Center 49 Kilgore 35 Final

Aggie98

So what does this really mean???  Does it mean that the Carthage wins are not as good as most thought???  Does it mean Kilgore can in no way be considered a team that could give Carthage a test in the playoffs???   Does it mean there will be no real opposition to Carthage in Region 3 ???   Looks like it's gonna be a cakewalk for Carthage in the Region 3 playoffs,  Huh?

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

So what does this really mean???  Does it mean that the Carthage wins are not as good as most thought???  Does it mean Kilgore can in no way be considered a team that could give Carthage a test in the playoffs???   Does it mean there will be no real opposition to Carthage in Region 3 ???   Looks like it's gonna be a cakewalk for Carthage in the Region 3 playoffs,  Huh?

Carthage's wins are the Real Deal, reagle; This team has performed flawlessly this year; The last few games have been snoozers & this win kind of reminded The Dawgs that there are Still many games to play!👍🏼

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Anything can happen but I dont think Carthage will be really tested until the semis.

14 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Question about this matchup if lion70 will get off my jock long enough...

Didn't the other Evans kid go off last year? I knew Parks had a big game but for some reason I was thinking his main target was Evans..

Congrats to Center on the win. Something for the sophomore QB and freshman RB to build on in the future.

EB, you know you can't bring substance to a post with that dude around. 

Is there a bigger troll?

5 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Just kidding around EB. Unfortunately Tatum is at the top of my "head scratcher" list for this season. I thought you guys had a good chance to win 7-8 games. Just one of those years I guess.

We'll be alright..

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I cant believe Kilgore blew a 28 point lead. Who do they think they are? Tatum?

I for one am still in disbelief...not just about last night..when you continue to fumble and give the opponent gifts you deserve to lose...Im just more upset of the amount of talent thats on this team...but yet the overall attitude and want to is just not there...Like Aggie98 said, "we are just going through the motions"..it's like they just show up..think they will win.....put forth just enough effort needed and thats it....😏..and when the other team punches back we start losing it..everything turns negative...there's no winning mentallity at all and its like we just settle for whatever the end result is..??...maybe Im wrong..but, I just dont understand why we continue doing the things we do...gosh I hope something brings this "team" together...they are better than they are showing!!

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

I for one am still in disbelief...not just about last night..when you continue to fumble and give the opponent gifts you deserve to lose...Im just more upset of the amount of talent thats on this team...but yet the overall attitude and want to is just not there...Like Aggie98 said, "we are just going through the motions"..it's like they just show up..think they will win.....put forth just enough effort needed and thats it....😏..and when the other team punches back we start losing it..everything turns negative...there's no winning mentallity at all and its like we just settle for whatever the end result is..??...maybe Im wrong..but, I just dont understand why we continue doing the things we do...gosh I hope something brings this "team" together...they are better than they are showing!!

I wish you guys had saved a few of those turnovers for our game lol.

1 hour ago, kdogs00 said:

I agree with what you've written.  When a high school team blows a 28-point lead, there are more issues than just turnovers.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Lion70 said:

Yeah what team averages like 3 or 4 fumbles either

The average score of a Kilgore game is 38 - 34. Take out the big win over Pine Tree and the blowout in Carthage and it's still 37 - 32. That's little room for error for a 6-3 team.

Maybe this lose will wake up Kilgore. I for one think Kilgore has underachieved since 2012 and 2013. Yea I know they beat Carthage, but that's been their biggest accomplishment the last couple of years. You can count on Kilgore to pull one of these every year it seems like. Not sure what is the deal. Kilgore with their enrollment and athletes should be dominating teams deep into the playoffs every year. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Acewell said:

I thought Center was down this year?

Down as in rebuilding?, yes. I've been saying all season, young and inexperience. QB is a sophomore, our running back is a freshman, most of our lines are sophomores and juniors, but even then we can surprise some folks. Next couple of years should be a lot of fun over here in Riderland. GO RIDERS!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

Down as in rebuilding?, yes. I've been saying all season, young and inexperience. QB is a sophomore, our running back is a freshman, most of our lines are sophomores and juniors, but even then we can surprise some folks. Next couple of years should be a lot of fun over here in Riderland. GO RIDERS!!

Especially with y'all dropping to DII.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 12:31 AM, Aggie98 said:

First of all, congrats to Center on the win.

As for Kilgore, I've never been more disappointed in a Kilgore football team than I am with this one right now. The attitude of this team is terrible, the commitment of the players is lacking, and there is almost no senior leadership on this team outside of Sheppard. I could tell early on that our offense was just going through the motions tonight and I had a real bad feeling in my gut even when we were up by 4 TD's. There's just no positivity or chemistry on this team right now. And when things start to go south there's a whole lot of finger-pointing and name calling. It's a shame. We have a very talented football team, but if they don't give a rat's whether they win or lose... then I'd rather see us bring up the JV and let them play the schedule out because I guarandamn-tee you they do.

AGREED