Center (7-3) vs Gilmer (7-3) Friday 7:00pm in Hallsville

Center vs Gilmer: Friday 7:00pm in Hallsville   

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who Ya Got?

• Center Roughriders
    • Gilmer Buckeyes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/11/2023 at 01:00 AM

48 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

I love the fact we played a hard preseason schedule, there isn’t a team that we possibly can face that has something that we haven’t seen.

There is one out there that is something you "haven't seen". You probably will not win enough games to get to them. 

2 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Nope, close but nope not as good. This young group is now playing at a different level. You forgot the Dawg D line dominated the fourth quarter of the Kilgore game and they are way better now. 

Man ur just being a homer, I think y’all defense is good but top to bottom I’ll take Kilgore. Both front 7 are about equal but I think their backend is a little better 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, michaelmyers said:

Yeah I seen all of those lol 😂 maybe there was just something in the air last night

I'll tell you what was in the air last night, and on the ground. Flags, yellow flags. I'll bet Van had more penalties last night than all the other district games combined!🤣 I'm not complaining about the refs either. They did a good job. False starts, illegal substitutions you name it. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. Totally unlike normal Vandal football. Combine that with a couple of turnovers and the fact that Bullard played a great game and that explains it. Hopefully got that stuff out of our system and can start fresh next week.

1 minute ago, Vandalman said:

I'll tell you what was in the air last night, and on the ground. Flags, yellow flags. I'll bet Van had more penalties last night than all the other district games combined!🤣 I'm not complaining about the refs either. They did a good job. False starts, illegal substitutions you name it. We shot ourselves in the foot multiple times. Totally unlike normal Vandal football. Combine that with a couple of turnovers and the fact that Bullard played a great game and that explains it. Hopefully got that stuff out of our system and can start fresh next week.

I knew something was up and yeah you’re right that’s not like Van. Y’all are a usually a disciplined team. I hope they got it out of their system because y’all are to good of a team and think y’all will make a long run in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eagle34 said:

I don’t think this one will be close. Gilmer 58- Center 30

I hope you are right, but the Gilmer defense is the worst they have ever fielded. Center has talent on the offense to score at will against this Gilmer defense. A QB that can run will do well against Gilmer, no matter how good the rest of the team is.

Gilmer is the better and more talented team, but the defense is so terrible, anything could happen.

1 hour ago, metalhead10 said:

I hope you are right, but the Gilmer defense is the worst they have ever fielded. Center has talent on the offense to score at will against this Gilmer defense. A QB that can run will do well against Gilmer, no matter how good the rest of the team is.

Gilmer is the better and more talented team, but the defense is so terrible, anything could happen.

I agree with you on everything. I’ve seen a few posts saying how improved and how much better gilmer defense is now since the PG game. Did Gilmer get some players back from injury on the defense or is it just because they haven’t played a strong team since PG and that’s making them look better?

4 hours ago, metalhead10 said:

You don't know what a terrible defense is until you see Center's. But don't get me wrong, they do have their moments when they seem to make stops at critical times.

2 hours ago, Crawford said:

You don't know what a terrible defense is until you see Center's. But don't get me wrong, they do have their moments when they seem to make stops at critical times.

Thanks for the information.

I really think this will be a very high scoring game. Probably 50 points by both teams, at least.

both teams have an offense  that can score, and both teams have a defense that can't stop anything.

we shall see, I just hope no players get injured and can't play the next round, no matter who wins.

• Like 1