Lindale (3-3)(2-0) @ Kilgore (5-1)(2-0)

GoodOleBoy73

The big question is will Lindale score more on that very very good Kilgore D than Kilgore will score on Lindale's D? Just my opinion but I just believe Kilgore is the better football team right now. Lindale is gonna have to score 28 or more points to beat Kilgore and it's only happened once all year and that was first game of season. But we shall see I'm going to predict something like

Lindale 19

Kilgore 35

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

I hope you're not comparing Athens offense to Kilgore and I'm pretty confident Lindale isn't going to score 40 on this Kilgore D. 

Not comparing Athens with Kilgore at all and I never said Lindale will score 40. All I am saying is Lindale’s defense has been playing very well the last 2 games. Obviously Kilgore is favored but Lindale could pull it off if they play a perfect game

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Nobody is comparing anything about Athens to Kilgore…Kilgore will destroy Athens. 

And Athens will destroy Jacksonville. Man they were bad (sorry, there wasn't a Kilgore/Jax thread). We were up 35-0 halfway through the 2nd quarter.... been a long time since we had to start subbing in in the first half.

edit... forgot Athens already beatdown Jax.

Edited by Aggie98

Always a close game! Last time these two played was in the 3rd round last year. It was close until the end of the 4th where turnovers killed lindale. This year lindale seems to be peaking at the right time,  getting better each weak. Kilgore seems improved from last year. In years past this has been a high scoring game. Lindale shocks the district next week and wins by 2 points 

• Like 2

I'm looking forward to this one.... much respect for Lindale and their program. It's good to see they got things figured out defensively, but no surprise as they have one of the best coaching staffs in the state..... And a QB that's an absolute gamer.

As for Kilgore, you've probably heard about our defense. It's a really good unit... probably the best defense we've had since 2013. But what's really scary about this team is that the offense has the potential to be just as dangerous as the defense. After kinda stumbling out of the gate the first 3 weeks, they have rapidly been closing that gap with the defense. Big O-line with a QB that runs like a RB and has an absolute cannon for an arm. 4-deep at RB and 5 - 6 really good receivers. If the offense continues on their current trajectory, this could be a really special team.

• Like 4

Should be a good one. 

But the Kilgore defense is has been pretty strong. And, Kilgore definitely has a four headed monster at the running back position ( 2- SRs, 1- Soph, and 1 - Fresh)

The Freshman reminds me alot of Stewart from Chapel Hill, he will definitely be worth watching the next 3 years.

• Like 1

Nothing but respect for Lindale...they are are a good team and very well coached...I know they will make this a game...there's just something about this Kilgore team though and I believe they show up and get the job done...Lindale will compete but in the end I just think Kilgore will be too much....should be an awesome environment