H3llR4z0r

Gilmer (10-0) vs Pleasant Grove (6-4)  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Who makes it to the next round?

• Pleasant Grove in a blowout.
    • Pleasant Grove in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a close one.
    • Gilmer in a blowout.

Snowbird said Bullard would win or at worst come 3rd in our district and then said Gilmer would go undefeated !

Well, hard to argue with that. Gilmer beat your entire district last year. They beat LE and Carthage this year. Bullard played Gilmer better than any team has this year. Hardly a stretch to think they could finish 3rd in your district.

Well, hard to argue with that. Gilmer beat your entire district last year. They beat LE and Carthage this year. Bullard played Gilmer better than any team has this year. Hardly a stretch to think they could finish 3rd in your district.

Maybe I'm giving our 3 top teams too much credit , but I just think Bullard at best is playing for the 4th spot in our district ! Barely beat White Oak and showed up and played hard against Gilmer and almost pulled an upset . Saturday will prove one of us to be right !

Last year talk?

Bullard got knocked out in the first round by this districts 3rd place team... last year.

Maybe I'm giving our 3 top teams too much credit , but I just think Bullard at best is playing for the 4th spot in our district ! Barely beat White Oak and showed up and played hard against Gilmer and almost pulled an upset . Saturday will prove one of us to be right !

That is a testament to how good Bullard is when they play turnover free. Switch them with PG and I believe at worst they finish 3rd in that District...likely 2nd...wouldn't suprise if they could win that district.

Are you kidding me? D6 is by far a more powerful district than D5. Yes Gilmer beat 3/4 of our teams in the playoffs last year, after we had beat the rest of the D5 teams out. Even then, Gilmer barely squeezed one out against Gladewater.

Then you start making opponent comparisons for THIS year? That is probably the most legitimate way to predict the winner of a game... LOL.

Maybe that coach just has a bigger set than all of you that are bashing him. Maybe they aren't scared of gilmer. I think it's a good way to show your players that you believe in them. But to trash a guy because he says he is going to pull an upset is laughable. Have any of you ever competed at anything. Confidence is key.

^^^^ this is the got to be a joke^^^^

A bigger set cause he runs his mouth in the paper? Trash someone? Going to pull an upset?

This has to be a kid that wrote that.

Gilmer by 50

^^^^ this is the got to be a joke^^^^

A bigger set cause he runs his mouth in the paper? Trash someone? Going to pull an upset?

This has to be a kid that wrote that.

Gilmer by 50

Gilmer may very well win by 50, but it won't be because of anything the PG coach says. Like I said before, the coach was not rude or bashing of the Buckeyes in his statement and I personally wouldn't be offended by his remark. Gilmer has always been one of the most prepared and focused teams there is, so if what the PG coach said makes a difference in that preparedness or focus, then this Buckeye team and coaches are not like the Gilmer teams of the past.

Bottom line is if Gilmer wins or by how much they win, in my opinion, won't or shouldn't have anything to do with what the PG coach said in an interview about his team and their ability to win. I'm pretty sure if the Buckeyes win its because they are the better team.

If Gilmer needs something like this to get up, then their coach is doing something wrong. Gilmer is Gilmer and they gon do Gilmer. They will be ready and someone running they mouth will make no difference one way or another. Would be surprised if they even raised their heads up to even acknowledge something was said about them... Hahahaha

Come on guys and gals, just alittle pre fight hype, nothing wrong with that, got this thread to 9 pages lol..thought it would only do a couple! This is the playoffs our favorite time of the year,,,anything can happen!

Lol you've been pretty mellow on here compared to on the FSSW app. You sure get some people tired up on there.

Gilmer may very well win by 50, but it won't be because of anything the PG coach says. Like I said before, the coach was not rude or bashing of the Buckeyes in his statement and I personally wouldn't be offended by his remark. Gilmer has always been one of the most prepared and focused teams there is, so if what the PG coach said makes a difference in that preparedness or focus, then this Buckeye team and coaches are not like the Gilmer teams of the past.

Bottom line is if Gilmer wins or by how much they win, in my opinion, won't or shouldn't have anything to do with what the PG coach said in an interview about his team and their ability to win. I'm pretty sure if the Buckeyes win its because they are the better team.

I know that's your opinion and my opinion is that that's incorrect. It will give a team more motivation to prepare and stay focused. I have seen it and played with it. It WILL give the other team and egde. And media relations person and any football program will tell you not to say this kind of thing. Are they all wrong? It is just something you don't do. Feel free to disagree for whatever reasons, this is my last post on this topic.

I'd still like to know how Gilmer has managed to have just the right number of students to stay in small school every year; maybe somebody's afraid of Navasota? But if they squeeze by with more wins, they will eventually face Celina & that's my prediction for this year's State Champion. Truth be told, they (Gilmer) are not the same team as in years past, they got lucky against LE & Bullard. I'm also picking Navasota n the other division.

I'd still like to know how Gilmer has managed to have just the right number of students to stay in small school every year; maybe somebody's afraid of Navasota? But if they squeeze by with more wins, they will eventually face Celina & that's my prediction for this year's State Champion. Truth be told, they (Gilmer) are not the same team as in years past, they got lucky against LE & Bullard. I'm also picking Navasota n the other division.

Gilmer is a small town of less than 5,000 people, many of them elderly. You see them on these threads every day. The most it has EVER had in its high school was less than 720, IIRC. Once, in 1996-97, the Buckeyes went up to what is now 5A as the smallest school in that classification. That was when we are at our all-time peak in enrollment.

The only reason GHS is not down there at about the enrollment of Gladewater and Atlanta (both towns are SIGNIFICANTLY larger than Gilmer) is that the district covers more than one third of the territory of Upshur County. But it's not really a growing area and I don't think the school has to strategize to remain where it is in enrollment. I'll be surprised if it even stays up there near 700 in coming years.