Nacogdoches vs Kilgore

nacdragon07

This is a month early but so what. Kilgore comes to Nacogdoches to kickoff the 2019 season, Nac will have a new look this year with 1st year head coach Darren Allman roaming the sidelines. This game for the past couple of years has been a toss up last year Kilgore fell to Nacogdoches I picked Nac to go 2-1 in non district with the lone loss coming to state ranked lufkin so they win a close one at home.

11 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

I think this will be a close one that can go either way. I’m going to pick Kilgore simply because Nac will still be getting used to their new look. Although Kilgore is going to a new offense too, so it should be a good one. True toss up

But still based on the run right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cujoforlife said:

But still based on the run right?

Yes, they’re still going to be a running team first, but they’re going back to more of what they did in 2013. More of a pro style power run game, however they will have a QB that can actually throw the ball for a change. I’m just glad they’re moving on from the triple option

• Like 1

1 hour ago, broncbuster11 said:

Yes, they’re still going to be a running team first, but they’re going back to more of what they did in 2013. More of a pro style power run game, however they will have a QB that can actually throw the ball for a change. I’m just glad they’re moving on from the triple option

Well it is hard to find I true QB when you’re a running team. You have to work with kids to make them good passers.

4 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

Sounds like a Carthage type offense?  🤷‍♂️

6 hours ago, broncbuster11 said:

2013?  Am i missing something?  Kdogs had 50 yards passing in the title game against the CDawgs. 

33 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

2013?  Am i missing something?  Kdogs had 50 yards passing in the title game against the CDawgs. 

I think Kilgore’s offense will resemble Carthage’s more this year. Not saying they’ll be as good, but for the first time in a while Kilgore will have a true Qb back there and not just the best athlete running around with the ball. They’re still going to run the ball like Kilgore does, but there should be more balance.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, broncbuster11 said:

I think Kilgore’s offense will resemble Carthage’s more this year. Not saying they’ll be as good, but for the first time in a while Kilgore will have a true Qb back there and not just the best athlete running around with the ball. They’re still going to run the ball like Kilgore does, but there should be more balance.

No disrespect intended.  What i remember about that 2013 team was a great defense and hard nosed running game but don't recall much in the way of passing threat.  Thank goodness! 😁

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

No disrespect intended.  What i remember about that 2013 team was a great defense and hard nosed running game but don't recall much in the way of passing threat.  Thank goodness! 😁

That 2013 team didn’t have a quarterback. They had a great athlete that could run but he was very limited passing. The kid they’ve got coming this year is a true passer. When I say their offense will be more like it was in 2013, I mean they’re done with the triple option read stuff. They’ll be back to a more power offense and not such finesse. They should also have the option to throw the ball available to them. The defense will be very much improved as well. Now all that being said, do I think they can realistically challenge Carthage for a DC? At this point I don’t think so, but I think Kilgore will be more like their old selves this year than last. 

Tough to call IMHO.  Could be a pretty competitive game.

Nac might be looking for a new identity with the new staff and schemes.  But Kilgore seems to be uncharacteristically  struggling of late......

Nac won by 17 last year..... and Kilgore only won 4 games....then again... Nac only won 5.

I would say the game would be an advantage for Nac since it's at home....but.... home has been a house of horrors for the Dragons the last few years.

It's really a toss up for me right now.... I expect a good one in the season opener.

I'll take Nac in a squeaker.  But I wouldn't be shocked if Kilgore won.

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

Nac might be looking for a new identity with the new staff and schemes.  But Kilgore seems to be uncharacteristically  struggling of late......

Nac won by 17 last year..... and Kilgore only won 4 games....then again... Nac only won 5.

I would say the game would be an advantage for Nac since it's at home....but.... home has been a house of horrors for the Dragons the last few years.

It's really a toss up for me right now.... I expect a good one in the season opener.

Yeah you would think turf would be beneficial but since we had it we have barely won any home games but the last time Kilgore came to Nac they lost so hopefully we can pull it off.

14 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

Nac won by 17 but up 35-0 to start the 4th QTR last year. Both teams making changes in the off season, unless Kilgore had a great set of Fresh and Sophs coming up I think Nac will be too much at home.

On 7/3/2019 at 12:04 PM, Nacwagons said:

Nac won by 17 but up 35-0 to start the 4th QTR last year. Both teams making changes in the off season, unless Kilgore had a great set of Fresh and Sophs coming up I think Nac will be too much at home.

Kilgore has an excellent set of 9th and 10th graders coming up.  9th lost one game to Carthage for DC in pouring rain.  JV was undefeated and co- DC.

• Like 2
  • Stinks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:46 PM, DAWG91 said:

In my eyes you are exactly right , very one dimensional which has killed us for many years . hopefully things will be atleast more balanced now ,