Post Information on First Scrimmages Here

RETIREDFAN1

JV won 3-0

Varsity won 4-1 (1 coming on backups at end of game).

The guy feeding me information said Atlanta looked pretty solid. Said the QB could really spin the ball. Good thing to hear, we will be able to tell a lot more next week though.

Paris varsity outscored Celina, 3-0, during the opening rounds of 30 snaps each. Celina won the live quarter, 2-0, although Paris would have returned a fumble for a TD if it had not been for play ruled dead on all turnovers. Both teams came away with something to feel good about.

Controlled
No scoring by either side.

Live Quarter
Lorena 12 Cameron Yoe 7

First off, Lorena is going to be typical Lorena. They are going to be well-coached. Do they have some of the athletes that China Spring and La Vega have - no. Are they going to get after it on every play - yes. That is what is going to make them a top 20 team and a favorite to win another district title.

For Cameron, as a whole things went better this year as compared to last year. Scores are great to look at and report as I an everyone else does, but when it comes down to it, I am looking at personnel and the potential that is there in these scrimmages. Cameron's offensive line is going to be improved. They are bigger and stronger and hopefully we can establish a more consistent running game this season. Andress to Westbrook will be a dynamic duo at QB/receiver. We missed on a few passes last night down the field, but the ability is there. I have said it many times already, and I will say it again, this season will come down to what the defensive line can accomplish. Can these guys disrupt things up front? That will remain to be seen. Right now, we are ahead of where we were a year ago as unit and it's all about progression.

Yeah Yoe, everybody gets caught up in the scores....if we had our best 11 on the field every time they had their best 11 out there, would have been plenty more scoring. I bet we worked out 12 WRs with the 1s last night. And defensively we rotated at least 5 kids at every position with the 1s on the field as well. When our main 1s we're out there things came easily, when not...not so much. We seen a lot of bright spots.... Seen some issues as well.