Official 2023-24 NCAA Football Championship Thread

Coach Rab

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Saban fussed about the HUNH offenses.  He even told the ncaa they were a safety hazard.  Now he runs one.  Evidently he doesn’t care about the safety of players or he was whining to help benefit his cause.  Do you honestly think Saban will be for a bigger playoff?  No, he won’t.  Because it doesn’t help his cause.  

Saban said be careful what you wish for. Then took what people were doing and did it better.

Some of you are absolutely delusional. It sucks for FSU, no doubt, but if they should be in simply by being undefeated playing a crap schedule, then so should Liberty. Liberty got the shaft! 

Someone tried to call me out on it and say "Oh you'd sing a different tune if Texas wasn't in there and they were undefeated." - NO. No I wouldn't. I've seen Texas without Quinn. I have lived my entire life as a Texas fan the last 14 years being embarrassed and disappointed. I would gladly bow out and save myself the embarrassment of being this year's Notre Dame in the CFP, or worse.

FSU looked TERRIBLE against a mildly decent Louisville team who lost by 17 points to a 3 win Pitt team, and to Kentucky, who didn't beat anyone of value this season other than Louisville. I think FSU might be a top 4 team with Travis, but you couldn't persuade me to believe after what I saw Saturday, that they could even even hold a candle to anyone in the top 4 right now. 

Come on man. All those years that we sit here and complain because Notre Dame gets into the CFP over someone else simply because they're undefeated, just to complain when finally possibly the best 4 teams in the country get to duke it out. 

• Thumbs Down 1

I know there is a ton of conversations about who got in but the matchups we got out of the committee should be really good and entertaining football.

Michigan vs Bama will be incredible, two physical teams that kind of mirror each other in style of play. Qb play on both sides will probably determine this one.

Washington vs Texas will be incredible too just in a different way. Two offensive minded head coaches and I think this one comes down to secondary play.

It’s a perfect setup for fans too. These 4 teams get a month to prepare for a tough game vs a similar opponent and the two winners get a week to prepare for a completely opposite team. 

4 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

That may very well be the stupidest thing ever posted on the internet. 

Only to you bandwagon, boot 👢 lickin Saban/SEC lovin dweebs ....  :rofl:.....

You know deep down it's the truth ..... :woot:

Edited by KirtFalcon
yo mama

2 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Pre-Alabama, would you have called him the Goat?  

Well considering he had one national championship and there were other coaches with multiple rings, no. And since you probably don’t keep up with these things, it’s worth noting that he’s on record as saying he decided to completely change his approach to the game when he left Michigan State to go to LSU. I would tell you and Kirt to read one of the books that’s been written about him, but most of them don’t have any pictures. 

20 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hey, I would love nothing more than for the SEC not be represented in the CFP this year.

However, I was just objectively thinking about who are the current best teams.

In my opinion, FSU is not one of the four best teams, that’s all.

So playing 13 games in a season doesn't matter.......because you aren't one of the best teams for TV ratings.......that's so sad that people care more about what is being shown than actually doing the correct thing....just shows how bad this country has become......

• Like 1

One thing being overlooked is this…. Several years or so ago, Texas offered the Aggies the opportunity to have an ooc home/home series as Texas needed some games.  The Aggy AD said they were booked out for 10 years so Texas started scheduling Alabama and Georgia.  Weeks later the aggys announced a couple series with fcs teams and g5 teams.  Little did we know the Aggy’s pettiness would actually help Texas’ SoS and give Texas a quality win.  That quality win is what put them in the playoffs.  Thanks guys!!!  Lol

• Like 1

This is my last rant on Florida St.

#1 and 2 have 0 losses, P5 champions. 

#1 Michigan's biggest win was over Ohio St.  2nd biggest, 2 loss Penn St, followed by 3 loss Iowa

Washington (#2) beat Oregon twice, and Oregon St as their 2nd biggest win.  Their wins over Utah has lost a lot of value over the season.

#3 Texas lost to Oklahoma.  Biggest win was Alabama, followed by Ok St, then Ok St again.

#4 Alabama has a loss to Texas.  Biggest win was over Georgia.  Ole Miss and LSU are also notable wins.

#5 Florida St lost to NO ONE.  Won the ACC.  Biggest win LSU.  Coupled with wins over ranked Louisville and Duke.

#6 Georgia lost to Alabama.  Biggest win was Ole Miss and Missouri.

#7 Ohio State sucks, so not even talking about them.

Now what is the actual difference between resume of #1 and #2 compared to #5?  The committee literally just judged FSU's entire season on the final 2 games.  And when we look at resumes, and we think the QB makes that big of a difference, you really believe that FSU is better than Georgia, Ohio St, and Oregon without their QB?  Why not drop them all the way down?  This is corruption on a large scale by the NCAA Selection Committee.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DannyZuco said:

So playing 13 games in a season doesn't matter.......because you aren't one of the best teams for TV ratings.......that's so sad that people care more about what is being shown than actually doing the correct thing....just shows how bad this country has become......

I think we are the only 2 people on here upset about the NCAA screwing a team we care nothing about lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Coach Rab said:

I think we are the only 2 people on here upset about the NCAA screwing a team we care nothing about lol.

Nope, I think FSU should’ve been 3rd, same resume as Michigan imo.  Texas should’ve been 4th over Bama.  The committee was not going to leave the espn darling Bama out.  Plain and simple.

• Thanks 2

On 12/3/2023 at 12:19 PM, Lion7000 said:

Ultimately they got it right . FSU wasn’t really top four team despite the record. The committee chairman said  the injury to Jordan Travis played a huge role in them being out. One guy on ESPN asked a good question. He asked on a neutral field with FSU and Bama as they sit right now, could FSU beat Bama? Answer is there.

That's what is pathetic about FSU not getting the invite.  The wins were there, but they based the selection on one player being injured.  Even with a backup they beat the #14 team in the nation.  I'm not an FSU fan and have never been one.  I sort of hate them, but even I can see this is wrong for college football.  There is no answer there, because the two teams haven't played each other.  What was stupid was Coach Norvell playing his starting quarterback against Northern Alabama.  I bet that Jimbo wished that he hadn't left FSU to coach at A&M, because FSU can recruit far better talent to rebuild.  A&M is constantly rebuilding since their last National Championship.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's what is pathetic about FSU not getting the invite.  The wins were there, but they based the selection on one player being injured.  Even with a backup they beat the #14 team in the nation.  I'm not an FSU fan and have never been one.  I sort of hate them, but even I can see this is wrong for college football.  There is no answer there, because the two teams haven't played each other.  What was stupid was Coach Norvell playing his starting quarterback against Northern Alabama.  I bet that Jimbo wished that he hadn't left FSU to coach at A&M, because FSU can recruit far better talent to rebuild.  A&M is constantly rebuilding since their last National Championship.  

Most football fans call it mediocrity, not rebuilding

• LOL! 1

52 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

He's a bandwagon Saban bootlicker ..... :rofl:

Negative. I was a BAMA fan when Saban was a grad assistant at Kent State and you were scrubbing latrine floors with your toothbrush. But keep trying. Your commitment to your stupidity is admirable.