#1 Carthage vs. #3 Pleasant Grove(2 p.m, Friday @ Longview Pine Tree)

99probs

Carthage Bulldogs vs. Pleasant Grove Hawks(2:00 @ Pine Tree in Longview)  

126 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Carthage
    • Pleasant Grove

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/20/2023 at 6:42 PM, bansheefan03 said:

Have a feeling gonna be a bad day for Texarkana at pinetree 

Not necessarily. Definitely still a lot of folks around here that don’t want PG to win….

The Texarkana transfer portal has not sat well many. 

5 minutes ago, LetsGoEagles said:

It's all GA, I doubt it's tracked 

Fire Marshall should allow only a certain number in the game…..P G coach said in an interview I just watched that he doubted any tickets are available by now……..But as far as the website goes, I don’t expect them to show a countdown on that site - just would have been nice/cool if it did. 

Just now, cotton84 said:

Fire Marshall should allow only a certain number in the game…..P G coach said in an interview I just watched that he doubted any tickets are available by now……..But as far as the website goes, I don’t expect them to show a countdown on that site - just would have been nice/cool if it did. 

Well, PG is visitor side, so they'll have to worry about it. I doubt Home side/Carthage sells out. 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:01 PM, VonG said:

I guessing Texarkana gameday will be broadcasting this game. If so I will definitely be watching. 

Do we know how they're still able to broadcast games given its playoffs? I know Longview Gameday is still able to stream on YouTube as well...figured maybe they paid for licensing or something.

14 hours ago, SmoakyBandito said:

That team was still pretty good. I think the program overall is much better now. That was still early days. But 3 times more talented? Not sure about that one. Ed Pope was on that team. Bogie was the sophomore QB. Had a ton of sophomores that didn’t lose many games after that season. Competition was a little more stiff. Lost to Lindale, CH, Gilmer and Argyle.

Had to go to OT to win in Pittsburg.

3 hours ago, cotton84 said:

Where did you find a show

On 11/20/2023 at 5:15 AM, bansheefan03 said:

Okay I was just wondering why they came at different times 

Landon moved here in 5th Grade I believe and moved back to PG after 7th Grade year. Great kids, and Great family. Was my neighbor and Landon played on our Baseball Team. Could hit a baseball along way if he got ahold if it lol

Edited by Buckeyebaseball21

On 11/19/2023 at 8:27 PM, bansheefan03 said:

Did they really? Parents split? Cause the younger one moved his either grade year while older one was what a sr then?

Parents split before moving to Gilmer. She married her now husband who lived in Gilmer at the time. Thats why they moved here. 

Edited by Buckeyebaseball21

7 hours ago, needmoretacos said:

Do we know how they're still able to broadcast games given its playoffs? I know Longview Gameday is still able to stream on YouTube as well...figured maybe they paid for licensing or something.

its through nfhs wont be on the gameday youtube or facebook. they did pay for a couple of games but i guess nfhs had this already not sure how that all works.

22 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

I just got in on this topic and I apologize if this has already been discussed. I don’t have time to go back and read everything but why was this location chosen to play at? Why not some place larger?

Marshall has some construction going on…….Longview is still in playoffs, and possible with that and school being out, didn’t have enough workers. 

36 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

I just got in on this topic and I apologize if this has already been discussed. I don’t have time to go back and read everything but why was this location chosen to play at? Why not some place larger?

No where larger that would not be way out of the way for both teams