans erupted with glee!!

Furthermore, their band...well heck, EVERY band outplays ours. I don't even think their band took the typical 3rd qtr break.

Edited by ProfDMC
  • Like 2

Roll call. Just rolled by 🌹 Stadium. Where you at cotton84? Where yo at sportsguru? Where you at blackflag79? Where you dawg91? Where you at ctown81? Where you at HearEmaGrowlin? Where you at bevbrown? Where you at panthernation2015? Where you at cowboyandchrist? Where you at JBizzle? Where you at to the ones I forgot? Where you at Gilmer fans? Where you at Carthage fans? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'll be back.  Gotta go pick up my kids.

Edited by VonG

20 minutes ago, VonG said:

Roll call. Just rolled by 🌹 Stadium. Where you at cotton84? Where yo at sportsguru? Where you at blackflag79? Where you dawg91? Where you at ctown81? Where you at HearEmaGrowlin? Where you at bevbrown? Where you at panthernation2015? Where you at cowboyandchrist? Where you at JBizzle? Where you at to the ones I forgot? Where you at Gilmer fans? Where you at Carthage fans? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m sitting this one out VonG.  Staying home to watch multiple games at the same time via NFHS.  If one sucks or turns into a blowout, I’ll swap it over to the next one.

1 minute ago, PantherNation2015 said:

I’m sitting this one out VonG.  Staying home to watch multiple games at the same time via NFHS.  If one sucks or turns into a blowout, I’ll swap it over to the next one.

Gotcha. I have to go to a game every week to get my weekly dose of Texas high school football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VonG said:

In my seat at stadium 

3 hours ago, ctown81 said:

9 Titles with hopefully more to come.  Dawg Nation is SPOILED. Enjoy it while it lasts!

Sorry, just had to get that out. 
🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆

DAWG DYNASTY

On 11/25/2023 at 9:54 AM, Lion7000 said:

Gilmer gets carried away thinking they’re better than they really are. Good team but Carthage is on a different level.

I somewhat disagree sir, Carthage isn't on another level, that's Next year when young surrat is a year older,then he separates himself and takes the Dawgs with him.This season they are just really talented and have a legend at the helm on the sidelines..none the less,I think Carthage has enough in the tanks to get by gilmer and all it takes is one point ✌️