The Smoakhouse Forums

27 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

I did my own research from what the CDC has given us:

.4% of the US population has contracted COVID-19.

The death rate of 30-39 age group accounts for .2% of all deaths from COVID-19.

The next age group up (40-49) accounts for .4% of all deaths from COVID-19.

In NYC of the 309 deaths of 30-39 year olds, 240 of them had underlying conditions, 40 more they were unsure about. Only 26 died with no underlying causes.

Ages 15-24 have had a total of 48 COVID-19 deaths.  That is .7% death rate among kids that get infected.  Meaning 7 people out of every 1000.  

And since we are going crazy with stats, I will let you do a little math from the CDC. https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm
Take all deaths, subtract covid deaths, subtract pneumonia deaths, that will leave you with influenza deaths. Notice how similar the stats are? And we have vaccines and treatments for influenza. Do we really need to wait for a vaccine to live life again?

This #### is literally insane.  The media is taking #s and spoon feeding it to the masses.  What they aren't doing is telling you the truth.  70% or more of COVID deaths are from the elderly or individuals with underlying conditions.  Instead of locking the world up, LOCK THOSE PEOPLE UP!  We are killing our country, not the virus, US!  Remember the huge transgender push?  That was less than 1% of the population forcig us to let boys compete as girls.  We are letting the government tell us to rot inside our homes and go broke for about 1/2 % of the US population who just tested positive for the virus.  So of that 1/2% of the population, you can see the fraction of a percent up there of the infected.  Meaning we are hiding from the 1/2 percent of the 1/2 percent.  

You liberal scared people, go hide in your hole and live off of scraps.  I want to go back to work.

Amen!

• Like 5
  • Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did my own research from what the CDC has given us:.4% of the US population has contracted COVID-19.The death rate of 30-39 age group accounts for .2% of all deaths from COVID-19.The next age group

This whole shenanigans about locking down the country had nothing to do with “health”.  It had everything to do with saving face since we are one of the world leaders in medical research and treatment

I don't think over 40,000 deaths in less than 2 months could be labeled as "stupidity"  but that's another conversation.  Almost every country in the world has had some form of lockdown....so we aren'

Posted Images

13 hours ago, orange4life said:

Some of yall need to redirect your opinions.  It is about the health of not only the kids, but the health of the parents.  Sorry, I only read a couple of posts, didn't want to read the bs that went along with some of it.  Don't speak unless you have been in contact with the virus.  Throw the mike.  

Who gave a mic to this guy to begin with?  

School Districts may start school prior to the fourth Monday in August (TEC Sec. 25.0811) through a District of Innovation plan or a Year-Round System designation. TEA has outlined the following options for districts interested in changing school start dates for the 2020-2021 school year.

https://files.constantcontact.com/f1fc1a43201/0c7e92a1-6e2b-492c-a66f-04f5570ce6e8.pdf

What the change could look like:  Earlier start date, long Winter Break and longer other breaks, and a later end date  Built in remote learning time and staggered in person attendance  Recommended six weeks of intersessional breaks in addition to regular calendar that can be used for:  Remediation, acceleration, or enrichment  Breaks required due to resurgence of COVID-19  Bad weather make up days

https://files.constantcontact.com/f1fc1a43201/4d2d344b-28e6-4070-9492-81f80235b673.pdf

I’m hoping for a full football season and as close to normal school year.  I do however think the faster we rush to open things up it have a negative effect in the football season and school year.   

Trump is awesome for our economy, but to listen to him talk medical talk is hard to do.  He is no expert in that at all.   I would rather listen to the people that know.

I also cannot stand to see Governor Abbot’s news conferences because I have to look at Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick in the background.   Patrick is beyond an idiot.  No friend to education or schools.

So... IMO... if we open things up to quickly I think you can kiss HS football season goodbye for this fall!!!!!

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, bignasty said:

It was related to HS Sports to begin with

Yes, but it doesn't take much to turn things into an "Orange Man Bad" vs. "God Emperor Trump" circle ####. 

I don't mind it, I just like to keep it in its proper place. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 9:54 AM, LOL said:

Take the Trump talk to the Political Forum, fellas. That's why it exists. 

http://www.smoaky.com/forum/index.php?/forum/79-political-arena/

This forum is for the discussion of High School Sports

Well politics has interjected itself into H.S sports unfortunately. The left is attempting to change our way of life because they lost the 2016 election. We can solve that in November and move on. But I do understand what you are saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
On 5/13/2020 at 10:41 AM, LOL said:

Yes, but it doesn't take much to turn things into an "Orange Man Bad" vs. "God Emperor Trump" circle ####. 

I don't mind it, I just like to keep it in its proper place. 

I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT!  :p 

• Roll Eyes 1
1 hour ago, BACKnBLACK said:

Well politics has interjected itself into H.S sports unfortunately. The left is attempting to change our way of life because they lost the 2016 election. We can solve that in November and move on. But I do understand what you are saying.

If you want to talk UIL politics, fine, but lay off the national stuff. Again, there's enough national politics in the Political Forum for anyone. 

1 minute ago, MavGrad99 said:

I DO WHAT I WANT WHEN I WANT!  :p 

You shut your mouth, Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! 

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, LOL said:

You shut your mouth, Dorothy Mantooth is a saint! 

Did you know that I can suspend "Moderators"  🏆

• Roll Eyes 1
6 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Did you know that I can suspend "Moderators"  🏆

Bro, do you even Meme? 

In0MVuc.gif

Louisiana is allowing summer workouts to start June 8th..... Texas soon to follow? 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Louisiana is allowing summer workouts to start June 8th..... Texas soon to follow? 

We're not supposed to be wroking out? 👀

10 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

We're not supposed to be wroking out? 👀

Not as a team with coaches on school grounds. 

13 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Not as a team with coaches on school grounds. 

Wasn't there something reported that the UIL talked about easing those restrictions since spring ball was canceled? I thought I remember reading something like that.?.? I could be way off though. 😕

2 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Wasn't there something reported that the UIL talked about easing those restrictions since spring ball was canceled? I thought I remember reading something like that.?.? I could be way off though. 😕

Have you seen EFs new turf yet ?.

5 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

There was y’all about easing once coaches and players were giving the green light. But that hasn’t happened yet. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

Something I hadn’t thought about but it makes sense. 

Makes sense in China, maybe. If we can go to the liquor store, movie theatre, and restaurants. I think we should be able to decide if the risk of going to a ballgame is worth it  

• Like 2

There are those at high risk no matter what age.  The older folks which I am one of are always high risk whether it be Covid 19 or any of the many strains of the flu.  The death rate is always higher for my age group.  Many more wile catch this virus.  Most will be fine.  Each of us know our risk and We are responsible to take care of ourselves.  The economy has to open up.  There are risk and people will get sick.  At the end of it all I figure about the same amount will get sick and die any way we go. I think the lock down is just kicking the can down the road and destroying our economy.  Fact is without a medical break thru the quicker we all get it the sooner it will go away.  Kind of like the flu every year.  I don’t want anyone to get sick for sure.i want this man altered disease to do its thing and leave

• Like 3

Under 25 years old . You are more likely to die in car on the way to the game or getting struck by lightning than getting the Covid 19. Sooner or later facts will prevail and we will stop living in fear.

• Like 3